ADVERTISEMENT

Walden on Airwaves of Spokane Bashing Leach Coaching

All the Wulff posts would dry up if people didn't spend 500 posts defending the worst coach in school history and close the book on the reality of what that era was.

All the Wulff posts would dry up if people didn't spend 500 posts defending the worst coach in school history and close the book on the reality of what that era was.
Or if you would quit attacking he who you named yourself after every day

You read emotion into so much, man. You get all worked up so that means when you're reading, you're reading in that worked up state. All the sudden, in your mind, everyone is shouting and yelling. Meanwhile, in reality, very few of us are worked up enough to cuss someone out. Just you Sponge.
You need to look in the mirror. You were calling me a loud mouth and flew off the handle because I thought Leach should be canned if he goes 3-9.

Not exactly a calm response. You went ape shit...and I wasn't even responding to you.

Last edited:
You need to look in the mirror. You were calling me a loud mouth and flew off the handle because I thought Leach should be canned if he goes 3-9.

Not exactly a calm response. You went ape shit...and I wasn't even responding to you.
Again, cussing people out… Do this with me… Say, "You're a loudmouth" but do it with a smile… It feels different that "ape", doesn't it?

CP...too funny. I had to look the term up. Do I have past clients who were devastated by the down turn in the market? Do I have clients that had a short sale? Do I have any clients that had their home foreclosed on? Is that the question, or do I have clients who were subprime and didn't qualify in the first place or negligence on my behalf?

Not sure the question. Are there people I know who sold subprime loans? Yep. Do I know the financial toll the loans Lehman, Bear Stearns, Countrywide had on so many people? Yep. Do I know unsuspecting people, like the teachers in Norway who had that crap bundled in their retirement funds? Yep. Do I know the toll that it had on the economy in general, and also the people in my industry who were as honest as the day is long? Yep.

That's a ton of skeletons! Haha!

And I didn't have to look that up ;)

Several friends and I went to Leavenworth the previous weekend. I brought cookie butter. It was delicious and a hit. Mmmmm!
Mmm_-_Homer_Simpson.gif

Reactions: wulffui
That's a ton of skeletons! Haha!

And I didn't have to look that up ;)
Well....if that was your question. No, there are zero foreclosures in my history. Short-sales. One. Client had his condo drop by 50% and his wife got pregnant with twins and he had to move and with the condo covenants would not allow him to rent out his unit, and he was more than happy to take a 500.00 a month loss to do so. There you have it. I have 2009's "depression" on my hands.

Funny, no talk of how the market is almost out of control, all the people who do not have cash to buy houses, and how many people retire off the housing market.

Correct. I get the expense. They run in the red all the time. Moos was privy to the negotiations. He knew what they were going to get, or at least the initial figure, and it was way more than enough to secure a coach.

Also, Floyd wanted Wulff gone. Is that really up for dispute. Even if Moos couldn't have found a backer for the short term, which he could have, there was another fund the President was going to allow him to dip into. This was told to me by someone on this board, who had a close friend very close to the situation.

Again, we can argue about the minutia all we want. Let's say he wanted Leach in 2010. He could have offered Leach a way under market salary for year one. Then He could have made up the difference in year two. He is a creative guy. You really think he couldn't figure a way if he didn't have a safety from the "rumored" Presidential fund?

In his own words he made the decision to retain Wulff. The million dollar question is why is that so hard to believe?

Our department has always run in the red. An extra three million for six months to a year would have been doable.

Cool story. If there was all this money laying around, why didn't Moos dole out some raises? You know, since he saw so much improvement.

Last edited:
Well, when someone accuses me and my brother of ruining the economy and making shady loans, I'm going to tell him to kiss my ass. Does that offend you?

Then don't read my posts(which you are obsessed with.)

Maybe take your own advice and take some Xanax for that...or perhaps some cookie butter.

From now on my go to insult is going to be "you shady loan maker!" That will make'em cry!

Ed, the cost of the buyout is only one part of the financial commitment in bringing in the new coach. Other parts include paying the new coach, paying the new assistants, paying the new non-coaching staff, and increasing the recruiting and operational budgets.

You are giving the poor little fella too many variables to toss around in his head. He's going to get confused again and say Leach loses because he spends too much time on his books.

A gif?!?

Clearly, you are possessed of otherworldly gypsy wisdom gained from a long Dungeons and dragons session to pull that off.
What can I say? I got skilz. Probably earned myself a beatin' down at My Office, but it was worth it.

Cool story. If there was all this money laying around, why didn't Moos dole out some raises? You know, since he saw so much improvement.
Why didn't he fire him because he had the money might be a better question. He saw enough to keep him around. Again, Moos kept him. He was on the committee that hired him. Why is that so hard to accept? If you think it was a bad choice, AD's make bad choices all the time.

Why didn't he fire him because he had the money might be a better question. He saw enough to keep him around. Again, Moos kept him. He was on the committee that hired him. Why is that so hard to accept? If you think it was a bad choice, AD's make bad choices all the time.

No, it's not a better question.

In looking for quotes by Walden about Price, I found this gem from a Brand X chat with Walden back in 2010:

MatriarchCoug: Coach, getting back to the recruiting after Price - how do you compare the athletes now being recruited by Wulff & co? Are they "Price" caliber?

Jim Walden: Absolutely. They much more resemble the athletes I saw that made up the '01, '02 and '03 teams.

Do I need to comment?

"The blowout came because we gave up 28 CHEAP POINTS..."

See, I'd been remembering the pain of the Wulff era... at the expense of forgetting the comedy.

See, I'd been remembering the pain of the Wulff era... at the expense of forgetting the comedy.

Walden's rants on the Furness and Puckett radio show were epic.

Just a pair of posters choking on their Wulffian little blue pills came close to a thousand posts in just a couple threads. Were they ever discharged from the emergency room?

Wullf's entire tenure as HC at WSU was nothing but comical..... Nothing about his ability to coach football, actually resembled football. Well, maybe flag or two hand touch?

In looking for quotes by Walden about Price, I found this gem from a Brand X chat with Walden back in 2010:

Do I need to comment?

Lots of classic Walden there. Constantly contradicting himself. A ridiculous number of adjectives are suppose to be convincing I guess. The last paragraph is priceless- don't say anything bad about the program! Five years later, guess what ole Jim is doing?

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Lots of classic Walden there. Constantly contradicting himself. A ridiculous number of adjectives are suppose to be convincing I guess.
I just remember that interview he did on KJR the year Wulff was let go....... What a meltdown of epic proportions.

Oh man, I'd forgotten about the mysterious illegal formation usage of the inverted wishbone. How can you stop that?

See the name of the brand x poster in this question/answer?

LongDuckDong1: Hello Coach...you said on Ian's show last week that the blow outs were over. The reason a lot of us are concerned is that while the offense showed glimmers of hope, the defense, which was supposed to be our strength, showed zero improvement whatsoever...it was the same old same old...any thoughts?

Jim Walden: The blowout came because we gave up 28 cheap points, the defense was handed a sack of you know what for 21 of those points. I agree with your assessment on the defense as far as the defensive line, they can play a lot better than that. A lot better. And the tackling will improve as thr defensive line gets better. I disagree with you on the secondary, I saw no drastic screw ups, and at some point what I saw was OSU make some plays and just beat us. But I think the secondary played reasonably well, the linebackers had some misses but they played better than you're giving them credit for. All of them can also play better, based on what I've seen in practice and from the first game.

It's one of the Bravado Brothers/Dumb and Dumber pair.

Just a pair of posters choking on their Wulffian little blue pills came close to a thousand posts in just a couple threads. Were they ever discharged from the emergency room?
Says the guy who collects crazy pay from the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT