ADVERTISEMENT

Who is ignoring the Alabama-Clemson game? I am...

Didnt watch it last year and wont watch it this year. In fact none of the "playoff" games the last couple of years intrigued me. Until we have a true playoff system I wont be super interested.

It's not so much that I'm ignoring it. Mostly, I just don't care.

4 years of the same matchup is lame. I'm ready for someone new. It's been pretty clear this season that those two were the best teams, which is really part of the problem. They are 1-2 now, and they'll most likely be 1-2 after the game is over, so it doesn't really mean anything to anyone outside of Bama/Clemson.

My offseason has already started, and my Sling subscription runs out Sunday. I might watch EWU's shot at the title on Saturday, but I'm not going to pay another month to watch a game that doesn't matter.

Edit for NCW: I probably actually will watch Jeopardy instead. Because I'm awesome at it. What's wrong with that?

If I have nothing better to do, I'll watch it. But it's not on my calendar and I am not planning around it, like say a Coug game or Hawks game. I'd put the game just below Coug Hoops, and I have struggled through parts of 3 games of that.

The last three championship games have been worth watching.

I understand the sentiment, but these are clearly the two best teams in the country.
I’ll watch it. Sick of the same two teams though. Clemson was fun to root for until about last year. Other than the fact that it’s basketball this is why I hate the NBA. Same couple of teams every year. Boring.

In five minutes I can read what happened the next day and miss the super-bowlesque hype and glitz. Rather have four hours of my life to clean the garage.

This is what the CFP committee doesn't get. Having this pool of 8 teams made up of schools which were a big deal in 1965 (prestige schools) and a couple others they can't ignore this year, is not interesting to 75% of CFB fans, and to 98% of people on the street.

I just read that NFL viewership climbed this year... much as I hate Goodell, enforcing parity through caps and the draft (not his idea, I know) and using the rulebook to turn it into an exciting passing league has been great for the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT