ADVERTISEMENT

What's the latest on Buffalo transfer QB Tyree Jackson?

It would be fascinating (and potentially gut wrenching) to see who's in the transfer portal.

Was wondering if there has been any leaks of any WSU players in there .

Somehow some reporters found out about a couple from Texas in there.

Not sure how long until some enterprising hacker breaks in. Also given all of the schools have access to it, a little surprising that there have not been more leaks.

As far as this Buffalo transfer, I'm not sure that it is something that Leach wants to get a habit of doing every year. Will eventually kill highschool recruiting . As long as the fans can tolerate it, the better plan is go through some growing pain with a younger player.

Reactions: rity and GrayOnGray
As far as this Buffalo transfer, I'm not sure that it is something that Leach wants to get a habit of doing every year. Will eventually kill highschool recruiting . As long as the fans can tolerate it, the better plan is go through some growing pain with a younger player.

I don’t agree with this at all. Any high school, high D1 QB prospect afraid of competition isn’t worth the scholarship offer. Where’s he gonna go in the P12 and not face serious competition? Shit, ASU is bringing in 3 highly rated QB prospects in this class alone.

Reactions: CrimsonDisciple
I don’t agree with this at all. Any high school, high D1 QB prospect afraid of competition isn’t worth the scholarship offer. Where’s he gonna go in the P12 and not face serious competition? Shit, ASU is bringing in 3 highly rated QB prospects in this class alone.

If we can get Tyree or Fields, we do it. The hype for next year if we got Tyree would be crazy. Our enemies would be whining all over the media about rent a QB’s and grad transfers not being able to get into their school due to their quarter system.....

The yellow flag in this article is the part where the author says :"But his accuracy is untrustworthy". Leach values accuracy a lot. It's the first thing he usually says he looks for.

He's even said "I think it's very difficult-to-impossible to take a guy that is not accurate and make him accurate. You can improve accuracy, but you can't take a guy -- at least that I've seen -- take a guy who is not accurate and make him accurate. People say 'this guy is big and fast and all you have to do is work on his accuracy.' I say 'good luck,' because I don't see that happening."

The yellow flag in this article is the part where the author says :"But his accuracy is untrustworthy". Leach values accuracy a lot. It's the first thing he usually says he looks for.

He's even said "I think it's very difficult-to-impossible to take a guy that is not accurate and make him accurate. You can improve accuracy, but you can't take a guy -- at least that I've seen -- take a guy who is not accurate and make him accurate. People say 'this guy is big and fast and all you have to do is work on his accuracy.' I say 'good luck,' because I don't see that happening."

Excellent point. Looking briefly at his completion percentage, it was really low.... that could be receivers (Minshew similar stats ECU), it could be offense, Leach will have to evaluate that. He also had a very high yards per completion stat (top 20), so he was throwing downfield, not to his RB’s. Very much a Khalil Tate type of player. If he can throw the short passes and manage an offense, we could use his athleticism.

Last edited:
Excellent point. Looking briefly at his completion percentage, it was really low.... that could be receivers (Minshew similar stats ECU), it could be offense, Leach will have to evaluate that. He also had a very high yards per completion stat (top 20), so he was throwing downfield, not to his RB’s. Very much a Khalil Tate type of player. If he can throw the short passes and manage an offense, we could use his athleticism.
That's a reason I was encouraging everyone to watch the Buffalo bowl game. Guy's a stud and his fellow draft picks aren't coming back this year.6-7 250 with wheels.

If we can get Tyree or Fields, we do it. The hype for next year if we got Tyree would be crazy. Our enemies would be whining all over the media about rent a QB’s and grad transfers not being able to get into their school due to their quarter system.....

Fields is going to tOSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT