ADVERTISEMENT

Well…… NIL might have just hit a Big Ass roadblock

Collectives might hit a major snag if they are run by schools but if they are boosters clubs then these women have nothing to complain about.

As long as NIL is outside of the schools, Title IX does not apply, and this case will be quickly tossed.

Collectives might hit a major snag if they are run by schools but if they are boosters clubs then these women have nothing to complain about.
Isn’t still illegal to pay for play ? Can I give Mateer a wad of cash in a coffee cup ?

Reactions: earldacoug
Maybe the suit will end up being decided by the WA Supreme Court and even though the girls have no standing, they will receive a 27 trillion judgement in their favor.
Perhaps it’s best to keep those pac-12 assets intact juuuuuust in case there are aggrieved parties who have suffered damages.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
I’ll stop giving money to the Coug Collective or any NIL group for that matter, if I hear they are giving money to Women’s sports. This is all about football and possibly basketball to some extent. Women’s sports would not exist at WSU without football, and let’s stop pretending like they bring in any net positive revenue.

s
I’ll stop giving money to the Coug Collective or any NIL group for that matter, if I hear they are giving money to Women’s sports. This is all about football and possibly basketball to some extent. Women’s sports would not exist at WSU without football, and let’s stop pretending like they bring in any net positive revenue.
Sincerely,
The President of the He-Man Woman-Hater’s Club.

s

Sincerely,
His wording needs work, but I agree with his point. Name, image, and likeness pertains to specific players. If I donate $5k/year to the collective, I should be able to dictate to who and/or which program my money goes. If I want to make a general donation to the athletic department, I’ll give to the CAF.

s

Sincerely,
We have to get past the notion that an equal opportunity is defined by equal outcome. As much as I dislike NIL in general, it does have a market drive. Title 9 NIL, not so much. Give it a rest.

His wording needs work, but I agree with his point. Name, image, and likeness pertains to specific players. If I donate $5k/year to the collective, I should be able to dictate to who and/or which program my money goes. If I want to make a general donation to the athletic department, I’ll give to the CAF.
You already can designate where it goes. Half of my measly donation goes to basketball.

We have to get past the notion that an equal opportunity is defined by equal outcome. As much as I dislike NIL in general, it does have a market drive. Title 9 NIL, not so much. Give it a rest.
I actually agree with you - your bluntness just made me laugh as I can imagine some people getting offended by it.

Reactions: chugspig
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT