ADVERTISEMENT

Do you see Jeff Tuel taking on a linebacker here?

Lynch was on the sideline to start the game, Tuel STILL getting treatment. Lynch is one of the most durable football players ever, Jeff Tuel... isn't. Tuel's backup was performing at a very high level. The Tuel in that video? Well below that level.

Meyer pulling him? Why- he was healthy enough to start. The only subset pertinent to this one is "players too sick to start who came into a game". Not "healthy players", in any stripe. Not guys "cleared to start with the flu". And you've got an all-time legend- mainly for his durability- and Jeff Tuel.

It was an awful coaching decision for about a dozen reasons. And the results bore that out.
So that I understand this correctly, the
Lynch was on the sideline to start the game, Tuel STILL getting treatment. Lynch is one of the most durable football players ever, Jeff Tuel... isn't. Tuel's backup was performing at a very high level. The Tuel in that video? Well below that level.

Meyer pulling him? Why- he was healthy enough to start. The only subset pertinent to this one is "players too sick to start who came into a game". Not "healthy players", in any stripe. Not guys "cleared to start with the flu". And you've got an all-time legend- mainly for his durability- and Jeff Tuel.

It was an awful coaching decision for about a dozen reasons. And the results bore that out.
But he was sick and had the flu. You get it, right. HE had those same "symptoms" that caused Tuel to virtually black out,get groggy, and not go out of bounds at the 12

So that I understand this correctly, the

But he was sick and had the flu. You get it, right. HE had those same "symptoms" that caused Tuel to virtually black out,get groggy, and not go out of bounds at the 12
Except he wasn't, as explained above. Keep at it, though!

Back to zero.

Except he wasn't, as explained above. Keep at it, though!

Back to zero.
I can understand why Tuel's impaired state hindered him from making the throw on that play, but what hinders observers' eyesight that they can't see Lintz getting and staying open long enough to catch a pass? He probably would have scored. He was sooooooo open. Helen Keller says no, however.
Speaking of Helen Keller, even she could see Lintz on the left side blocking. It was Byers, and not keith, clearly the slant was the initial read. When Tuel went back to Byers, he started one step to get out of the pocket because he could tell the RT just lost his man, his feet weren't in the position to get the ball to Byers, so he escaped and got nailed at the 10. All stuff people who are suffering from the flu do, including waving a receiver to vacate an area.

Lynch did not have the flu. He felt fine before the game. As usual in his pregame ritual, he ate some Skittles. But, it upset his stomach, he threw up. Then, he felt fine.
um… whut? This is getting incredibly bad. I don't get what is going on, here. Ed, just stop… I'm not trying to berate you, not trying to put you down, but you gotta stop this stuff, man. This is not healthy.

um… whut? This is getting incredibly bad. I don't get what is going on, here. Ed, just stop… I'm not trying to berate you, not trying to put you down, but you gotta stop this stuff, man. This is not healthy.

Why...what's unhealthy. Wulffui and others want to blame a coach for what a QB learns in QB 101. You want to act like the flu got him. Players play with the flu all the time. Kids are sick and dehydrated all the time. I gave the example of Riley Cooper playing with the flu, puking, and Urban Meyers kept him in the game against Charleston S, in a 62-7 blowout which he puked then caught a TD. Only in Pullman does a Qb get dazed after entering the game, calling the correct play, bailing on the pocket because he knew his rt lost leverage, and he at the 15 was waving to his receiver to scramble. Somewhere between the 15 and the 10 he lost his senses and didn't do what Luke Falk did as a freshman, stay out of harms way. You get how laughable that is in the coaching community?

I can understand why Tuel's impaired state hindered him from making the throw on that play, but what hinders observers' eyesight that they can't see Byers (edited) getting and staying open long enough to catch a pass? He probably would have scored. He was sooooooo open. Helen Keller says no, however. Actually, the real Helen Keller would have the balls to say she was wrong. So, I apologize for insulting Helen.
Wrong about what? His first read was the slant. You can look right at it. The safety jumped that route, and he came off that receiver, and to look to the right, and Byers was open. Look at his footwork, Winston set to shallow and Tuel's feet were not set then he was cognizant to know the RT lost their leverage.

It is really simple. The flu had zip to do with him making the wrong decision not to get out of bounds.

Wrong about what? His first read was the slant. You can look right at it. The safety jumped that route, and he came off that receiver, and to look to the right, and Byers was open. Look at his footwork, Winston set to shallow and Tuel's feet were not set then he was cognizant to know the RT lost their leverage.

It is really simple. The flu had zip to do with him making the wrong decision not to get out of bounds.
Or the coach who put a player who wasn't as healthy (or competent, that day) in to get injured. Two different perspectives, I guess. Terrible coaching decision either way.

Speaking of eliciting laughter from coaches, you road test that new "taking on" definition yet?

Reactions: YakiCoug
Or the coach who put a player who wasn't as healthy (or competent, that day) in to get injured. Two different perspectives, I guess. Terrible coaching decision either way.

Speaking of eliciting laughter from coaches, you road test that new "taking on" definition yet?

Rather than admit the error in claiming Tuel took on a linebacker (he didn't) and that he didn't get out of bounds (he did), the pursuit of the aPaulogetic narrative continues ad nauseam. In Tuel's career, I have seen him make that throw so many times and under far more pressure from defenses far superior to what he faced on the play v. Idaho State. So when he fails to get the ball to an open receiver in the right flat (there is absolutely no denying the receiver is open), he rolls out. Eventually he tries to get a couple extra yards and slides low, left shoulder down, out of bounds. Another tackler (not the linebacker pursuing from behind, you know, the one famously described as the LB Tuel took on) flies by without touching Tuel. Had he done so, flags would have flown. Why? Because he was out of bounds.

Terrible coaching? Nope.... As Ed has pointed out (and refused to answer me), Wulff never had a choice. The med staff cleared Tuel, so at that point the decision was out of Wulff's hands.

Reactions: wulffui
Terrible coaching? Nope.... As Ed has pointed out (and refused to answer me), Wulff never had a choice. The med staff cleared Tuel, so at that point the decision was out of Wulff's hands.

And the med staff ordered Wulff to tell his QB to run dive plays only in the 69-0 loss to USC, so the quarterback wouldn't get hurt.

Why...what's unhealthy. Wulffui and others want to blame a coach for what a QB learns in QB 101. You want to act like the flu got him. Players play with the flu all the time. Kids are sick and dehydrated all the time. I gave the example of Riley Cooper playing with the flu, puking, and Urban Meyers kept him in the game against Charleston S, in a 62-7 blowout which he puked then caught a TD. Only in Pullman does a Qb get dazed after entering the game, calling the correct play, bailing on the pocket because he knew his rt lost leverage, and he at the 15 was waving to his receiver to scramble. Somewhere between the 15 and the 10 he lost his senses and didn't do what Luke Falk did as a freshman, stay out of harms way. You get how laughable that is in the coaching community?
1. Remember, I'm not in your fight over coach fault. But Teul did not "take on" an LB. That was wrong. Sponge, with your support, fought that and fought that until video proof came out. Then you guys worked on the definition of what "take on" was. Spin.
2. You say that a player was so injured, he hardly played at all. In reality, he missed his Soph. season and started/played in every game his frosh, junior and Senior years.
3. You're memory regarding the "hands up to the face" thing was amazingly bad. But it was the basis for an argument for you.
3. You continually stated that the investigative firm regarding the Leach Beach and freezing temperatures, did not talk to Drake. They did.

But you go on and on about how these things are true without any basis but your memory. And more visually, you and your brother will make these such emphasis points, threads go on and on… over fiction. Your memory has not been good, in any way, shape or form. That is not healthy.

Reactions: YakiCoug
1. Remember, I'm not in your fight over coach fault. But Teul did not "take on" an LB. That was wrong. Sponge, with your support, fought that and fought that until video proof came out. Then you guys worked on the definition of what "take on" was. Spin.
2. You say that a player was so injured, he hardly played at all. In reality, he missed his Soph. season and started/played in every game his frosh, junior and Senior years.
3. You're memory regarding the "hands up to the face" thing was amazingly bad. But it was the basis for an argument for you.
3. You continually stated that the investigative firm regarding the Leach Beach and freezing temperatures, did not talk to Drake. They did.

But you go on and on about how these things are true without any basis but your memory. And more visually, you and your brother will make these such emphasis points, threads go on and on… over fiction. Your memory has not been good, in any way, shape or form. That is not healthy.

The basic description of what Husky fans do....

NOT saying Ed is a husky, not at all.

What's so laughable is that Fluui and the Flu Crew, despite being shown repeatedly that coaches like Urban Meyer don't overlook lesser competition and play their starters with the flu,
insist that we can overlook the likes of Idaho State because we've won SOO many games!

And because we've won so many games, we can now afford to take a week off, overlook our opponents, chalk the game up as an automatic W, and not give our starters precious live reps!

I'm glad that we have reached a point that even though the best coaches in the country don't overlook their lesser competition and take away a players reps due to the flu, that we now have the luxury of doing so!!

I'm certain Dawg-a-Tron will come up with some kind of pie chart here.

I swear, only on this board. Your flu medication is in the mail.

Last edited:
What's so laughable is that Fluui and the Flu Crew, despite being shown repeatedly that coaches like Urban Meyer don't overlook lesser competition and play their starters with the flu,
insist that we can overlook the likes of Idaho State because we've won SOO many games!

And because we've won so many games, we can now afford to take a week off, overlook our opponents, chalk the game up as an automatic W, and not give our starters precious live reps.

I'm glad that we have reached a point that even though the best coaches in the country don't overlook their lesser competition and take away a players reps due to the flu, that we now have the luxury of doing so!!

I'm certain Dawg-a-Tron will come up with some kind of pie chart here.

I swear, only on this board. Your flu medication is in the mail.
Nope, Wulff needed to go balls out against ISU, convince your types that the right way was coming. No way a Wulff team could beat a bad FCS team without his too sick to start the game QB, right? You know, that you've found ZERO precedent for?

I thought he took on a linebacker- you only said it fifty times. So I'm going to assume whatever else you said is just made up.

Nope, Wulff needed to go balls out against ISU, convince your types that the right way was coming. No way a Wulff team could beat a bad FCS team without his too sick to start the game QB, right? You know, that you've found ZERO precedent for?

I thought he took on a linebacker- you only said it fifty times. So I'm going to assume whatever else you said is just made up.
Keep on flying the Flu flag, Fluui.

Everyone thought he took on a linebacker,because, as I said, the game wasn't on tv...but feel free to continue to make like dgibbons and argue minutiae.

Still doesn't change the fact that the flu had nothing to do with his injury no matter how bad you want it to.

Everyone thought he took on a linebacker,because, as I said, the game wasn't on tv.

Still doesn't change the fact that the flu had nothing to do with his injury no matter how bad you want it to.
ONLY YOU making stuff up (I asked you to show the THUNDEROUS LB hit, and you ignored me... can't imagine why.) doesn't change a terrible coaching decision only ever confirmed by a single Wulff, to injure his less than healthy QB. You can deny all you want, the video actually proves you are wrong.

Rodgers, Lopina, Tuel, Halliday, Lobbestael, many multiple times injured.

But you are the only one thinking the HC's decision making isn't the root source of the problem?

Everyone thought he took on a linebacker,because, as I said, the game wasn't on tv...but feel free to continue to make like dgibbons and argue minutiae.

I guess the new definition of minutiae is "when one of the brothers is insanely wrong about something."

Reactions: wulffui
ONLY YOU making stuff up (I asked you to show the THUNDEROUS LB hit, and you ignored me... can't imagine why.) doesn't change a terrible coaching decision only ever confirmed by a single Wulff, to injure his less than healthy QB. You can deny all you want, the video actually proves you are wrong.

I guess the new definition of minutiae is "when one of the brothers is insanely wrong about something."

The funny thing about the video clip that slams the door shut on the idiocy that raged here for weeks is that I had seen highlights of the Idaho State game before - as in just a few days after it was played. When I watched it again, it reminded me of thinking, "How was he injured?" No one really hit him, unless you count the LB in pursuit falling down behind Tuel as he goes low, left shoulder down, and slides out of bounds.
In a sense, it's great that people forgot about the video evidence, particularly those who've made themselves look like fools here. Exposure can be a good thing, unless it's this ...
Wb_xphhAVg.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT