ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s going to be the guest picker?

God Help Us if the first two are even a remote concept. Last thing we need is Inslee up there with the crowd behind him, boo'ing him. On national TV. Happened at the basketball game a couple years ago when it was the "Apple Cup" of basketball. Don't need that garbage on national TV. Lets keep politics out of this one, please.

And if Few got up there when it SHOULD be a WSU spotlight... I'd be so pissed. SO pissed.

So no objection to Martin Pang?

I don't trust Klay to pick the Cougs - he never seemed vested in the school and was here solely as a vehicle to get to where he's at now.

Clint Didier anyone?

I keed, I keed.

I don't trust Klay to pick the Cougs - he never seemed vested in the school and was here solely as a vehicle to get to where he's at now.

I don't feel that way about Klay. I feel like he's been a pretty Coug friendly alum.

Yeah Klay has been totally a good Coug. Don;t know where any other idea came from. Now have we hit him up for any money? Not that I am aware of.

The Producer of CGD has said they've pretty much locked this position down. He has mentioned it isn't necessarily a Cougar Alum. This could be VERY disappointing.

Bledsoe seems like the most obvious and gettable. Big name, huge NFL career and son on the team. No reason why he wouldn't be in Pullman this weekend.

Bledsoe seems like the most obvious and gettable. Big name, huge NFL career and son on the team. No reason why he wouldn't be in Pullman this weekend.
I have a feeling it will be someone from Eastern Washington but not necessarily an alumnus.

That said. Not sure if anyone has brought up Rypen or Hansen.

The Producer of CGD has said they've pretty much locked this position down. He has mentioned it isn't necessarily a Cougar Alum. This could be VERY disappointing.

Brand X ran an article stating ESPN came to WSU with a short list of people they'd want. From Brand X's sources (take that to be as credible as you wish), they were all Coug alum and mostly the names we've been discussing here.

I just don't know what "local" celeb would be compelling enough to pick. I mean, Craig T Nelson is no more famous than Drew Bledsoe. Probably less so, actually, unless Craig T Nelson has done something the last 20 years I'm forgetting.

I don't know, Chris Pratt maybe? Dave Matthews? Macklemore?

Brand X ran an article stating ESPN came to WSU with a short list of people they'd want. From Brand X's sources (take that to be as credible as you wish), they were all Coug alum and mostly the names we've been discussing here.

I just don't know what "local" celeb would be compelling enough to pick. I mean, Craig T Nelson is no more famous than Drew Bledsoe. Probably less so, actually, unless Craig T Nelson has done something the last 20 years I'm forgetting.

Voice for Mr. Incredible.

Manager of the creamery. He makes his picks while the crew is nose deep in huckleberry ripple grabbers.

Sir Mix-A-Lot performed in Pullman a few years ago ...

And, rumor has it that Chris Pratt was at a Pullman HS football game several weeks ago. Apparently he graduated HS with the Pullman football coach. Don't know if it's true.

I saw Steve Miller 3 times in college, once in Beasley. He told us during the concert that his wife at the time was a WSU alum. And at the Gorge he told us both times that the Gorge was his favorite venue. Why not him? His connection to WSU is stronger than Pratt, Matthews, or Macklemore. He's probably been to Pullman more times then the others combined.

And, rumor has it that Chris Pratt was at a Pullman HS football game several weeks ago. Apparently he graduated HS with the Pullman football coach. Don't know if it's true.

I saw Steve Miller 3 times in college, once in Beasley. He told us during the concert that his wife at the time was a WSU alum. And at the Gorge he told us both times that the Gorge was his favorite venue. Why not him? His connection to WSU is stronger than Pratt, Matthews, or Macklemore. He's probably been to Pullman more times then the others combined.

Just a thought crossing my mind- do you think Guest Pickers pay to be there? Or at least cover their own travel expenses?

Chris Pratt is a proud Lake Stevens Alum. He has done a lot for that area.

Maybe he could bring Jacob Eason with him

Last edited:

Someone mentioned Matthew McCaughnehey (sp). That kind of connection to coach, I can see that.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
Just a thought crossing my mind- do you think Guest Pickers pay to be there? Or at least cover their own travel expenses?

Fitting said they have somebody in mind already. They want an entertainer. It doesn't have to be somebody associated with the school directly. Didn't sound like it was going to be Leaf or a fellow alum like that. I mean The Chainsmokers were the celebrity pick last week and they got Katie Perry one time at Ole Miss. I really hope it isn't Andy Grammer. I could see it being Macklemore.

Fitting said they have somebody in mind already. They want an entertainer. It doesn't have to be somebody associated with the school directly. Didn't sound like it was going to be Leaf or a fellow alum like that. I mean The Chainsmokers were the celebrity pick last week and they got Katie Perry one time at Ole Miss. I really hope it isn't Andy Grammer. I could see it being Macklemore.
I can totally see Grammar. EDIT: and not in a good way.

I can totally see Grammar. EDIT: and not in a good way.

He's there for Dad's Weekend, I would find it hard to believe he'd jump back and forth.

I'm hoping it's Matthew McConaughey in a Coug shirt, if it's not WSU alum related. Get that man on a PJ to Pullman and have him in Coach's suite.

Yeah Klay has been totally a good Coug. Don;t know where any other idea came from. Now have we hit him up for any money? Not that I am aware of.
It came from my personal feelings about Klay, hence " I don't trust...", but I am in the minority with my feelings about him so I won't drag that up again.

leonardo-dicaprio-435.jpg

mystery solved

I mean, if you're not going to pick an alum, then who cares what their connection is to WSU? Steve Miller would be great, if your target market were 65 year olds.

I mean, if you're not going to pick an alum, then who cares what their connection is to WSU? Steve Miller would be great, if your target market were 65 year olds.
Yeah not sure that is the demographic....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT