ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your secret butt hurt miss that

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
we had a legit chance at signing. Mine is Cody Shear. Underrated with All_Pac 12 written all over him.

lamonte McDougle DT, he seemed to be the big tough NG,the cougs wanted and need.
My first thought was 'you can't miss what you never had' kind of thing but I liked McDougle and was hoping he would somehow come back into the fold...or 'join the hunt'. ;)

I think McDougle would be mine, but I will say I love our OL, but George Moore in addition would've been amazing.

My first thought was 'you can't miss what you never had' kind of thing but I liked McDougle and was hoping he would somehow come back into the fold...or 'join the hunt'. ;)

Yes, McDougle was definitely one I hoped would be among those who signed. At the same time, I like the idea of a 6-6 Hobbs and 6-5 Sanders and Rodgers growing into interior d-linemen. Some have forgotten that Rien Long came in as a 6-7 tight end who was probably 250 as a frosh. Leon Bender was a rangy 6-5, 235 pounder out of high school who played at 255 as a true sophomore (missed frosh year due to Prop 48).

Last edited:
I think McDougle would be mine, but I will say I love our OL, but George Moore in addition would've been amazing.

From the sounds of it the staff wanted a mid-year transfer and Moore couldn't get in and they didn't want to wait on him and they probably upgraded with Valencia anyways, but that won't stop the website to pump up players that sign with Oregon.

Wished the kid from Arkansas stuck, he seemed like a real athlete, that could have been an force on defense for us.

Yes, McDougle was definitely one I hoped would be among those who signed. At the same time, I like the idea of a 6-6 Hobbs and 6-5 Sanders and Rodgers growing into interior d-linemen. Some have forgotten that Rien Long came in as a 6-7 tight end who was probably 250 as a frosh. Leon Bender was a rangy 6-5, 235 pounder out of high school who played at 255 as a true sophomore (missed frosh year due to Prop 48).
Hobbs looks like a future DT. Rodgers could as well but I wonder whether Sanders has the frame. You never know though a few years out. Oguayo was on the signing day show and has put on 20 or 25 pounds already since coming to WSU. Not that Oguayo is a candidate for DT but players are going to grow.

The other thing you bring up is a guy like Rien Long. Wasn't he listed at about 288? Of course he had Williams/Tupai taking up space beside him but it's not like all DTs have to get to 300+ to produce.

Hobbs looks like a future DT. Rodgers could as well but I wonder whether Sanders has the frame. You never know though a few years out. Oguayo was on the signing day show and has put on 20 or 25 pounds already since coming to WSU. Not that Oguayo is a candidate for DT but players are going to grow.

The other thing you bring up is a guy like Rien Long. Wasn't he listed at about 288? Of course he had Williams/Tupai taking up space beside him but it's not like all DTs have to get to 300+ to produce.

Long ended up at 288 or so, but he came in much, much lighter. Tupai was big from the get go. Oguayo is staying at end.

Long ended up at 288 or so, but he came in much, much lighter. Tupai was big from the get go. Oguayo is staying at end.
Long was definitely in the 250 or 260 tops. What a get that was at the time. Hobbs fits in the Long profile. Not saying he will be as good but should find his way to the interior a couple years down the line.

Last edited:
Sanders may grow to about 250-260 coming off the edge.He does not seem to have the frame to grow into an interior lineman. The cougs have not had someone of his size,quickness and speed coming off the edge in quite some time. His videos are very impressive He seems to have an instinctive ability to react quickly as the play develops.

Sanders may grow to about 250-260 coming off the edge.He does not seem to have the frame to grow into an interior lineman. The cougs have not had someone of his size,quickness and speed coming off the edge in quite some time. His videos are very impressive He seems to have an instinctive ability to react quickly as the play develops.
I appreciate the fact that you care to watch film and form an opinion.

Sanders is listed as being 6'6 215 pds. However he has a 4.6 40,a 205 bench press, and squats 295 pds.So one can see that time in the weight room,good nutrition, and great training will transform his body. I think that both Sanders and OL Lucas will be absolute beasts in a couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT