ADVERTISEMENT

WSU-Colorado Game thread?

BS Smith called timeout before foul, and BS refs call the foul and no timeout.

BS FCKING REFS. EITHER INCOMPETENCE, OR FIX WAS ON.

we rat F’d the end of the season. Should have had UW and this game too. Playing like ass. Oh yeah F these refs too.

we rat F’d the end of the season. Should have had UW and this game too. Playing like ass. Oh yeah F these refs too.
I've watched 2.5 games all season: ASU, the 1H against Montake f*cks, and tonight's. I really can't say I've been too all impressed.

It's great they're making the NCAA Tournament, but at this point, I'm seeing a one-and-done.

I've watched 2.5 games all season: ASU, the 1H against Montake f*cks, and tonight's. I really can't say I've been too all impressed.

It's great they're making the NCAA Tournament, but at this point, I'm seeing a one-and-done.
well, you said it: your sample size is small so stfu.

This team is really competitive at times. Smith needs to figure out how to get them back there again.

This team is really competitive at times. Smith needs to figure out how to get them back there again.
They played great against Stanford. We aren’t the kind of team that can have one of our best scorers go ice cold from the perimeter. If rice can’t shoot it makes us a helluva lot easier to defend.

After he missed a few I’d have loved to see watts get some minutes. He’s a better defender than rice too.
We can’t run the offense if we don’t have three guys that can shoot from the perimeter. In the second half they weren’t even closing out on rice they were letting him shoot wide open shots.

Did Jak even shoot the ball tonight?
ESPN box score says Jaki was 1-7, 1-4 from 3 point land. Could have sworn he hit 2 3's in the first half. His missed layups hurt. As did other missed bunnies by others.

Rice - 0-6 from 3. Newsflash dude, you suck at 3's. He hurt us this game. Bad. Needed more Cluff, and/but it was BS that the CO thug could just bull his way to the basket time after time. WTF? what exactly are the rules about that shit?

Too much dribbling by Rice, guys not catching and shooting, stupid turnovers. Yet we almost had it at the end before we Couged it. F-off to anyone who objects to the term. We Couged it.

However, it was a hard-fought game against a tough team. Nothing to be ashamed of except 21% from 3 and 57% from the line is not going to win many games.

ESPN box score says Jaki was 1-7, 1-4 from 3 point land. Could have sworn he hit 2 3's in the first half. His missed layups hurt. As did other missed bunnies by others.

Rice - 0-6 from 3. Newsflash dude, you suck at 3's. He hurt us this game. Bad. Needed more Cluff, and/but it was BS that the CO thug could just bull his way to the basket time after time. WTF? what exactly are the rules about that shit?

Too much dribbling by Rice, guys not catching and shooting, stupid turnovers. Yet we almost had it at the end before we Couged it. F-off to anyone who objects to the term. We Couged it.

However, it was a hard-fought game against a tough team. Nothing to be ashamed of except 21% from 3 and 57% from the line is not going to win many games.
well, he was in esteemed company. the entire team shot like garbage.

Yup, NO denying where this team is right now… headed to the NCAA Tournament!! 💥
Yeah you are correct. But Goddammit we were close. We could have taken the F-ing Ducks and won the thing and gone to Spokane. So happy that we are going to the Tourney of course, but we left so much on the table. Pac-12 regular season champs except we choked to the mutts. Shitty game again tonight.

I think, even going 3-3, and this semi bad game of turnovers, BAD OFFICIATING, there were some bright spots of almost winning, keeping game close, fighting, playing hard, semi good defense semi most of time, at times.

And I think there is about a 59% to 73% chance that WSU wins their first round match up in NCAA tourny. About a 39% to 49% chance WSU wins 2nd round if make it past first round of NCAA tourny. And about a 25% to 33% chance that win Sweet 16, if make Sweet 16. And about a 13% to 23% chance to win Elite 8, if make elite 8. And about a 5% to 10% chance to win a Final Four game, if make Final Four. And about a 1,2% chance to win Championship game if make that game.

Can WSU lose in the first round of NCAA tourny, yes they easily could, but I think it's more likely, probable that WSU at least wins first round.

And altho there is a chance that lose Smith, Rice, etc, there is a chance that Smith could stay for at least this next coming season, and a chance that Rice, Wells, Yesufu stay, have another year at WSU, and that even if not the core of Jim Shaw the assistant coach ultimate recruiting master, and Chinyelu, Cluff, Yesufu, Watts, Kymany, Darling, Spencer Mahoney, + whoever Smith or Jim Shaw bring in from transfer portal, or JC ranks, etc. is a pretty good team, that would RIP through WCC.

And if WSU keeps Smith, Rice, Wells, Yesufu, etc, WSU would not only RIP through WCC, as a pretty awesome good team, but could make a deep run in NCAA tourny next season.

There are silver linings to this loss, probably not everything will be semi doom, gloom, bad, etc, for WSU.

I'm not knocking the effort, they play really hard and as a team. I guess i just picked games to watch where the execution has been off.

24 wins is a great regular season achievement.

Reactions: Coug90
I think, even going 3-3, and this semi bad game of turnovers, BAD OFFICIATING, there were some bright spots of almost winning, keeping game close, fighting, playing hard, semi good defense semi most of time, at times.

And I think there is about a 59% to 73% chance that WSU wins their first round match up in NCAA tourny. About a 39% to 49% chance WSU wins 2nd round if make it past first round of NCAA tourny. And about a 25% to 33% chance that win Sweet 16, if make Sweet 16. And about a 13% to 23% chance to win Elite 8, if make elite 8. And about a 5% to 10% chance to win a Final Four game, if make Final Four. And about a 1,2% chance to win Championship game if make that game.

Can WSU lose in the first round of NCAA tourny, yes they easily could, but I think it's more likely, probable that WSU at least wins first round.

And altho there is a chance that lose Smith, Rice, etc, there is a chance that Smith could stay for at least this next coming season, and a chance that Rice, Wells, Yesufu stay, have another year at WSU, and that even if not the core of Jim Shaw the assistant coach ultimate recruiting master, and Chinyelu, Cluff, Yesufu, Watts, Kymany, Darling, Spencer Mahoney, + whoever Smith or Jim Shaw bring in from transfer portal, or JC ranks, etc. is a pretty good team, that would RIP through WCC.

And if WSU keeps Smith, Rice, Wells, Yesufu, etc, WSU would not only RIP through WCC, as a pretty awesome good team, but could make a deep run in NCAA tourny next season.

There are silver linings to this loss, probably not everything will be semi doom, gloom, bad, etc, for WSU.
The refs sucked again. But if we throw the ball away a couple less times, make a couple of the 4-5 layups that we missed, or rice can hit an open 3, we win. For how consistent this team was during the winning streak, they’ve been really inconsistent down this stretch.

The refs sucked again. But if we throw the ball away a couple less times, make a couple of the 4-5 layups that we missed, or rice can hit an open 3, we win. For how consistent this team was during the winning streak, they’ve been really inconsistent down this stretch.
Ugh. Luckily I did not drink myself into a stupor after the loss, and the sun came out this morning.

As always I go to the box score after a loss. This one is perplexing - how exactly did we lose? 2pt shot % 42 to 43%. 3pt actually better - 21 to 20%. rebounds? 37 to 29.

But, FT's - 4-7 vs 10-19. To's 19-12. Steals 5-9. But that's it. However, if you switched team names I would have said that's why we won by 6. Oh wait - points off turnovers 6 to 16.

Rice 0-6 from 3. He had a few great plays but hurt us bad by continuing to over dribble and chuck it up time and again. What's he about 0-22 in the last few games? Watts only got 0+ minutes? Cluff and Chinyelu 27 minutes COMBINED? Their beast played 29 minutes?

Oh well. Bracketology this AM has us in Memphis as a 6 seed against the play-in winner of Oklahoma and Virginia. You read that correctly. Virginnia, #3 in the ACC, a play-in 11 seed? Explain that one to me.

Ugh. Luckily I did not drink myself into a stupor after the loss, and the sun came out this morning.

As always I go to the box score after a loss. This one is perplexing - how exactly did we lose? 2pt shot % 42 to 43%. 3pt actually better - 21 to 20%. rebounds? 37 to 29.

But, FT's - 4-7 vs 10-19. To's 19-12. Steals 5-9. But that's it. However, if you switched team names I would have said that's why we won by 6. Oh wait - points off turnovers 6 to 16.

Rice 0-6 from 3. He had a few great plays but hurt us bad by continuing to over dribble and chuck it up time and again. What's he about 0-22 in the last few games? Watts only got 0+ minutes? Cluff and Chinyelu 27 minutes COMBINED? Their beast played 29 minutes?

Oh well. Bracketology this AM has us in Memphis as a 6 seed against the play-in winner of Oklahoma and Virginia. You read that correctly. Virginnia, #3 in the ACC, a play-in 11 seed? Explain that one to me.
Fck man... Memphis.

Guess I can pray for a miracle seeding in Spokane, but again the Cougs are going to have to pick and chose their miracles if what we saw last night is the team that's shows up next week.

19 turnovers is the easy answer.

Not picking on the guy, but Watts was in long enough to make two awful mistakes.....a bad turnover and a stupid foul that led to a basket and a free throw. Combined with his 3 fouls, 2 turnovers and scoreless effort in 8 minutes vs. Stanford, Smith probably correctly surmised that Watts is currently not playing well. That doesn't excuse the sloppy, bad shooting play of others (particularly Rice) but Houinsou was a better choice off the bench. And let me add that Isaiah Watts has been a very impressive freshman this year. His future is bright. I think he's one of those players who you can tell really early whether he's going to be a plus or a minus in a game.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT