ADVERTISEMENT

WDWHA

TrumpCoug

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2019
I knew we were about to get Bob Sugared. Stronger than oak..... my ass. Let's reel in the kid from New Mexico, he has higher upside and less drama.

Last edited:
Reactions: metprof
Every time I see something about that kid it reminds me of the old joke about Christian Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzchristian....

I knew we were about to get Bob Sugared. Stronger than oak..... my ass. Let's reel in the kid from New Mexico, he has higher upside and less drama.

Normally I'd agree with you but he's just a kid who got a chance to play with his older brother and in the end that was too hard to pass up. I can't really find too much fault with that. I don't really see it as a diss on WSU.

Normally I'd agree with you but he's just a kid who got a chance to play with his older brother and in the end that was too hard to pass up. I can't really find too much fault with that. I don't really see it as a diss on WSU.

Could really give two fitzs where shitz landed. Like i stated earlier...give me the kids who puts on their hard hat everyday and comes to work w/o the drama. Coaches probably glad they don't have to deal with the hat dancing, twitter bedazzled BS that so many of these recruits bring/brought to the table.

Reactions: Coug90
Could really give two fitzs where shitz landed. Like i stated earlier...give me the kids who puts on their hard hat everyday and comes to work w/o the drama. Coaches probably glad they don't have to deal with the hat dancing, twitter bedazzled BS that so many of these recruits bring/brought to the table.

The “look at me” hat party is dumb. Has the kid not had enough attention??? Seriously. Cause P5 kids haven't already scored 20 touchdowns in a season or made big tackles or had their chance to have everyone cheer for them. They need yet another bite at the attention apple. Good f8cking grief. Pick a school already.

Reactions: metprof and Coug90
That chance to play with his older brother was there before he had committed to WSU.

That chance to play with his older brother was there before he had committed to WSU.

I know but that doesn't mean it didn't weigh on his mind/heart the whole time. He was probably hearing constant pressure from family still too. On one hand, I don't like flakes and I don't like all the attention getting hat ceremonies etc but it's a kid who is trying to make a big life decision before his frontal lobe is even mature. I'm not gonna lose much sleep because some kid doesn't balance emotional with rational choices perfectly from the start. Good luck to him, now on to the next guy who really wants to be here....

I know but that doesn't mean it didn't weigh on his mind/heart the whole time. He was probably hearing constant pressure from family still too. On one hand, I don't like flakes and I don't like all the attention getting hat ceremonies etc but it's a kid who is trying to make a big life decision before his frontal lobe is even mature. I'm not gonna lose much sleep because some kid doesn't balance emotional with rational choices perfectly from the start. Good luck to him, now on to the next guy who really wants to be here....
When you do a good job evaluating players others are going to come calling. Every situation is a bit different but Max Borghi flipping from CU to WSU seemed to work out pretty well for us (obviously not flipping to Stanford as well). Isaiah Hodgins is considered by many to be the best receiver in the conference and we have managed alright without him.

Reactions: ATACFD
I don't get upset when players decommit. There are always other players. Fans get more upset than the coaches. I don't even get upset with players that have ceremonies. They are young and this is a big moment for them. Plus, they do get a lot of people talking in their ears as you said.

Reactions: ATACFD
When you do a good job evaluating players others are going to come calling. Every situation is a bit different but Max Borghi flipping from CU to WSU seemed to work out pretty well for us (obviously not flipping to Stanford as well). Isaiah Hodgins is considered by many to be the best receiver in the conference and we have managed alright without him.
I have more of a problem with the adults, the hypocrites who demand that their commits shut down their recruiting and say that they don't believe in going after recruits that are committed to other schools (cough cough Petersen).

This kid didn't even do a "hat dance". And even if he did...

The fan reaction to these things is about as tired as the hat dances themselves at this point. Yea, yea, "we want lunch pail kids who want to be Cougs".

receiver is one area where WSU wont really miss a beat, a good defensive player would hurt much more imo.

I don't think Leach will ever have a problem with getting good recievers.

The fan reaction to these things is about as tired as the hat dances themselves at this point. Yea, yea, "we want lunch pail kids who want to be Cougs".

We want guys that bring three lunch pails to work. Vintage lunch pails, that are perhaps handcrafted.

vintage-workmans-lunch-box-collection-set-of-3-6573

Reactions: taf88 and TrumpCoug

I don't care so much about the hat dance fanfare aspect, and I would be happy with getting both lunch pail and fanfare guys if they can play ball. However, I would like to see the kids take their time, make a thoughtful decision, and stick with it. The committing/decommitting crap gets old and wastes a lot of peoples' time, including theirs.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I don't care so much about the hat dance fanfare aspect, and I would be happy with getting both lunch pail and fanfare guys if they can play ball. However, I would like to see the kids take their time, make a thoughtful decision, and stick with it. The committing/decommitting crap gets old and wastes a lot of peoples' time, including theirs.

Naive to think the coaches aren't using leverage to fuel some of the early decisions.

Reactions: Observer11
Naive to think the coaches aren't using leverage to fuel some of the early decisions.

Exactly. "Better grab it, son. Only one spot left and there are two kids in California, another in Montana and one in Texas who are close to committing." Then a couple of months later the kid thinks, "Hey, actually I would rather go to X, Y or Z. Those spots are still open". Spur of the moment decisions are not always the best ones and I can understand a young man opting for something that fits him better after reconsideration. I would much rather have a decommitment than having the kid come to Pullman and then deciding that he had made the wrong choice.

I would rather see the kid bail on us in mid-October than mid-January. If he doesn't want to be at WSU.....we literally didn't want him anyway. Colorado had three kids enter the transfer portal this week. I'd rather not see that happen at WSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT