ADVERTISEMENT

Wells staying in draft

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Per Brand X article. Thinks he could be a high 1st rounder. So that puts that nail in the coffin. Only chance is if he is not rafted, and gets a shitty free agent offer and says no thanks, see ya in a year. Chance of that of course is slim, slightly higher than none.

Per Brand X article. Thinks he could be a high 1st rounder. So that puts that nail in the coffin. Only chance is if he is not rafted, and gets a shitty free agent offer and says no thanks, see ya in a year. Chance of that of course is slim, slightly higher than none.
I had to re-read the article to see if I had read it incorrectly. Wells said that he was being told late first round to second round. That he is hearing from some teams that he is a late first round pick is good. I hope both he and Jones get drafted.

Wells may think he is a high first rounder, but he will go top of 2nd round at very best, mid 2nd round at below average, lower 2nd round at average, last pick of 2nd round, undrafted Free Agent, that sign 2 way contract, at worst.

In any case, that was good enough to keep him in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT