ADVERTISEMENT

2001 to 2003 redo?

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
While I felt 2011-2013 would have elements of 01-03, meaning another three straight bowl games, I will be much more specific this time and be very detailed about being "similar".

This team will go to three straight bowl games. This year may be tough to get our 10th win, but a Sun Bowl or Vegas Bowl. So to be conservative 8-5. Next year playing in the Championship game as the north representative. The following year the Apple Cup is for the N Championship. Three straight bowl games, two ten win seasons.

Bahahaha 2011...please
2012 - Not with that roster
2013 - We made it...barely

This in my opinion is actual year 1 Leach.

The previous 3 years he wasn't playing with a Pac-12 roster like everybody else. Now he is although 2012 was just a hasty 3 month effort partial class.

Baring any crazy injuries or major external setbacks we should be bowling here on out / competing for the Pac-12 North. Leach will always be able to produce a QB somehow with his system and practice, and with his focus on the offensive line / Coach Joe's Poly pipeline we'll have decent to good lines. Add in Mastro as RB recruiter / our WR NFL pipeline that has started and we will have skill players.

Defensively Grinch/Manning/Wilson will be able to fill in the LBs and secondary.

When Leach was hired this is what everyone thought we would be at when he walked in the door, but unfortunately he had a large noncompetitive mess to clean up. The Wulff stink has been purged and now we are a real Pac-12 program with a real Pac-12 roster.

Bahahaha 2011...please
2012 - Not with that roster
2013 - We made it...barely

This in my opinion is actual year 1 Leach.

The previous 3 years he wasn't playing with a Pac-12 roster like everybody else. Now he is although 2012 was just a hasty 3 month effort partial class.

Baring any crazy injuries or major external setbacks we should be bowling here on out / competing for the Pac-12 North. Leach will always be able to produce a QB somehow with his system and practice, and with his focus on the offensive line / Coach Joe's Poly pipeline we'll have decent to good lines. Add in Mastro as RB recruiter / our WR NFL pipeline that has started and we will have skill players.

Defensively Grinch/Manning/Wilson will be able to fill in the LBs and secondary.

When Leach was hired this is what everyone thought we would be at when he walked in the door, but unfortunately he had a large noncompetitive mess to clean up. The Wulff stink has been purged and now we are a real Pac-12 program with a real Pac-12 roster.
Geez it must be hard for you the one time you are wrong in the year. But you nailed it. Congrats.

Well let's see...

You were wrong about the Defensive line.
You were wrong about Soph QB
You were wrong about the recruiting factors
You were wrong about Bercovicci / Laifau ahead of Falk
You were wrong about Wulff
You were wrong about the time table for success
You were wrong about "winning the hearts and minds"
You were wrong about the negative bullcrap about the players and the sandpit
You were wrong about Joe Dahl
You were wrong about pretty much EVERYTHING

You pretty much are a failure poster. I mean with that track record it's amazing that you keep coming back here.
Well...that's a heck of a laundry list. But I am an optimist. Every dog has its day, so I will give it another try tomorrow. Then if I am wrong tomorrow I will be back the following day.

Reactions: chinookpirate
Well...that's a heck of a laundry list. But I am an optimist. Every dog has its day, so I will give it another try tomorrow. Then if I am wrong tomorrow I will be back the following day.

The blind squirrel approach is your usual MO.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
While I felt 2011-2013 would have elements of 01-03, meaning another three straight bowl games, I will be much more specific this time and be very detailed about being "similar".

This team will go to three straight bowl games. This year may be tough to get our 10th win, but a Sun Bowl or Vegas Bowl. So to be conservative 8-5. Next year playing in the Championship game as the north representative. The following year the Apple Cup is for the N Championship. Three straight bowl games, two ten win seasons.
Nah. Those 3 teams were built on the back of 2 great recruiting classes without a lot behind them, especially after Uncle Mikey bailed. What we're seeing here will be more sustainable unless something unforeseen happens. Next year we do compete for the North, and maybe the year after. After that it will be hard to predict, but I don't anticipate many more 3-9, 4-8 seasons from here on. I actually can't wait to see what the defense looks like a year from now. Grinch has accomplished a lot in a short span of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT