ADVERTISEMENT

What about

Seem like he is rumored to be taking his second run at SAT this weekend? If so, grades may be a factor...possible gray-shirt?

Seem like he is rumored to be taking his second run at SAT this weekend? If so, grades may be a factor...possible gray-shirt?

I can't recall the details, but didn't the NCAA pass a rule a couple years ago that if a signed recruit fails to qualify for fall admission, they still count against a team's 25 total scholarship allotment? Hence, the school has them wait, hoping they qualify in January, and if they do not, they fill that slot with another student-athlete. Anyone out there with a better understanding of this?

I can't recall the details, but didn't the NCAA pass a rule a couple years ago that if a signed recruit fails to qualify for fall admission, they still count against a team's 25 total scholarship allotment? Hence, the school has them wait, hoping they qualify in January, and if they do not, they fill that slot with another student-athlete. Anyone out there with a better understanding of this?

Leach will replace him with another offensive linemen. It looks like the days of signing 18-20 kids a class, where you hope your top 2 signees make it in and only taking 1 offensive linemen are over with. The staff has gambled on a few grade risk and lost, but for the most part all the guys they sign get in.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

I remember there is a change, but I am wondering if it ends up being like the WR that we lost to USC ( couple years ago that just went nuts in the bowl game for them). He was basically offered a fall scholarship if memory serves, but the numbers still have to work as far as academics, and overall scholarships available. Seems that allowed them to count it in a different cycle or some junk? Don't recall the specifics though...

the big o lineman from Richland? Did he send in his LOI
I believe he's solid, with signing delay due to SATs taken this coming Saturday. I don't know him personally, but most RHS grads are men of their word. He'll make a great COUG - just need to get the necessary SAT score. His tweets indicate nothing other than GO COUGS

Unless I am wrong I believe that a prospect has to have passed the SAT prior to signing a LOI. As bigcat mentioned, Powell has yet to pass that hurdle. On a related note his grades are reportedly on the upswing.

Leach will replace him with another offensive linemen. It looks like the days of signing 18-20 kids a class, where you hope your top 2 signees make it in and only taking 1 offensive linemen are over with. The staff has gambled on a few grade risk and lost, but for the most part all the guys they sign get in.

Gives perspective on how terrible Coach T and staff were at recruiting. They'd sign 18 kids, lose 6 before fall camp even came, all while telling anyone and everyone that they know football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT