ADVERTISEMENT

Do you see Jeff Tuel taking on a linebacker here?

I was right. You were wrong, mainly because you made stuff up. Lacking facts, you say dumb shit about people's usernames and football experience, that have nothing to do with the discussion. And you'll defend Wulff at any cost, to the point that you have to ignore centuries old medical science.

This has been an OVERWHELMINGLY consistent pattern in ALL (seriously, I can't say a word without you or your brother wanting to chat me up) the conversations you've tried, and ALWAYS FAILED to outwit me in, but it's woefully inept- downright Wulffian, one might say.

I won. You lost. Like Wulff would have.
If that is what you want to tell yourself. You have several people on here telling you that you are reaching and just looking for something to whine about.

And I agree with them which is why I am defending Wulff on this.

And yes, I will continue to point out your user name since you bash the genesis of your username all day ever day. Its psychotic...or maybe you just had the flu.

If that is what you want to tell yourself. You have several people on here telling you that you are reaching and just looking for something to whine about.

And I agree with them which is why I am defending Wulff on this.

And yes, I will continue to point out your user name since you bash the genesis of your username all day ever day. Its psychotic...or maybe you just had the flu.
Yes, I noticed the like for the single person not related to you who kind of agreed with your point of view. EVERYONE else thought video proof you were wrong would shut you up, but maybe it's doctored! Doesn't mean you didn't choose to lie rather than admit you were wrong, which you did, because you were.

I was right. You were wrong.

Yes, I noticed the like for the single person not related to you who kind of agreed with your point of view. EVERYONE else thought video proof you were wrong would shut you up, but maybe it's doctored! Doesn't mean you didn't choose to lie rather than admit you were wrong, which you did, because you were.

I was right. You were wrong.
You sound like a petulant child for gods sake.

You, and everyone else thought he took on a linebacker. You were complaining it was Wulff's fault he took on a linebacker.

Everyone on here blamed the flu for his injury. Now the video shows that it was a freak accident.

Yet you still want to blame Wulff Wulffui...and the flu.

4 years. 6 QBS knocked out of games with an injury. The coach is to blame for that.

4 years. 6 QBS knocked out of games with an injury. The coach is to blame for that.
better start blaming Leach, then...because his record so far isn't much better.

And if the beating that Falk took against ASU is any indication, Bender better be prepared.

A bunch of dumb things! There's no such thing as the flu! He took on a LB! HE TOOK ON A LB! HE TOOK ON A LB! I just went with the narrative I made up, just because video evidence proves me wrong doesn't mean I'm... wait...

Whatever man, I'm just going to assume you're making stuff up. Stalk on, nutty.

better start blaming Leach, then...because his record so far isn't much better.

And if the beating that Falk took against ASU is any indication, Bender better be prepared.
2 in 3 is actually WAY better than 6 in 4. Second grade math says nearly three times better.

Whatever man, I'm just going to assume you're making stuff up. Stalk on, nutty.
Speaking of making stuff up, the whole flu doesn't exist line is one of the things you are making up.

Me or my brother can't go 5 minutes without you on one of your posts.

Everyone on this board thought he took on a linebacker because no one saw the game unless they made the trip that day... and many, including you thought that the flu caused him to do it.

So take your he's lying or making stuff up msg board conspiracy theory and proceed to fit it down your pie hole.

His injury had nothing to do with Wulff or the flu...and no amount of your rolling on the floor kicking and screaming will make it so.

He looked like crap on that play because he had the flu, and shouldn't have gotten put in with a QB already dominating. By the idiot coach you defended by denying the symptoms of the flu and making up a play that I asked you to prove and you ignored. Because you have to be there every time someone criticizes Wulff.

I'm good, though, and don't need to say more- the video does it all for me, along with a "healthy Tuel scrambles" highlight reel I saw.

Only Wulff. On like eight different levels.

He looked like crap on that play because he had the flu, and shouldn't have gotten put in with a QB already dominating. By the idiot coach you defended by denying the symptoms of the flu and making up a play that I asked you to prove and you ignored. Because you have to be there every time someone criticizes Wulff.

I'm good, though, and don't need to say more- the video does it all for me, along with a "healthy Tuel scrambles" highlight reel I saw.

If he looked like crap on the scramble that gained yardage why did it make a highlight reel?

He looked faster in that video than he ever did in 2012.

I only defend him when you attack him all day every day.

Strange obsession you have...attacking someone all day every day that you named yourself after.

THIS Jeff Tuel didn't have the flu. Check out the play at 3:39, and a play that came against better competition...

That's just reality, though. I mean, certainly there's some, other, made up, unverifiable truth that makes Wulff look good.

But "everyone" spouted the same "he took a LB on" drivel until this video surfaced (and do we even know THIS was the play in which he was hurt? haha). The truth is, only in small minds did this drivel bounce back and forth. Of course, one could always produce evidence (a series of posts, perhaps) to back up the claim. Otherwise, this "take on" is simply this...

Reactions: wulffui
But "everyone" spouted the same "he took a LB on" drivel until this video surfaced (and do we even know THIS was the play in which he was hurt? haha). The truth is, only in small minds did this drivel bounce back and forth. Of course, one could always produce evidence (a series of posts, perhaps) to back up the claim. Otherwise, this "take on" is simply this...
This is Ed and Sponge's first A-ha moment. And yeah, the "that might not even be the play!" hope. Nope, it is, and you're a moron all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: YakiCoug
You're an idiot Wulffui. Anyone who names himself after the worst coach in our history...and then bashes him all day every day is a F'ing idiot. But you already knew that.

And everyone said he took on a lb. That's been the narrative the whole time. If you knew he didn't take on a linebacker, why not say anything? Because you thought he took on a linebacker too.

This is another pie chart masterpiece.

THIS Jeff Tuel didn't have the flu. Check out the play at 3:39, and a play that came against better competition...
This was just a great clip to watch. Thanks for the memories. Pole will live forever, won't he? Didn't get to the end zone but what a way to take the wind out of the Mutt sails.

The capper was really Wulff's comments about how much better the season would have gone with Tuel. Obviously the guy was trying to save her s job. But it was just so stupid. Besides the fact that Lobbestael and Halliday played pretty damn good during their time, it was like Wulff lacked the awareness to realize that there was no reason to put Tuel on the field, since (after the fact anyway) he was so precious to the season.

What irritated me more than that was Lobbestael talking about how much better the team would be with Tuel. I mean, I get it, you're the backup QB and trying to be a good teammate, but jeez man, have some confidence in yourself. That whole team seemed to take on the excuse making persona of their head coach. It was irritating.

If he looked like crap on the scramble that gained yardage why did it make a highlight reel?

Strange obsession you have...attacking someone all day every day that you named yourself after.

Yea, he didn't look obviously slower in the ISU clip to me. At least to the point I don't think he should not have been playing. Again, this whole thread is a pretty big reach.

It's really too bad Tuel has been so closely linked to Wulff. Tuel seemed like a stand up guy, led an epic AC comeback, and had a cup of coffee in the NFL. In the end though, he's just kind of remembered as Wulff's golden boy who didn't really do much.

Last edited:
Yea, he didn't look obviously slower in the ISU clip to me. At least to the point I don't think he should have been playing. Again, this whole thread is a pretty big reach.

It's really too bad Tuel has been so closely linked to Wulff. Tuel seemed like a stand up guy, led an epic AC comeback, and had a cup of coffee in the NFL. In the end though, he's just kind of remembered as Wulff's golden boy who didn't really do much.
Meh, I watched the clock on that play compared to a few of his other scrambles, and he was 1-2 seconds slower to the sideline, and didn't look as explosive(especially given all that "just into the game adrenaline") , but agree to disagree, and that's that.

It's become more about someone making stuff up rather than admitting they're wrong, then when confronted with iron clad evidence, making more wrong stuff up.

I'll put this out there, on why they put that in the reel. Just an editor's perspective here. First off, we can all agree, finding highlights might be hard for this time period in WSU football. So right there, your bin of clips is limited. But also, when you edit this kind of stuff, you are a slave to the music. When the music takes a downturn, what do you do? Put something up that's exciting when the music isn't?! No. You find something appropriate to the music, not something contradictory. And IMHO, this was an attempt to show grit. I don't know that it was affective because if you didn't know he broke a bone there, it wouldn't make sense. But for those that do know, it made sense. Just my .02 worth. IMHO, I would have found a celebration clip, slow mo'ed it (as the music slows down), I envision an LB standing over someone celebrating, kinda thing…. but now it's starting to sound like I'm criticizing a fellow editor. I'm not. But a little perspective on, "… why did it make a highlight reel?".

Meh, I watched the clock on that play compared to a few of his other scrambles, and he was 1-2 seconds slower to the sideline, and didn't look as explosive(especially given all that "just into the game adrenaline") , but agree to disagree, and that's that.

It's become more about someone making stuff up rather than admitting they're wrong, then when confronted with iron clad evidence, making more wrong stuff up.

He was rolling out and looking for a receiver. He tucks and starts running at about the 20 and picks up about 10 yards from that point till he's OB. He only ran for about 2 seconds.

Not sure how we can gather a lot from that one play. If you think he looked sluggish, then ok, I guess. It didn't seem like a play where his true athleticism would be on display either way.

It was a fluke injury that could have occurred were he sick or not. Not something I'm going to blame Wulff for. Of course, I also don't think the injury had a huge impact on the season anyway.

He was rolling out and looking for a receiver. He tucks and starts running at about the 20 and picks up about 10 yards from that point till he's OB. He only ran for about 2 seconds.

Not sure how we can gather a lot from that one play. If you think he looked sluggish, then ok, I guess. It didn't seem like a play where his true athleticism would be on display either way.

It was a fluke injury that could have occurred were he sick or not. Not something I'm going to blame Wulff for. Of course, I also don't think the injury had a huge impact on the season anyway.
Yeah, in hindsight, Wulff probably would have been best served, as a whole, just installing ML as a freshman in 2008 and letting Tuel RS for two years separation between them. Of course, then you'd have needed to keep them upright...

It wasn't that egregious, but it was so typically Wulff. There were about a dozen different reasons not to put that guy, in that scenario, into the game, because you can see more harm than good, but Wulff rolled the dice, and they came up "harm" as they often did for him. No, I don't think it massively affected the season, either- Lobbestael's 2011 was the best stat line any Wulff QB put up.

Yeah, in hindsight, Wulff probably would have been best served, as a whole, just installing ML as a freshman in 2008 and letting Tuel RS for two years separation between them. Of course, then you'd have needed to keep them upright...

It wasn't that egregious, but it was so typically Wulff. There were about a dozen different reasons not to put that guy, in that scenario, into the game, because you can see more harm than good, but Wulff rolled the dice, and they came up "harm" as they often did for him. No, I don't think it massively affected the season, either- Lobbestael's 2011 was the best stat line any Wulff QB put up.

Vegas loves it when Wulff comes to town.

When I put up the AC clip, I did so to illustrate how much more alert and nimble Tuel was against superior athletes. That particular play represents some of the best QB play at WSU in a long, long time, and Tuel should be acknowledged for it. To evade that kind of heat and find an open receiver was impressive. He had a wide open receiver in the right flat in the play against Idaho State. Lintz was a good three yards away from a stumbling defender; only a fool can't see this in the video, but Tuel didn't throw the ball. Healthy and alert, he likely makes that throw, but he didn't and an FCS linebacker catches and tackles him after he gets out of bounds. But replaying what happened at that particular point misses THE POINT: he never should have been in the game.

Last edited:
When I put up the AC clip, I did so to illustrate how much more alert and nimble Tuel was against superior athletes. That particular play represents some of the best QB play at WSU in a long, long time, and Tuel should be acknowledged for it. To evade that kind of heat and find an open receiver was impressive. He had a wide open receiver in the right flat in the play against Idaho State, but he didn't throw the ball, and an FCS linebacker caught and tackled him after he got out of bounds. But replaying what happened at that particular point misses THE POINT: he never should have been in the game.
Actually, if you "WATCHED the tape you would see his first read was to the receiver on a slant, It was covered and he did not throw it because it was covered. Thus he was cognizant enough not to get it picked. His second option was the wide open TE on the flat route. Why didn't he throw it? Because the TE didn't get his head around time. When Tuel was ready to throw it Winston was set probably a little to close for what Tuel felt comfortable, so he got outside the pocket, and about 8 yards from the sideline he was still looking for an open receiver, and it looks like he even motioned with his left hand for the receiver to scramble from his current spot. Thus he was not on full sprint to run the ball. And the other thing he didn't do? Is get out of bounds at the 12 or 11.

Actually, if you "WATCHED the tape you would see his first read was to the receiver on a slant, It was covered and he did not throw it because it was covered. Thus he was cognizant enough not to get it picked. His second option was the wide open TE on the flat route. Why didn't he throw it? Because the TE didn't get his head around time. When Tuel was ready to throw it Winston was set probably a little to close for what Tuel felt comfortable, so he got outside the pocket, and about 8 yards from the sideline he was still looking for an open receiver, and it looks like he even motioned with his left hand for the receiver to scramble from his current spot. Thus he was not on full sprint to run the ball. And the other thing he didn't do? Is get out of bounds at the 12 or 11.
He also didn't take anyone on. Or look good on that play, no matter what kind of imaginary definition you try applying to it.

He also didn't take anyone on. Or look good on that play, no matter what kind of imaginary definition you try applying to it.
Ok...how about this to be simplified. "Taking on" means taking a hit. I will be more than happy to amend this for you. He should have got out of bounds before taking ANY contact. There is a reason for example of the slide rule. They want to protect the qb from taking any hits. It has been the point all the time that he needed to step out of bounds before any contact.

Ok...how about this to be simplified. "Taking on" means taking a hit. I will be more than happy to amend this for you. He should have got out of bounds before taking ANY contact. There is a reason for example of the slide rule. They want to protect the qb from taking any hits. It has been the point all the time that he needed to step out of bounds before any contact.
No, the point has been you don't pull a healthy, hot player to put in a lame, (looked like it to me) unhealthy player in. The subsequent injury is the inevitable cherry atop that crap sundae of a decision. You've made it into a Tuel issue because your brain refuses to compute that on a bigger level, it's a Wulff issue.

I also refuse to accept your new and improved definition of "taking on". That's not what it is under ANY stretch of the imagination, and it's certainly not what you expected it you be when you were jumping up and down shouting about it.

Last edited:
No, the point has been you don't pull a healthy, hot player to put in a lame, (looked like it to me) unhealthy player in. The subsequent injury is the inevitable cherry atop that crap sundae of a decision. You've made it into a Tuel issue because your brain refuses to compute that on a bigger level, it's a Wulff issue.
Actually my brain works on a football level. Similar decisions other coaches make. Urban Meyer, probably the best coach in the country played a sick player who was throwing up. The kid had the flu and caught 8 passes, one TD in after puking on the field. Like Fab, I refuse to blame it on the coach. The player made a stupid decision not getting out of bounds. Coaches don't view 14-0 as a game that is won. They don't view the first game of the season as a time where you rest your starters. They view it as a place to get momentum.

Actually my brain works on a football level. Similar decisions other coaches make. Rum.
It's ironic that you keep referring to "similar decisions other coaches make", but when pressed, you know none who came in when they WEREN'T cleared to start the game.

Do you need a new definition for similar, like with taking on?

similar- two very different things that are alike because they share one trait

Ex: My apple is red. So is that fire truck. So you can see they're very similar.

It's ironic that you keep referring to "similar decisions other coaches make", but when pressed, you know none who came in when they WEREN'T cleared to start the game.

Do you need a new definition for similar, like with taking on?

similar- two very different things that are alike because they share one trait

Ex: My apple is red. So is that fire truck. So you can see they're very similar.
I did give you one. Without digging around, Marshawn Lynch. Let me rephrase, they simply waited until he was done puking.

I did give you one. Without digging around, Marshawn Lynch.
Marshawn Lynch isn't Jeff Tuel. If you really think they're similar... I'd find new "coach friends".

And you dug like crazy. Finding Riley Cooper a week and a half into your argument proves as much. But you didn't find what would have made your point, because my point was the right one- only Coach Wulff.

Marshawn Lynch isn't Jeff Tuel. If you really think they're similar... I'd find new "coach friends".

And you dug like crazy. Finding Riley Cooper a week and a half into your argument proves as much. But you didn't find what would have made your point, because my point was the right one- only Coach Wulff.
It was a week and 1/2 into the argument because I didn't look. I gave you riley Cooper in a blowout is playing sick, with the flu. He was coached by Meyers. Meyers didn't pull him after 14-0 and say we have this 6 minutes into the game. He played the entire first half sick. And why is Lynch different. I know they play a different position, but what is that different?

It was a week and 1/2 into the argument because I didn't look. I gave you riley Cooper in a blowout is playing sick, with the flu. He was coached by Meyers. Meyers didn't pull him after 14-0 and say we have this 6 minutes into the game. He played the entire first half sick. And why is Lynch different. I know they play a different position, but what is that different?
Lynch was on the sideline to start the game, Tuel STILL getting treatment. Lynch is one of the most durable football players ever, Jeff Tuel... isn't. Tuel's backup was performing at a very high level. The Tuel in that video? Well below that level.

Meyer pulling him? Why- he was healthy enough to start. The only subset pertinent to this one is "players too sick to start who came into a game". Not "healthy players", in any stripe. Not guys "cleared to start with the flu". And you've got an all-time legend- mainly for his durability- and Jeff Tuel.

It was an awful coaching decision for about a dozen reasons. And the results bore that out.

Lynch was on the sideline to start the game, Tuel STILL getting treatment. Lynch is one of the most durable football players ever, Jeff Tuel... isn't. Tuel's backup was performing at a very high level. The Tuel in that video? Well below that level.

Meyer pulling him? Why- he was healthy enough to start. The only subset pertinent to this one is "players too sick to start who came into a game". Not "healthy players", in any stripe. Not guys "cleared to start with the flu". And you've got an all-time legend- mainly for his durability- and Jeff Tuel.

It was an awful coaching decision for about a dozen reasons. And the results bore that out.
Lynch did not have the flu. He felt fine before the game. As usual in his pregame ritual, he ate some Skittles. But, it upset his stomach, he threw up. Then, he felt fine.

Lynch did not have the flu. He felt fine before the game. As usual in his pregame ritual, he ate some Skittles. But, it upset his stomach, he threw up. Then, he felt fine.
So, move the counter back to zero, then. Thanks!

So, move the counter back to zero, then. Thanks!
Yes, back to zero. By the way, throwing up before games for professional athletes is not uncommon. Getting nauseous before a game is fairly common, as many players do get nervous before a game. Heck, I never threw up, but there were times in high school that I would feel sick until the whistle blew.

Yes, back to zero. By the way, throwing up before games for professional athletes is not uncommon. Getting nauseous before a game is fairly common, as many players do get nervous before a game. Heck, I never threw up, but there were times in high school that I would feel sick until the whistle blew.
Oh no, I'm well aware of that kind of ill, too, and wouldn't have been a discussion if that were the case. But that doesn't seem to have been his issue. Maybe he's was just loaded down with all the adrenaline.

Oh no, I'm well aware of that kind of ill, too, and wouldn't have been a discussion if that were the case. But that doesn't seem to have been his issue. Maybe he's was just loaded down with all the adrenaline.

I can understand why Tuel's impaired state hindered him from making the throw on that play, but what hinders observers' eyesight that they can't see Byers (edited) getting and staying open long enough to catch a pass? He probably would have scored. He was sooooooo open. Helen Keller says no, however. Actually, the real Helen Keller would have the balls to say she was wrong. So, I apologize for insulting Helen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT