ADVERTISEMENT

Have a happy 4th everyone!

Little bit of push in that model 94 with a 44 Mag?

I've been looking at either a Henry or Marlin lever in a 357 for plinking. I grew up with Marlins and like how the scope mounts better than with the Winchesters, but the Henry looks like a slightly slicker Winchester.

Anybody on the board have experience with either one?

The Winchester hardly kicks at all. It's definitely the best gun that I have. Crazy accurate and just a blast to shoot. It's been in my family for nearly 50 years now. It was a gift to my grandfather in the 70's, went to my dad 20 years ago when my grandfather passed away and it went to me when my dad passed away in 2016. My brother-in-law has 50+ guns and always offers to buy my Winchester whenever I bring it up to shoot.

As far as Henry vs. Marlin.....I've always preferred Henry. My dad had always planned on getting a Henry Golden Boy 22 Magnum for true plinking. I may buy one sometime just because of that.

The Winchester hardly kicks at all. It's definitely the best gun that I have. Crazy accurate and just a blast to shoot. It's been in my family for nearly 50 years now. It was a gift to my grandfather in the 70's, went to my dad 20 years ago when my grandfather passed away and it went to me when my dad passed away in 2016. My brother-in-law has 50+ guns and always offers to buy my Winchester whenever I bring it up to shoot.

As far as Henry vs. Marlin.....I've always preferred Henry. My dad had always planned on getting a Henry Golden Boy 22 Magnum for true plinking. I may buy one sometime just because of that.
So should we turn this into a gun thread?

I'll start = I have 5 guns. 9mm Ruger pistol, 15 shot clip plus a second one. It is a sweet gun. 22 Ruger Semi auto pistol, 9 shots and 3 clips. Quite accurate. Worthless illicit .380 auto with a 7 shot clip. Beyond about 5 feet, it is horribly inaccurate. .22 Auto rifle with a "barrel?" magazine. Sawed off 20 gauge shotgun, pretty proud of that. cut off the barrel and stock myself. Kept it legal though - 18 inch barrel. Great home defense weapon. Nothing quite compares to the sound of racking a shotgun shell.

Used to have 9 - let's see, the old bat got my 12 gauge, my varmint rifle (a 5.56?), and 2 other .22 rifles. I kinda want her to give me the 12 gauge and varmint rifle.

I'll start = I have 5 guns. 9mm Ruger pistol, 15 shot clip plus a second one. It is a sweet gun. 22 Ruger Semi auto pistol, 9 shots and 3 clips. Quite accurate. Worthless illicit .380 auto with a 7 shot clip. Beyond about 5 feet, it is horribly inaccurate. .22 Auto rifle with a "barrel?" magazine. Sawed off 20 gauge shotgun, pretty proud of that. cut off the barrel and stock myself. Kept it legal though - 18 inch barrel. Great home defense weapon. Nothing quite compares to the sound of racking a shotgun shell.

Used to have 9 - let's see, the old bat got my 12 gauge, my varmint rifle (a 5.56?), and 2 other .22 rifles. I kinda want her to give me the 12 gauge and varmint rifle.
I have a 9 iron, a variety of aluminum baseball bats and a couple cans of bear spray.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

Bushmaster M4 Patrolman's Carbine (5.56)
Winchester Model 94 Lever Action (44 magnum)
Zastava MP 22 Bolt Action (22 magnum)
knockoff Remington 870 pump shotgun (12 gauge)
Kmart Special semi-auto rifle (22LR)
Springfield XD9 handgun (9mm) 16+1

Wish List: Springfield Socom 16 CQB, conceal carry 9 mm TBD

Bushmaster M4 Patrolman's Carbine (5.56)
Winchester Model 94 Lever Action (44 magnum)
Zastava MP 22 Bolt Action (22 magnum)
knockoff Remington 870 pump shotgun (12 gauge)
Kmart Special semi-auto rifle (22LR)
Springfield XD9 handgun (9mm) 16+1

Wish List: Springfield Socom 16 CQB, conceal carry 9 mm TBD
Nice list.

Dad had this .410 single shot pistol. Long barrel. Not sure if they are even legal anymore. It was cool - had a snake emblem, so I assume it was a rattlesnake gun. My POS older brother got it after Dad died - long story which I will not get into on this board. Wish I had it.

Yeah the sucky part about my 9mm is that it is kind of big to conceal. I have a shoulder holster for the .380 which is way more compact, but as said it is so wildly inaccurate I don't take it anywhere.

This is getting to be a fun thread. :)

I think if I went with a Henry I'd go peep sight. I just can't get used to the offset scope you use with a top discharge lever action. Given that it is probably a 100 yards or less gun with a pistol cartridge, a peep sight should be fine for plinking....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT