ADVERTISEMENT

2016 FB Schedule Released

Great home schedule with pretty good spacing of the games with the exception of November. Fortunately, it looks like we'll be a pretty good team next season.

If not, November could be a brutal attendance month. Cal and Arizona (our 2 worst home league opponents) on back to back weekends, and a Friday Apple Cup the day after Thanksgiving.

On the other hand, if we can survive an absolutely brutal October, we'll be poised for a late season charge.

The four-game stretch in October extending from Oregon to Arizona State is definitely the most important of the season. How the Cougs do in those 4 games will determine the relevancy of the games in Nov. If WSU is able to win some of those games in Oct., November promises to be a monster month.

Reactions: chinookpirate
The four-game stretch in October extending from Oregon to Arizona State is definitely the most important of the season. How the Cougs do in those 4 games will determine the relevancy of the games in Nov. If WSU is able to win some of those games in Oct., November promises to be a monster month.

After looking at it more closely, I really like our schedule. It's one of the lightest travel schedules we've ever had. Pullman, Boise, Pullman, BYE, Pullman, San Francisco, Pullman, Phoenix, Corvallis, Pullman, Pullman, Denver, Pullman.

Hard to predict how we'll do next season, but it's always best to finish the season on a high note. Even we lose 3 games in October, we'll still have a reasonable chance to at least match our record this year. Boise State isn't a gimme, but they're not the team they were. I think we'll start the season 3-0.

Oregon, Stanford, and ASU will be breaking in new QB's. Would love to win at least 1 of these games, as I think UCLA is going to be the most talented team in the conference next season.

If we stay healthy, finishing with Oregon State, Arizona, Cal, Colorado, and UW is about as good as it gets.

Black Friday Apple Cup is the big bummer since it's in Pullman and a tough travel time.

Good notes on the travel, Patrol; that is a really nice itinerary.

I also think Cougs need to beat Oregon/Stanford and ASU. 2-1, minimum. Though there isn't a team on the schedule the Cougs can't beat.

This schedule is definitely set up to get you exposure and give you a chance to maximize what you do next season- go 5-1 in the front half, you're discussing championships, and-since you'll have won three of four from likely top 20 teams- so will the playoff committee. And you get the new QB's at Stanford and Oregon early, right on the back of your bye. And that back half is a lot more accommodating.

Getting relatively injury free is the key.

I guess one downside is that we miss all of the major recruiting markets with the exception of our 1 trip to San Francisco. We don't play in L.A. & we don't play a marquis OOC game.

Still, I like the schedule for a lot of reasons. Start fast and survive October and it sets up for a huge year. If the injury bug hits or we struggle in October, we can salvage the season with a strong November. Having Cal and Arizona in Pullman in November is awesome.

Hard to know how to feel about it given that we seem to play better on the road. I suspect that perception will change as the program improves and becomes more consistent.

In any event, with this year's possibly 9-win season, you get the feeling 2016 could be really special.

First 3 are all beyond winnable. Next 4 (Oregon, @ Stanford, UCLA, @ASU) you hope to win 2-3. Next 4 we should be favored if things hold from this season, and then it's the Apple Cup. With a strong performance we could be at 9+ wins before the AC.

With Falk and perhaps even Marks back, we would have to take an enormous step back next year not to go bowling again.

Hard to know how to feel about it given that we seem to play better on the road. I suspect that perception will change as the program improves and becomes more consistent.

In any event, with this year's possibly 9-win season, you get the feeling 2016 could be really special.

First 3 are all beyond winnable. Next 4 (Oregon, @ Stanford, UCLA, @ASU) you hope to win 2-3. Next 4 we should be favored if things hold from this season, and then it's the Apple Cup. With a strong performance we could be at 9+ wins before the AC.

With Falk and perhaps even Marks back, we would have to take an enormous step back next year not to go bowling again.

9-3 is pretty achievable next year with this schedule. What I'm hoping to see is that the last second, close wins this year turn into games where we are holding a lead in the fourth quarter and feel more comfortable on the last drive. I'd love to see the victory formation 3 more times next year. I'm glad that we get Oregon before their next mercenary QB gets much game time in. Hope they are still struggling with the offense at that point.

For the first time since 2003, I think we will have a team (and a schedule) that is really capable of finishing undefeated. Falk and Marks, along with the entire receiving corps, is going to be monstrous next year. Some tweaks to the offense to enhance those outlet passes when the first two reads aren't good will go a long way towards keeping Falk healthy. Oregon, Stanford and UCLA will be tough games next year though and Leach has a history of his teams gagging on one game. 9-3 (or better) is obviously a fantastic record to be shooting for. I'd take 10-3 with a Top 15 finish in a heartbeat.

After looking at it more closely, I really like our schedule. It's one of the lightest travel schedules we've ever had. Pullman, Boise, Pullman, BYE, Pullman, San Francisco, Pullman, Phoenix, Corvallis, Pullman, Pullman, Denver, Pullman.

Hard to predict how we'll do next season, but it's always best to finish the season on a high note. Even we lose 3 games in October, we'll still have a reasonable chance to at least match our record this year. Boise State isn't a gimme, but they're not the team they were. I think we'll start the season 3-0.

Oregon, Stanford, and ASU will be breaking in new QB's. Would love to win at least 1 of these games, as I think UCLA is going to be the most talented team in the conference next season.

If we stay healthy, finishing with Oregon State, Arizona, Cal, Colorado, and UW is about as good as it gets.

What do you mean? We'll lose at home to EWU and Idaho, and win the rest of our games. Who wouldn't take that kind of season, right?

Chip, I'm not sure it's a perception, I think that facts will bear out that we won more on the road. That being said, I feel that those days are over. More wins, more rabid fans, players get the message and we have the Rogers Field advantage again.

Cougs went 4-2 at home and 4-2 on the road this year. One bad loss at home and 2 bad losses on the road.

Another thing about this schedule- you're absolutely teed up to get Gameday for WSU-UO.

They play great at home when the crowd shows up. Sucks that fans bail at half or just don't show for big games.

I have a feeling that will change next year. I expect most of our home games to be 30K+.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT