ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the outlook for baseball this year?

Our first look will be on February 28th in Pullman against Nevada. The hard thing about this is the weather. If you can't make it to Pullman, our first P12N airing game will be March 16th in AZ (asu). Our first PAC game in Pullman will be March 29th.

I like some of the newbies. Brandon White has the body, and thus the leverage, to be a powerhouse on the mound. We shall see. Shafer the same. Has the body to really throw it, I think.

I've seen some stuff on AJ Block that is encouraging. He's a junior, lefty.

We have 2 seniors and a bunch of rs juniors and true juniors. We are young. But there is significant promise. With Lees kind of doing a bit of a "purge" that first year or 2, he's now filling in with his guys, much like what CML did. So right now, we are young. Last year, I liked what I saw on the field. They stayed even keeled, not too "down" when they lost, not to explosively happy when they won. They had some snap to their throws, they had confidence in their step, no matter what happened.

Sometimes they made plays that reminded me of my kid's old high school team but again, that goes to being so young. Another year of maturity does wonders between the ages of 18-22. We will do better this year. We were 16-33-1 last year. I see improvement. I'd like to say we could approach at 50% winning but baseball is so different than any other sport. It's much more mental. They have the physical skills, no doubt. Young but there.

It's that young mentality that can be either a boost or detriment. Recruiting has been good though.

Reactions: kougkurt
In a very less specific point: I think we're going to be STINGY on D. But we GOTTA get the bats going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT