ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin game tickets

From the land of sky blue waters? I remember those adds as a kid in the Midwest. Lucky Lager from Labatt’s brewing company.

Somebody mentioned Schlitz. It was actually pretty good according to my 19 year old palate.
Anyone drink Red Dog? You should be able to guess my class with that reference since that shit was only around for like 2 years.

From the land of sky blue waters? I remember those adds as a kid in the Midwest. Lucky Lager from Labatt’s brewing company.

Somebody mentioned Schlitz. It was actually pretty good according to my 19 year old palate.
I have a funny story about this. First of all, it wasn't Schilz. it was Hamm's. So I worked with a marketing guy who worked on the commercial with Doug McLure (RIP). Doug was in the Virginian for 9 years. Cannot find the actual commercial. Maybe some millennian from Gen X or Y or Z can find it.

So anyway, Doug McClure was hired to do the Hamm's "beer refreshing" commercial at some lake. They went to pick him up (LA or wherever) and his bag was clinking with bottles of booze.

So the day of the shoot, McClure could not summon enough whatever to do the shot. So they took him behind the trailer and gave him what I think were two shots. Then he went out and delivered his lines with no problem. I swear to Gawd - heard it from my former colleague who was there.

Anyone drink Red Dog? You should be able to guess my class with that reference since that shit was only around for like 2 years.
I liked that stuff for a while. Turns out that it hasn’t been completely discontinued, but I haven’t seen in stores in years. Found it on tap at a place in Redmond, Oregon in 2010-11, but either it had evolved or I had. Didn’t taste the same.

I liked that stuff for a while. Turns out that it hasn’t been completely discontinued, but I haven’t seen in stores in years. Found it on tap at a place in Redmond, Oregon in 2010-11, but either it had evolved or I had. Didn’t taste the same.
By my calculations that beer had been in that tap for at least 7 years. Makes sense cuz that’s about how many people wanted to drink it.

By my calculations that beer had been in that tap for at least 7 years. Makes sense cuz that’s about how many people wanted to drink it.
This has become a really fun thread. Kinder and gentler (drunkard) Cougs. Typed as I am between Coors Light swills. My poor liver.

This has become a really fun thread. Kinder and gentler (drunkard) Cougs. Typed as I am between Coors Light swills. My poor liver.
I just spent 6 hours digging my dock out (1st world problem). The ice cold Coors light I just pounded was one of the top 100 beers of my life and that’s saying a lot.

Last edited:
Red Wolf as well.... That stuff was around in like the mid 90's. Like 95-97ish. I remember decommissioning my first ship in San Diego 1995 being at the base bar and seeing those. It was decent from what I can recall.

Reactions: Coug90
Rancho Viejo?
Back in the 90's our 4 couples stopped in there after a game, and of course they were crowded. I step up to the hostess to see if we could get in. She asked me if we had reservations, and I replied "Yes, but we are thinking about eating here anyway"! My three buddies burst out laughing, the wives all looked embarrassed, and the comment totally went whizzing over the girl's head.

Still proud of that one to this day! :)

Everyone can make a comeback when nobody wants to drink bud light anymore!
Heh. Reminds of a cartoon I saw decades ago - might have been in Penthouse. Nurse brings in a Bud Light on a tray. Doc, doing some sort of butt inspection, goes "I told you to bring me a butt light!" I hate Bud Light. Bud is OK, but Bud Light is just barf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT