ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ HALF-BREEDS - Special Edition APPLE CUP Game Thread***

At this point, WHAT IS THERE TO PROTECT having Luke Falk in? A 24-0 deficit?

At least Hilinski's high risk/high reward nature is better than Luke's sack-o-potatoes-surrender-to-the-sack strategy.
We have no chance to win with Falk.

We have a 5% chance with Hilinski.

I'll go with the 5%.

Reactions: ATACFD
All right. Hey CML, WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED?

I'm not saying Hilinski is fire. I'm saying Falk is a LOCK to lose us this game, and Hilinski is not.
Even if he was the defense has to pitch a shutout in the second half. Hands up from those who think that's going to happen?

Well a few things come to mind.
The defense doesn't do well when the offense can't score at all. (see Cal game)

Falk has to be taken out. The UW has had problems that have some running plays which includes a QB who can move. Falk isn't moving, he isn't handing off the ball enough and he is throwing into triple coverage.

Team needs a spark. Tyler needs at least one series to open things up a bit even if he gets intercepted.
24 -0 or 64-0 it's still a blowout

Again what is Falk offering that Hillinski can’t match? There is no reason not to make the change. Nothing.

Even if he was the defense has to pitch a shutout in the second half. Hands up from those who think that's going to happen?
What is the point? Luke's pitching snake-eyes and is turning it over 3x a half with a slew of sacks as well. Do we disagree that there is NO RISK in switching it up at QB?

Whoa...I didn't think you'd unleash it that much.

I'll take 9-3 records every season even if that means losing to the purple puppies.

Of course 9-3 is an excellent record but against this UW team a mobile QB has had more success and this keeps the defense off the field. There is nothing wrong with using your personnel to give you the best chance to win.
Some pitchers win against certain MLB teams. Some goalies post shutouts against NHL teams. Falk is just not a good matchup against a defense like the UW who can pressure with just 3 guys and he can't make them pay with by scrambling.

Who here is arguing against making a change?
This is in reference to your comment that you hear the Benny Hill music every time [Hilinski] runs on the field.

If the individual you actually meant to refer to is Luke Falk, your posts are next level confusing.

Hilinsky is a living Benny Hill skit at this stage, but if the whacky stuff works out in our favor it's better than another half of the mind-numbing, soul-crushing pain we just witnessed. And even if it's not, I can tell myself things will be better next year.

What's totally insane?

This 24-0 result at halftime is WSU's statement coming off a bye.

Powerful stuff, guys.

Yes i am glad that Falk is graduating. You guys wanted his sorry behind,. give him all the accolades. Say he is the greatest passer in coug history But please graduate falk,please graduate. He may have saved leach for the cougs. He is one sorry QB ,give him credit honor him,give him a plastic watch but let him graduate

Is Mike Leach still "evaluating" Luke Falk at this point? What else do we need to see to prove he can't get it done?

Is Mike Leach still "evaluating" Luke Falk at this point? What else do we need to see to prove he can't get it done?
The only conceivable reason to leave him in would be stability in the locker room. If it's gonna create issues going into the bowl game, etc. It's inexplicable from a game management perspective, so it's either a program management move that I'm dubious about, or Leach being stubborn

Huskies seem to be downshifting right now, happy to be up by 4 scores early in the 2nd half. Not really fighting through tackles like we saw early. We've got 'em RIGHT where we want them: ready for a Falk 3-and-out consisting of 2 sacks and a completion for 0 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT