ADVERTISEMENT

West coast politics will certainly kill "attended" fall and spring sports.

Was reading up on the Vitamin C cold remedy wives tail a year or so ago (basically it has zero effect on duration of cold symptoms) and found where Zinc had a very minor effect on reducing symptom longevity in clinical studies ...reduced a 14 day cold to 13 days or something along those lines. I stopped buying $18/bottle Zicam after that.

My daily vitamin has 100 percent of the recommended daily allowance of zinc. Not sure on whether there is some kind of synergy with the others.

The accountant at my kids school was on a ventilator and in a coma for 23 days A lot of underlying health issues. He is now at home recovering.

Taking the Z-pack and zinc alone would be beneficial without the hydroxy. Zinc makes it harder for a virus to replicate, and the Z-pack would treat bacterial infection in the lungs.
A couple of things.
Zinc has been hypothesized to limit activity of the rhinovirus - which causes the common cold. I know of only one quality placebo controlled blinded study and it shows no benefit vs placebo.
As far as azithromycin goes, Dr Rault Didier, the French Doctor who has been the biggest proponent of hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin claims antiviral activity by this antibiotic. I’m not buying. His published studies so far have been a joke bordering on fraud.
As far as pneumonia goes, we typically think of bacterial lung infections by bugs like Strept. pneumoniae but there can be other types of bacteria involved as well. Azithromycin can be used to treat pneumonia but it has shown generally poor results in bacterial eradication. There are better antibiotic choices.
That said this is a viral pneumonia and not bacterial so using an antibiotic is questionable unless you can demonstrate a secondary bacterial infection.

A couple of things.
Zinc has been hypothesized to limit activity of the rhinovirus - which causes the common cold. I know of only one quality placebo controlled blinded study and it shows no benefit vs placebo.
As far as azithromycin goes, Dr Rault Didier, the French Doctor who has been the biggest proponent of hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin claims antiviral activity by this antibiotic. I’m not buying. His published studies so far have been a joke bordering on fraud.
As far as pneumonia goes, we typically think of bacterial lung infections by bugs like Strept. pneumoniae but there can be other types of bacteria involved as well. Azithromycin can be used to treat pneumonia but it has shown generally poor results in bacterial eradication. There are better antibiotic choices.
That said this is a viral pneumonia and not bacterial so using an antibiotic is questionable unless you can demonstrate a secondary bacterial infection.

It worked for my mother in-law.

It worked for my mother in-law.
Or maybe it just seemed to work. It’s most likely she was getting better anyways. That’s precisely why science relies, ideally, on double-blinded randomized placebo-controlled trials - to best eliminate ( or validate if the opposite case may be) potentially erroneous anecdotal evidence and bias.

the hcq cocktail doesn't work until it works.....many drs are using it and having success...however, there are a couple at least new trials going on so soon we will have more info....this cocktail is NOT for those seriously sick enough to need ventilation....by then its too late...

now, why would big pharma diss on a cheap drug and push for new expensive drugs (remisdivir eg) or a brand new vaccine?...$$$$$ follow the money...

Or maybe it just seemed to work. It’s most likely she was getting better anyways. That’s precisely why science relies, ideally, on double-blinded randomized placebo-controlled trials - to best eliminate ( or validate if the opposite case may be) potentially erroneous anecdotal evidence and bias.

She wasn’t improving.

the hcq cocktail doesn't work until it works.....many drs are using it and having success...however, there are a couple at least new trials going on so soon we will have more info....this cocktail is NOT for those seriously sick enough to need ventilation....by then its too late...

now, why would big pharma diss on a cheap drug and push for new expensive drugs (remisdivir eg) or a brand new vaccine?...$$$$$ follow the money...
True, but the studies that find no benefit - or not enough benefit to offset the risks - are increasingly numerous, and they’re not all run by big pharma. The ones saying it works aren’t really studies...more like anecdotal reports.

She wasn’t improving.
How was she diagnosed? What were her symptoms? Her symptoms were gone the next day? As in it basically cured her in 1 day? That doesn’t sound very plausible. At least not how it’s stated. Her story is lacking information. And to drop a cliche, correlation does not equal causation. I am glad for her and your family that she got better but as it stands now the science isn’t showing promise for treating covid19 with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Their use, up to this point, has been driven by politics over science.

Last edited:

“... many Drs”? You mean like Dr Phil and Dr Oz?

millions of Hcq doses have been prescribed ,something like 5 million prescriptions written in the last few years for other reasons, and the drug has been around for about 80 yrs or so....

we do need double blind studies done and that is happening now...

How was she diagnosed? What were her symptoms? Her symptoms were gone the next day? As in it basically cured her in 1 day? That doesn’t sound very plausible. At least not how it’s stated. Her story is lacking information. And to drop a cliche, correlation does not equal causation. I am glad for her and your family that she got better but as it stands now the science isn’t showing promise for treating covid19 with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Their use, up to this point, has been driven by politics over science.

Seems like you've been able to diagnose her through your smartphone and by watching the evening news.

Diagnostic test, husband had already tested positive. Cough, low fever, tightness in chest. And yes, her symptoms were gone the next day. You can believe what you want. I will believe what actually occurred, whether it is anecdotal or not.

Reactions: Mitchf350

Suppose a drug does work on a small percentage of people (say 2%) but kills an equal or slightly larger percentage (say 3%) and has no effect on around 95% of the population. Would you recommend it for widespread us? Would you take it yourself? Just curious.

I wouldn’t take it because I don’t like the odds. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for widespread use based on gut feel or because it was recommended by some non-scientist knob on TV.

Seems like you've been able to diagnose her through your smartphone and by watching the evening news.

Diagnostic test, husband had already tested positive. Cough, low fever, tightness in chest. And yes, her symptoms were gone the next day. You can believe what you want. I will believe what actually occurred, whether it is anecdotal or not.
Diagnose? On a message board? Not in a million years.
Again, glad to hear she’s doing well but I’m highly skeptical of the role of hydroxychloroquine in her recovery.
At this point I’m not going to 100% dismiss hydroxychloroquine as having some benefit or more importantly benefit/risk but it’s up against the ropes after having its ass handed to it for 4+ rounds and Conor McGregor is closing in for the kill.

Diagnose? On a message board? Not in a million years.
Again, glad to hear she’s doing well but I’m highly skeptical of the role of hydroxychloroquine in her recovery.
At this point I’m not going to 100% dismiss hydroxychloroquine as having some benefit or more importantly benefit/risk but it’s up against the ropes after having its ass handed to it for 4+ rounds and Conor McGregor is closing in for the kill.

Are there cases where hydroxychloroquine wasn't dosed and people recovered the next day, and are there cases where it was dosed and people didn't get better ?

Is there harm in dosing it? Only if someone tries it at home as a vaccine and dies (Arizona). But like many things with this disease is we have very incomplete data.

Are there cases where hydroxychloroquine wasn't dosed and people recovered the next day, and are there cases where it was dosed and people didn't get better ?

Is there harm in dosing it? Only if someone tries it at home as a vaccine and dies (Arizona). But like many things with this disease is we have very incomplete data.

The person in Arizona ingested fish tank cleaner.

one more thing....Fauci was aware that hcq was helpful way back when we had Sars....sars is a coronavirus.....this was back in 2015......

Who gains politically from this drug being used? That might be the most assinine statement in this board yet.
Anecdotal evidence? Yes. Politics? No.

Just to make this crystal clear, I am not a physician, I am a drug pusher.
The major concern with hydroxychloroquine is cardiac related; specifically to do with what is called QT prolongation which can lead to a potentially fatal condition known as Torsades. QT prolongation can be caused by a number of drugs including azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine and is dose dependent (which is a concern in how prescribers may be dosing or people may be taking it to treat covid19). In my line we generally get excited when people are taking multiple QT prolonging drugs and/or have pre-existing cardiac/other issues that potentially prolong their QT. I would not expect this to be an issue with most people ( but then again people can have underlying conditions they are unaware of) except if someone is taking high doses of Hydroxychloroquine.
As far as people recovering the next day after starting their hydroxychloroquine treatment I am skeptical. People may be feeling a lot better the next day after starting their treatment but possibly they started it on day 9 of their illness and it has already pretty much run its course anyway. Who knows. Thats why we rely on science and not anecdotes.

Reactions: random soul
one more thing....Fauci was aware that hcq was helpful way back when we had Sars....sars is a coronavirus.....this was back in 2015......
It was a POTENTIAL treatment of SARS.

Besides... Fauci is working in conjunction with Globalists and Bill Gates to implant mind control tracking devices via vaccines. You have been warned.

Reactions: CougEd
It was a POTENTIAL treatment of SARS.

Besides... Fauci is working in conjunction with Globalists and Bill Gates to implant mind control tracking devices via vaccines. You have been warned.
The very same cabal responsible for putting bar codes on the backs of road signs to guide the black helicopters back in the 70s. Now mind control vaccines. There is no escape from the Matrix.

Who gains politically from this drug being used? That might be the most assinine statement in this board yet.
Who gains politically? Ask yourself why was the president pimping it endlessly? You think the stable genius came up with that on his own? Why were morons like Laura Ingraham lobbying The Dear Leader for its use and now she’s trying to get Dear Leader to pull the FDA warning? Why was moron Sean Hannity pimping it too? And why does this clown have direct access to Dear Leader? Who is Laura Ingraham anyways and exactly what are her qualifications and why is The Dear Leader entertaining her in the first place?
Did you just fall off the back of a turnip truck?

Who gains politically? Ask yourself why was the president pimping it endlessly? You think the stable genius came up with that on his own? Why were morons like Laura Ingraham lobbying The Dear Leader for its use and now she’s trying to get Dear Leader to pull the FDA warning? Why was moron Sean Hannity pimping it too? And why does this clown have direct access to Dear Leader? Who is Laura Ingraham anyways and exactly what are her qualifications and why is The Dear Leader entertaining her in the first place?

Obviously they get freaky in the back of the turnip truck, pee gets sprayed or Lysol injected.

Or maybe it works, at least for some people.

I did, so please explain it to me like I was five. I really interested in learning from the brightest bulb in the box.

Obviously they get freaky in the back of the turnip truck, pee gets sprayed or Lysol injected.

Or maybe it works, at least for some people.
Ingraham ain’t blinding The Dear Leader with science, so yeah, maybe something is getting sprayed when they get together.
If a quality study comes out and proves you right I’ll gladly own it.

I did, so please explain it to me like I was five. I really interested in learning from the brightest bulb in the box.
Oh I’m sure you’re correct in that there are absolutely no politic motivations involved whatsoever in pimping a drug with flimsy to no scientific evidence of efficacy during a major pandemic.
And I would never question Dear Leader’s motivations because I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free... God bless the USA!

Oh I’m sure you’re correct in that there are absolutely no politic motivations involved whatsoever in pimping a drug with flimsy to no scientific evidence of efficacy during a major pandemic.
And I would never question Dear Leader’s motivations because I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free... God bless the USA!
So you've got nothing. But we already knew that.

Well it has been stated that the hoax is politically driven to ruin the economy to get Trump out of the White House.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT