ADVERTISEMENT

Walden on Airwaves of Spokane Bashing Leach Coaching

See the name of the brand x poster in this question/answer?

LongDuckDong1: Hello Coach...you said on Ian's show last week that the blow outs were over. The reason a lot of us are concerned is that while the offense showed glimmers of hope, the defense, which was supposed to be our strength, showed zero improvement whatsoever...it was the same old same old...any thoughts?

Jim Walden: The blowout came because we gave up 28 cheap points, the defense was handed a sack of you know what for 21 of those points. I agree with your assessment on the defense as far as the defensive line, they can play a lot better than that. A lot better. And the tackling will improve as thr defensive line gets better. I disagree with you on the secondary, I saw no drastic screw ups, and at some point what I saw was OSU make some plays and just beat us. But I think the secondary played reasonably well, the linebackers had some misses but they played better than you're giving them credit for. All of them can also play better, based on what I've seen in practice and from the first game.

It's one of the Bravado Brothers/Dumb and Dumber pair.
Did you really just go to brand x to dig up a post of mine?(which I don't even remember making)

Good god you're creepy. You seriously need to get a life.

Did you really just go to brand x to dig up a post of mine?(which I don't even remember making)

Good god you're creepy. You seriously need to get a life.
No, that's not it- you should read what's in these threads, it's pretty informative for that sort of thing. The shock that your name would come up in looking for stuff where Walden lavished praise on Wulff, though- how big a non-surprise is that?

Why do you consider Jim Walden an idiot convention? These are his pull quotes.
I'm not. I'm referring to you and Yaki and the others from bringing him up...again.

And it surprises me none that you don't think Yaki going over to brand x and digging up old posts of mine isn't bizzare behavior.

And it surprises me none that you don't think Yaki going over to brand x and digging up old posts of mine isn't bizzare behavior.

That's because he's not- he read what was linked, and, by coincidence, there you were, stumpin' away.

Tell us about the glimmers, though...

In looking for quotes by Walden about Price, I found this gem from a Brand X chat with Walden back in 2010:

Do I need to comment?

We'll make this simple for this board's resident dunderhead who continues to take on linebackers head first (no helmet). See the link above, which was posted on this board by someone else. Even with one's head up one's arse, it's easy to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: wulffui
You tell me- you're the one who said it.
Ok. I will tell you. YES, I do think you are smoking rocks

The fact that you(and Yaki)are commenting on a post I made 5 yrs ago(on another board) speaks volumes.

Not sure what the big deal is. I asked Walden a question...and I don't even remember this convo.. Yet Yaki finds it important to post it over here for some reason.

Two words: Nut Job.

Last edited:

The fact that you(and Yaki)are commenting on a post I made 5 yrs ago(on another board) speaks volumes.

Not sure what the big deal is. I asked Walden a question...and I don't even remember this convo.. Yet Yaki finds it important to post it over here for some reason.

Yeah, it's totally impossible to imagine that you'd be all dewy eyed and turning to Walden for hope in carrying the Wulff flag. That doesn't jive with you at all. Also, you know the colored text represents links, right?

No, wait. It fits exactly. Funny to see you turn on the next coach, though, after you were pulling hope out of seven TD losses for Wulff.

Yeah, it's totally impossible to imagine that you'd be all dewy eyed and turning to Walden for hope in carrying the Wulff flag. That doesn't jive with you at all. Also, you know the colored text represents links, right?

No, wait. It fits exactly. Funny to see you turn on the next coach, though, after you were pulling hope out of seven TD losses for Wulff.
You're an idiot...with too much time on his hands.

Do you not find it ironic that you are chastising me for "carrying the Wulff flag"?... yet you NAMED yourself after Wulff.

Like I said...idiot.

Last edited:
You're an idiot...with too much time on his hands.
You should take two minutes to read about how the internet works. It would blow your mind. Evidently, you can go to dictionary.com and get an irony definition, too. Because, no, you wishing Wulff would succeed super hard, and getting the sads has nothing to do with my screen name. Neither does anything, really. But you're a moron, so that's all SPINGEBOOB can address.

Last edited:
You should take two minutes to read about how the internet works. It would blow your mind.
Commenting on my posts from 5 yrs ago and coming up with conspiracy theories...Like I said, too much time on your hands.

Chastising me for "waving the Wulff flag" while bearing his name is a bit like the black white supremist on Chappelles show.

The irony seems to escape you, however.

What's funny is, at least five other people have pointed out the irony of a kids cartoon criticizing ANY screen name... but you're oblivious to that...

Commenting on my posts from 5 yrs ago and coming up with conspiracy theories...Like I said, too much time on your hands.

Chastising me for "waving the Wulff flag" while bearing his name is a bit like the black white supremist on Chappelles show.

The irony seems to escape you, however.
Yeah, who'd have thought you were kissing Wulff's ass five years ago like you do today? Shocked, I say. You were guzzling the Kool Aid at a level never seen before.

What's funny is, at least five other people have pointed out the irony of a kids cartoon criticizing ANY screen name... but you're oblivious to that...
I've explained the screen name a billion times...but its not the same as some who bears the name Wulff...and criticizes him all day every day.

You can cry all you want about me pointing it out. I'm not the one who named myself after Wulff and then occuaed someone of carrying the Wulff flag.

I swear...I couldn't make this up if I tried.

I've explained the screen name a billion times...but its not the same as some who bears the name Wulff...and criticizes him all day every day.

You can cry all you want about me pointing it out. I'm not the one who named myself after Wulff and then occuaed someone of carrying the Wulff flag.

I swear...I couldn't make this upnif I tried.
Your alcohol consumption has taken the lead over your typing skills.

Regroup, try again tomorrow.

And like an idiot, you are still bringing up Wulff.
And like a moron, you're still slurping him. I mean, its right there, you selling yourself on nothing... yet you know what's going on.

Your story gets longer and dumber all the time, Spongebob LongDuckDong.

Your alcohol consumption has taken the lead over your typing skills.

Regroup, try again tomorrow.
Ahh..the old typo accusation.

I must have had the flu.

Maybe I will try again tomorrow...but you'll still be here talking about he who you named yourself after....yet again.

Ahh..the old typo accusation.

I must have had the flu.

Maybe I will try again tomorrow...but you'll still be here talking about he who you named yourself after....yet again.
:rolleyes: I've been light the last week- I wanted to make sure I wasn't the sole enabler for your nitwittery.

You didn't disappoint. Which is to say, you still consistently did.:p

:rolleyes: I've been light the last week- I wanted to make sure I wasn't the sole enabler for your nitwittery.

You'll still be here talking about your favorite subject(Wulff)and my post from 5 yrs ago...which has nothing to do with today...but you can't help yourself.

You'll still be here talking about your favorite subject(Wulff)and my post from 5 yrs ago...which has nothing to do with today...but you can't help yourself.
Hey, it's your idiot crew that demanded proof of the obvious Price/Walden schism- without that demanded, no one offers it, and your five year old stupidity is a non issue, and we're still just discussing your present day stupidity. Now you've established stupidity credibility, though, which, at least it's some credibility- that's gotta be new!

Well....if that was your question. No, there are zero foreclosures in my history. Short-sales. One. Client had his condo drop by 50% and his wife got pregnant with twins and he had to move and with the condo covenants would not allow him to rent out his unit, and he was more than happy to take a 500.00 a month loss to do so. There you have it. I have 2009's "depression" on my hands.

Funny, no talk of how the market is almost out of control, all the people who do not have cash to buy houses, and how many people retire off the housing market.

Mmmm some other poor soul had to handle your quarterly TDRs then? FYI I understand everything you are saying... I had to handle the ALLL for my old company, it was interesting to fully see how retarded lenders can be.

And no, I don't believe you had little to no troubled loans...

Also, don't hate on old people drinking the housing market koolaid...

Hey, it's your idiot crew that demanded proof of the obvious Price/Walden schism- without that demanded, no one offers it, and your five year old stupidity is a non issue, and we're still just discussing your present day stupidity. Now you've established stupidity credibility, though, which, at least it's some credibility- that's gotta be new!

Someone needs to tell these guys this board is changing for them, their previous 10 years of ridiculous antics is coming to an end...

ramsay-gif-8.gif

Just out of curiousity, how is the quote that you posted by spongebob11 from Brand X supportive of Wulff and indicative of flag waving?

LongDuckDong1: Hello Coach...you said on Ian's show last week that the blow outs were over. The reason a lot of us are concerned is that while the offense showed glimmers of hope, the defense, which was supposed to be our strength, showed zero improvement whatsoever...it was the same old same old...any thoughts?

I don't see anything in that post that says that he thinks that WSU is destined for greatness with Wulff. If anything, it's a criticism suggesting that things weren't getting any better. For the benefit of the uninitiated, please break down that quote for me. I see that he made the comment that the offense was showing glimmers of hope, but it seems to me that the "same old same old" counters that effectively. The offense almost doubled its point production in 2010 so "glimmers of hope" seems like an appropriate comment to me but then again, I'm told that I don't have a clue.

I understand that a true Wulff hater would have gone on record with a fiery, "fire that sumbitch!" rant, but as a fan hoping for the future, I didn't see the harm of the question.

Appreciate the help so I can understand. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity, how is the quote that you posted by spongebob11 from Brand X supportive of Wulff and indicative of flag waving?

I don't see anything in that post that says that he thinks that WSU is destined for greatness with Wulff. If anything, it's a criticism suggesting that things weren't getting any better. For the benefit of the uninitiated, please break down that quote for me. I see that he made the comment that the offense was showing glimmers of hope, but it seems to me that the "same old same old" counters that effectively. The offense almost doubled its point production in 2010 so "glimmers of hope" seems like an appropriate comment to me but then again, I'm told that I don't have a clue.

I understand that a true Wulff hater would have gone on record with a fiery, "fire that sumbitch!" rant, but as a fan hoping for the future, I didn't see the harm of the question.

We lost by 48 to start year three- and he leads with "a lot of us are concerned" (oh, just now?) and "glimmers of hope from the offense"? It's the guy getting his head blown off, then someone saying how nice a pair of shoes he had on, and downplaying the whole "no head" thing. In fairness, that is probably the only tone that gets noticed by Walden.

Reactions: YakiCoug

Yeah, this was never about you. That was simply a byproduct of the link about Walden. You aren't that interesting.

We lost by 48 to start year three- and he leads with "a lot of us are concerned" (oh, just now?) and "glimmers of hope from the offense"? It's the guy getting his head blown off, then someone saying how nice a pair of shoes he had on, and downplaying the whole "no head" thing. In fairness, that is probably the only tone that gets noticed by Walden.

So what was he supposed to say as a fan? As a participant in a chat with a guy who represents the university, what would you have said? Given the angst filled odes that we read around here, you wouldn't have gotten past the screeners because nobody wants to hear someone yelling, "He sucks, fire him!" one game into a season.

Instead, sponge asked a nuanced question that displayed his concern that things hadn't changed. You can be pissed off and thinking more than that, but the lines you are reading in between are so heavily influenced by your hate for Wulff (and some of the posters here) that you apparently can't make a rational interpretation. How can "showed zero improvement whatsoever...it was the same old same old" at the end of his question be interpreted as downplaying anything?

Anyone who reads that post and thinks "Wulff Lover!" should study up on reading comprehension and work on improving theirs.

Reactions: spongebob11
Ed, the cost of the buyout is only one part of the financial commitment in bringing in the new coach. Other parts include are paying the new coach, paying the new assistants, paying the new non-coaching staff, and increasing the recruiting and operational budgets.
None of which are reasons that would hold back Moos... according to Moos.
I had a hearty laugh at Brand X SDCoug. Biggest clown on that forum. He used to claim to know Bill Moos personally and would guarantee to anyone who would listen that we would never hire a guy who is suing ESPN.
He does know Moos personally. Quite well in fact. They had a bit of falling out over the coaching transition for a short time but that cut has healed a long time ago. He's donated multiple tens of thousands of dollars to WSU, brought in a lot more and has also donated hundreds of hours of his personal and professional time for WSU and WSU athletics.

So, it's obvious why, on this bored he's the worst kind of cougar fan and WSU would be better off without him and those that share his passion for and commitment to WSU.

Reactions: spongebob11

There were other posts by "LongDukDong1" in that chat. One other proclaims Staden as a legit Pac-10 running back. This comes from a guy who has already dissed Wicks, Morrow, and Harrington. Btw, he loved the subtle racism regarding that character in "Sixteen Candles" so much he named himself after him. Then again, that character does get sh!tfaced and passes out in a yard. I can see why he bonded with all that. Flat, that padded room the Three Stooges occupy is crowded enough. Why do you want in there?

From the guy still posting about a question I asked Walden past midnight.

Riddle me this:

1. What is the purpose of posting a question I asked Walden 5 yrs ago?...on another site...Yaki's obsession with me and my brother not withstanding.

2. Why are you and Yaki sitting around humping your fist past midnight about a 5yr old post from another site?

Must be the flu.

Some births are a flu-borne typo. Hence the endless nitwittery.

From the guy still posting about a question I asked Walden past midnight.

Riddle me this:

1. What is the purpose of posting a question I asked Walden 5 yrs ago?...on another site...Yaki's obsession with me and my brother not withstanding.

2. Why are you and Yaki sitting around humping your fist past midnight about a 5yr old post from another site?

Must be the flu.

No one cares about you, you aren't important, you get in the way of people who know what they are talking about.

I'll repeat, you are not important, no one cares about you.

There were other posts by "LongDukDong1" in that chat. One other proclaims Staden as a legit Pac-10 running back. This comes from a guy who has already dissed Wicks, Morrow, and Harrington. Btw, he loved the subtle racism regarding that character in "Sixteen Candles" so much he named himself after him. Then again, that character does get sh!tfaced and passes out in a yard. I can see why he bonded with all that. Flat, that padded room the Three Stooges occupy is crowded enough. Why do you want in there?

I wasn't defending the rest of the chat. I was just looking at the one quote and thinking that it doesn't say anything that could be considered negative.

As for the other post in the chat, it was:

LongDuckDong1: Hello Coach...is it me...or does Tuel seem more comfortable in the shotgun? Good thing we have nice depth at the RB spot but sure would have love to see Galvin out there...but Staden will make plays for us.

He does say that he believes that Staden will make plays but I didn't see anything proclaiming him as a legit Pac-10 running back. If anything, he makes it clear that Galvin was someone he'd rather see. Leach would probably buy into that thinking. I can't imagine any fan who is trying to be optimistic saying much else. I don't see either of those posts being meaningful. At the end of the day, the only thing that you can get out of that chat is that Walden was going to say whatever he could to stick up for Wulff.....and nothing's changed.

As for the fact that sponge is bashing on our current running backs......I feel you and think that it's wrong to say much negative about them. Our running backs do what they are asked of them. It's not their fault that the line sucked in the past and Halliday never had a pass play that he'd feel like skipping.

None of which are reasons that would hold back Moos... according to Moos.

He does know Moos personally. Quite well in fact. They had a bit of falling out over the coaching transition for a short time but that cut has healed a long time ago. He's donated multiple tens of thousands of dollars to WSU, brought in a lot more and has also donated hundreds of hours of his personal and professional time for WSU and WSU athletics.

So, it's obvious why, on this bored he's the worst kind of cougar fan and WSU would be better off without him and those that share his passion for and commitment to WSU.

Good for him and his passion for WSU. I never once said we don't need fans like him. But I am going to make fun of him for acting like he is the only connected person WSU has in their fanbase, especially when his guarantees blow up in his face.

Sorry, but guys who know Bill Moos from alumni functions then gloat about it endlessly on message boards are losers.

So what was he supposed to say as a fan? As a participant in a chat with a guy who represents the university, what would you have said? Given the angst filled odes that we read around here, you wouldn't have gotten past the screeners because nobody wants to hear someone yelling, "He sucks, fire him!" one game into a season.

Instead, sponge asked a nuanced question that displayed his concern that things hadn't changed. You can be pissed off and thinking more than that, but the lines you are reading in between are so heavily influenced by your hate for Wulff (and some of the posters here) that you apparently can't make a rational interpretation. How can "showed zero improvement whatsoever...it was the same old same old" at the end of his question be interpreted as downplaying anything?

Anyone who reads that post and thinks "Wulff Lover!" should study up on reading comprehension and work on improving theirs.
I would say that going to Walden for anything close to an objective opinion on a Wulff team is essentially going to the oldest, crustiest Catholic priest in the neighborhood, and saying "tell me about atheism!"

He didn't go to get a real answer- he went to hear from someone who would talk about 28 fluke points being the cause of the blowout so he wouldn't get the sads.

No one cares about you, you aren't important, you get in the way of people who know what they are talking about.

I'll repeat, you are not important, no one cares about you.
I'm glad that you "don't care about me" so much as I am sure that is the reason 50% of your posts are in response to me.

Yaki feels differently, however.

He is obsessed with me and my brother to the point he has to post content from another site about a post I made 5 yrs ago.

Thank you for your 2 cents, though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT