ADVERTISEMENT

West Wind Prep - Visits

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
According to tweets both Lyrik Shreiner and Nye Redding who both attend West Wind preps will be in next week for visits. Lyrik is a SG and Nye a PG.

I just watched parts of their championship game. Schreiner has a lot of promise but will have to make a big adjustment to the college game. He is not a one and done ,that is for sure. He tends to stand around a lot on defense as most HS ballers do. Their PG needs a lot of work as the game seemed helter skelter much of the time. The concepts of defense,effort, and teamwork will need to be addressed thats for sure Schreiner is long and has a long wing span and moves his feet fairly well on defense..The intensity and effort needed for college is a lot different from high school ball that's for sure. Both players need coaching and Ernie has the staff to make them much better players if they do come here. Thats interesting in if Holder commits ,then where would the extra scholarship come from if they are a together deal?

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
According to tweets both Lyrik Shreiner and Nye Redding who both attend West Wind preps will be in next week for visits. Lyrik is a SG and Nye a PG.
I spoke with Lyrik last night to talk about his visit plans and he tells me he isn't sure when he'll visit. There's more on the premium board, but I'm not sure how much interest there is with Lyrik right now both ways.

It's that time of year. I have been wondering with their needs if we would see more "attrition" before the year was out.

Evaluations of the 2 players from the Arizona Preps website:

Lyrik Shreiner ? A very athletic wing that can handle the basketball and is a great defender. He is a solid mid-major talent that shows flashes of high major ability. He attacks the basket and finishes above the rim. He is a great team guy and a true leader. He is an NCAA qualifier and any Division-I program that lands him will have a hard worker that will improve their team on both ends of the floor.
Nyaires Redding ? The son of a D-I coach and is a very athletic and strong wing. He is an outstanding ball handler and controls the tempo of the game. He averages 5.7 assists to every 1 turnover he makes. He is a mid-major player that has a high ceiling. He is a lock-down defender. The negative aspects of his game include his court vision; he tends to make the hard pass instead of the easy one. He is an NCAA qualifier and carries a 4.0 GPA.

Yeah i have read these descriptions but one only has to view the entire game to see they badly need good coaching.That said i hope they visit and consider WSU. There is an article on the Cincy board which states that it has come down to Cincy and WSU for Schreiners' signature.At this late date Kent and company are doing a great job of finding capable D1 prospects who can help a roster vitally needing better talent

This post was edited on 5/1 6:26 PM by ElComanche

We have been pretty light in the backcourt in terms of depth and talent so some competition at multiple positions would be good. I watched parts of the Championship for West Wind and it wasn't impressive. Still the other offers for both is a good sign at least for Schreiner.

Brand X reports that Nye Redding will make an official trip next week. It also reports that Schreiner may make the trip with him. The announcement comes from their coach .Good work 71.

Originally posted by ElComanche:
Brand X reports that Nye Redding will make an official trip next week. It also reports that Schreiner may make the trip with him. The announcement comes from their coach .Good work 71.
Shreiner won't be there.

This post was edited on 5/2 11:54 AM by Britton Ransford

Upon furthur consideration,i hope that Nye signs, He would certainly be better than Chauca. He also would now be a better PG than Schreiner who would indeed need a couple of years to adjust to being a PG. I am seeing that the pickings are getting slimmer by the day.I really like Davis and Cheatum. As for Nye he is unranked but reputed to average over 30 pts a game,that should mollify a certain poster who compares Kent's recruit with the past regimes' . I would think that his ( Nye) game may remind Kent of a certain player who had a lot of success at Oregon.

IMO true pg's coming out of high school are kind of rare, because if they are good enough to play D1 basketball they are often the first scoring option on a high school team

PS: "EL" nice to have you back involved in intelligent conversations!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT