ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ Utah - GAME THREAD***

Touchdown WSU
now up 20-10 and Falk has the TD passing record in the pac-12

Team needed that with 3 minutes left in the half.
Would be nice to go into the tunnel with a two score lead

After that roughness penalty, Utah fans actually sound like they have pitchforks and are en route to burn down some houses

Dumb play by Utah
They are hitting 10 yards on a number of pass plays and did a trick play to lose big yards.
Good on the Cougs to sniff it out.

hate the knee... Mike Leach is getting soft. Taking FGs on 4 and 1... running out clock with 35 seconds and 2 time outs...

hate the knee... Mike Leach is getting soft. Taking FGs on 4 and 1... running out clock with 35 seconds and 2 time outs...
That was actually the only decision I had a quibble with in the whole half, and with the 2nd half kickoff coming our way, I'm not too worked up about it. I'm more irritated with the offense overall. One play the line or running back blows a block, another play is a drop or, or, HORRID blocking on the screen passes. Seriously, that's one huge element of our offense that's been lousy this year because the new receivers don't block worth a damn compared to who we've had. Falk hasn't been that bad but he hasn't been Super Luke. The offense as a whole just looks clunky, and Morrow had what, 2 carries?

Utah has not won a game this season that they have been behind at the half. This is the most points the Cougars have scored on the road in the first half this season. The Cougars get the second half kick off. All positive things.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
If we had been backed up against our own end zone or without TOs... then I understand the knee. But we only needed to go 30-35 yards to get to the edge of Powell's range. And we had two TOs to work with.

If we had been backed up against our own end zone or without TOs... then I understand the knee. But we only needed to go 30-35 yards to get to the edge of Powell's range. And we had two TOs to work with.

I am guessing it was a few factors. Leach wanted to go into the locker room on a positive note. He trusts the defense. The only way in the short time left for Utah to score or have a positive feeling going into the half was for the Cougars to make a mistake or Utah to make an outstanding play. With the Cougars leading by 10 and getting the second half kickoff, why take the chance for Utah to feel great about themselves and for the Cougars to feel bad?

And, now we're back where we were at the end of the first. Thanks Erik Powell, but the offense keeps leaving points on the table. Makes me nervous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT