ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s going to be the guest picker?

It will more than likely be a celeb with no super strong ties to the school. The recent guest pickers have been non alum. I mean, last week they had The Chainsmokers. During the Ole Miss visit, they had Katy Perry, and she has no ties to Ole Miss.

I mean, if you're not going to pick an alum, then who cares what their connection is to WSU? Steve Miller would be great, if your target market were 65 year olds.
You might be surprised. I was at WSU in the early '90s and the concerts were packed with youngins (me included). And my niece is in high school and has the Greatest Hits '74-'78 playing in her car.

But point taken. I think most of his audience now is in at least the 40+ demographic.

It's settled, guys.

CUEt58_UsAEks0y.jpg

If they’re not worried about ties to the school and just want entertaining people, then hell let’s have some fun with it: a wall of amps, the intro to Runnin’ With The Devil comes on cranked up to 11, and out walks Diamond David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen. I don’t care if you’re a millennial that’s never heard of em, that would get the place shakin’ for sure. It’ll never happen of course, but damn it would be fun.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
He doesn’t have to arrive on site until around 8:15, and the picker takes a Wheels Up charter flight. Assuming the charter can land at PUW (and I see no reason it can’t), Klay can take off around 6:00 am and arrive with time to spare.

The issue is This -
Even IF Klay wanted to, The Warriors would say NO.
This week is NBA opening week, they are at SLC the night before.
Just do not see GSW brass, and Kerr who is a total penis himself, agreeing to this and allowing Klay to take flights away from the team at 6am.

The issue is This -
Even IF Klay wanted to, The Warriors would say NO.
This week is NBA opening week, they are at SLC the night before.
Just do not see GSW brass, and Kerr who is a total penis himself, agreeing to this and allowing Klay to take flights away from the team at 6am.
Yeah it would really suck if the Warriors only outpaced everyone in the West by 15 games instead of 16. The regular season is a joke for the Warriors.

I mean, yea, we mentioned Klay 4 pages ago.

And I don't know why Steph would come, unless he really wants to spend more time with Klay.
As a favor to Klay. And not sure Davidson is the end all of football so maybe it would be something he would enjoy doing.

As a favor to Klay. And not sure Davidson is the end all of football so maybe it would be something he would enjoy doing.

Steph Curry is not flying to Pullman on his off day just to tag along with Klay Thompson.

And, if he were ever to be on Gameday, I assume it would be if they ever went to Cal, or one of the North Carolina schools. Or, at the very least, some city he happened to already be in.

Steph Curry is not flying to Pullman on his off day just to tag along with Klay Thompson.

And, if he were ever to be on Gameday, I assume it would be if they ever went to Cal, or one of the North Carolina schools. Or, at the very least, some city he happened to already be in.

This is the one advantage that little 'ol Pullman has. You can touch down at Pullman International and be at Gameday within 15 minutes (including 5 minutes of walking from however close you can get by car). Try that at muttlake, LA or just about any other school.

Super obscure fullback from the 70s doesn't exactly check the box for "national celebrity appeal" Gameday has said they want.
Really?

And here I thought the world was juuuuuuust pining for more hot Dan Doornik appearances. Man I'm dumb. Thanks for setting me straight.

Cant go wrong with Klay.....No offense to Drew....but to hs and college age kids........Klay has much more appeal.

Bledsoe would've been interesting in part because, he, Howard, and Herbie were all stars (using that word a little more loosely in Kirk's case) on their respective teams in 1991

I was thinking about it last night and realized that it wouldn’t likely be Bledsoe because they have their “wheels down” segment where the guest picker is landing at the airport. It’d be kind of stupid to pretend that they were flying Bledsoe in from Walla Walla.

Klay is a great choice. From a WSU standpoint much better than someone like the Chain Smokers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT