ADVERTISEMENT

WSU vs Drake

YouTubeTV has TRU. Not sure about Sling, but probably 1 of the packages has it.

Doesn't cbssports.com have all the games?

242 on dish network
I found and have it on Sprectrum cable. Ch 56.

Edit - women did not make it as expected. I think the Pac-12 got 6 teams in. Does women's BB have some "light" version of tournament credits and 6-year payouts?

Last edited:
I have Spectrum. Here in Pullman Tru is on 51 and TBS is on 56. Either way all games are on CBS or one of those 2. All games are also suppose to be on the CBS App and Paramount+ (subscription required).

I see Utah (only) got in the NIT. No mutts. On the women's side, WSU either did not get in or declined the invite. Mutts are in that one. Funny that the Men's NIT is 32 teams, the Women's is 48.

I found and have it on Sprectrum cable. Ch 56.

Edit - women did not make it as expected. I think the Pac-12 got 6 teams in. Does women's BB have some "light" version of tournament credits and 6-year payouts?
Women are the #1 seed in the WBI

I heard HBO MAX has the Turner networks.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
sportsurge dot net

gotta usually click the play triangle 3 times before the stream will start wo a pop-up. beware of adult ads. but in the absence of another alternative this will suffice
I use Sportsurge at times and then use Air Play to watch on tv. This works for most pro sports and some NCAA. Correct about the ads

Reactions: mister noon
TruTV is an American basic cable channel owned by Warner Bros. Discovery. The channel primarily broadcasts comedy, docusoaps and reality shows, as well as sports programming produced by TNT Sports. Wikipedia
Parent organizations: Turner Broadcasting System, Warner Bros. Discovery
Service(s): Sling TV, YouTube TV, Hulu, DirecTV Stream, DISH Network 242
Founder: Steven Brill
Founded: January 1, 2008, United States
Headquarters: Atlanta, GA

Yay, my FREE basic Direct TV, that wrapped, part of my Apt rent, has the TRU channel and the WSU, Drake game.

Usually my Direct TV usually does not get these games.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Yay, my FREE basic Direct TV, that wrapped, part of my Apt rent, has the TRU channel and the WSU, Drake game.

Usually my Direct TV usually does not get these games.
Hey Mike,

Not too fast. Direct TV Stream is not DirecTV. You may want to check your Channel Guide in your DirecTV. Two totally different platforms. Im anxious to hear your findings?

Ordered tickets through the university. Hope we get a pair and that they don't suck too bad. Omaha is a little over a four and a half hour drive from home.
5 hours from me but I have an early Friday morning appointment I can't miss and I don't drive at night anymore if I don't have to. However, should the Cougs beat Drake, I will see about heading to Omaha on Saturday. Rooting for my home state Jackrabbits against Iowa State, but probably to no avail.

Glad Cougar

It appears the WBIT (NCAA owned) picks before the WNIT. Miami was the #1 seed, but declined.
Huh. New tourney this year, "sponsored and funded by the NCAA". The articel sez that it brings men's and women's NCAA-sponsored events/teams to 100 each. So the Men's NIT is now under the NCAA - this is a recent change is it not? I believe in the day the participants had to foot much of the bill.

And how do the women then afford a 48 team NIT?

We have a couple of ties to Drake. Obviously Carlos Rosario. CKS said he hoped Carlos wouldn't sell us out too much. Also Matt Woodley. He was an assistant here under Tony. He graduated from and coached at Drake. He's currently an assistant at Wake Forest.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Got the email confirmation that we received lower level tickets. Given that my CAF ranking is mediocre (barely in the Top 25%}, we were expecting to miss out. So, happy to get them but a tiny bit disappointed that the fan support is light enough that we did.

I’m excited about one really kind of lame thing. I’ve never been to Iowa and we are going to stay in Council Bluffs so I’ll check off #35 on my list of states that I’ve visited.

Hope the Cougs make it worth the roughly 10 hour round trip!

Got the email confirmation that we received lower level tickets. Given that my CAF ranking is mediocre (barely in the Top 25%}, we were expecting to miss out. So, happy to get them but a tiny bit disappointed that the fan support is light enough that we did.

I’m excited about one really kind of lame thing. I’ve never been to Iowa and we are going to stay in Council Bluffs so I’ll check off #35 on my list of states that I’ve visited.

Give Iowa a try!

Treat yourself and try a Runza while you are in Council Bluffs. I think there's a Runza Restaurant on the main drag in Council Bluffs that you take across the river into Omaha (Broadway?). And I know you are going there to watch basketball, but if you stay long enough, the Omaha Zoo is one of the world's best.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Treat yourself and try a Runza while you are in Council Bluffs. I think there's a Runza Restaurant on the main drag in Council Bluffs that you take across the river into Omaha (Broadway?). And I know you are going there to watch basketball, but if you stay long enough, the Omaha Zoo is one of the world's best.

Glad Cougar

We are probably going to the zoo on Friday if we win on Thursday. I'll have to try a Runza.

Reactions: Glad Cougar
I dunno man looking at Drakes “resume”. Not so scary. They’ve played nobody. They got spanked by Stephen f Austin. Barely beat Evansville, barely beat UIC, got beat handily by northern Iowa. Their biggest win was to a bubble team that didn’t make it. If we play our game we should dispatch them pretty easily. We are by far the best team they will have played this season. Of course if we shoot it like we did against UW, they could beat us by 20.

I would be seriously insulted if I saw that they were favored to win with that Charmin ultra soft schedule. Hopefully we come out with a chip and run them out of the gym.

Drake will do what they do best. And so will we. Ultimately, we win because we control the boards. What I don't know is how closely the refs will call the game. The PAC tourney situation had almost no charging called. You could put a bulldozer on the floor and simply shove the defender out of the way underneath without a whistle. On the other hand, it is also possible that the refs may actually take defensive position into account. Although we are not a Colorado-type team that really wants the free for all reffing, my guess is that we would benefit the more loosely they call the game in the paint. So whether we simply control the boards, or actually have a significant scoring advantage in the paint, remains to be seen. But I think the two team's perimeter players will essentially cancel out. I think we both have power forwards who were among the best in our respective leagues. But we have depth underneath and a very good rebounding team. I think we win a close one. I'm thinking we lead by 4 with a minute or so left and end up shooting free throws to win 72-65.

I dunno man looking at Drakes “resume”. Not so scary. They’ve played nobody. They got spanked by Stephen f Austin. Barely beat Evansville, barely beat UIC, got beat handily by northern Iowa. Their biggest win was to a bubble team that didn’t make it. If we play our game we should dispatch them pretty easily. We are by far the best team they will have played this season. Of course if we shoot it like we did against UW, they could beat us by 20.

I would be seriously insulted if I saw that they were favored to win with that Charmin ultra soft schedule. Hopefully we come out with a chip and run them out of the gym.

I'm not "scared" of Drake...but they knocked off Nevada, who finished 26-7 and is the #10 seed in the NCAA West Region.

I'm not "scared" of Drake...but they knocked off Nevada, who finished 26-7 and is the #10 seed in the NCAA West Region.
Feel like if both teams play their best we win by double digits. Of course that’s not how anything works and who knows what to expect from our Jekyll and Hyde crew 🤷.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Feel like if both teams play their best we win by double digits. Of course that’s not how anything works and who knows what to expect from our Jekyll and Hyde crew 🤷.
Can I just say how tired I've grown of any men's WSU team being "Jekyll & Hyde". Its tough as a fan knowing your team that just played like world beaters is just as likely to crap the bed against a team they should beat.

Can I just say how tired I've grown of any men's WSU team being "Jekyll & Hyde". Its tough as a fan knowing your team that just played like world beaters is just as likely to crap the bed against a team they should beat.
There is an easy cure. Stop being a fan and following them. Maybe you liked it better during the Graham and Kent years when they were consistently just Hyde.

• Haha
Reactions: Coug90
Hey Mik,

Reposting my question. No surprises for you tonight.

You understand that Direct TV Stream is not DirecTV? You may want to check your DirecTV Channel Guide because these are totally different platforms.

Hey Mik,

Reposting my question. No surprises for you tonight.

You understand that Direct TV Stream is not DirecTV? You may want to check your DirecTV Channel Guide because these are totally different platforms.
Or…free 10 day trial of YouTube TV. Gets you through the first two rounds, and guessing Tru TV is not a destination for anything sweet 16 and beyond.

Or…free 10 day trial of YouTube TV. Gets you through the first two rounds, and guessing Tru TV is not a destination for anything sweet 16 and beyond.
I would do this option. Plus as mentioned above, the multi-view to watch four games at once. No action missed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT