Oct. 7: at UCLA
Oct. 14: Arizona
Oct. 21: at Oregon
Oct. 28: at Arizona State
Nov. 4: Stanford
Nov. 11: at California
Nov. 17: Colorado (Friday)
Nov. 25: at Washington

Some things to grumble about but nothing too terrible.

-Odd years in the current setup are always going to have only four home Pac-12 games and road trips to Eugene and Seattle, so they tend to be rough.

- I'd rather play Colorado early if I could choose, but there's some chance "Coach Prime" is in a situation reminiscent of Leach in 2012 by that point in the season, too. Colorado might be 3-7 or 4-6 and pointing fingers. Also, if we have to have a Friday game, having it that week before Thanksgiving is a good week for it.

- Might have 15,000 actual attendees for Northern Colorado, especially if the team loses one or both of the first two games.

- Don't know how healthy we'll be in the 8th straight week of football 11/25, but having the bye a few weeks later wouldn't really change anything.

- I'd rather play Arizona and ASU later in the year, but at least we aren't bringing Arizona to Pullman, or having to trek down to Scottsdale, in September.

- Three out of four weeks with road games at UCLA, Oregon, and ASU will be a pretty tough midseason stretch.

Nah, I just wrote that since they blend into each other and the stadium is up by Scottsdale.

Friday games suck, but for student attendance, it might be better to have the game on Friday as opposed to Saturday. WSU needs to get ahead of the situation and offer students something for staying and attending. Free admission and free pizza? A $20 concession credit for every student who attends? Would be easy to do something.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Some things to grumble about but nothing too terrible.

-Odd years in the current setup are always going to have only four home Pac-12 games and road trips to Eugene and Seattle, so they tend to be rough.

- I'd rather play Colorado early if I could choose, but there's some chance "Coach Prime" is in a situation reminiscent of Leach in 2012 by that point in the season, too. Colorado might be 3-7 or 4-6 and pointing fingers. Also, if we have to have a Friday game, having it that week before Thanksgiving is a good week for it.

- Might have 15,000 actual attendees for Northern Colorado, especially if the team loses one or both of the first two games.

- Don't know how healthy we'll be in the 8th straight week of football 11/25, but having the bye a few weeks later wouldn't really change anything.

- I'd rather play Arizona and ASU later in the year, but at least we aren't bringing Arizona to Pullman, or having to trek down to Scottsdale, in September.

- Three out of four weeks with road games at UCLA, Oregon, and ASU will be a pretty tough midseason stretch.
From one perspective, I like having 3 straight home games in September, with a road game on Labor Day. Weather should be good to great, the drive will be easy. On the other hand...people are going to show up for Wisconsin for sure, and likely for OSU. Many will take the week off for N. Colorado. Also, having 3 straight home games tends to set up a lot of travel in the late season - 5 of our final 8 are on the road, including the 3 of 4 you mentioned.

I hate traveling to Tempe in general - we rarely play well there. Doing it a week after Eugene, and at the end of 4 weeks of heavy travel, makes it even worse. On the plus side, Halloween weekend at ASU shouldn't be blazing hot.

I don't know that we're a strong conference contender this year, but I think we've got a pretty good shot at the Colorado state championship.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Friday games suck, but for student attendance, it might be better to have the game on Friday as opposed to Saturday. WSU needs to get ahead of the situation and offer students something for staying and attending. Free admission and free pizza? A $20 concession credit for every student who attends? Would be easy to do something.
Yeah, a Friday game before the T-giving break is not so horrible. The 3 straight home games earley sucks doggy d1(ks.

Colorado has a potentially tough schedule.

@ TCU should be tough even if they aren't a Top 10 team.
Nebraska is not a "good" team but at the same time, they had five losses by one score last season. They could be dangerous.
Colorado will thump Colorado State
@ Oregon is not an easy win
Hosting USC should be a challenge
@ ASU is always a crap shoot. Sun Devils can be tough at home. Ask UW.....or us.

It would not be surprising for Colorado to be playing better but be 1-5 heading into their Friday night game against Stanford.

They have to play at UCLA and host Oregon State before playing Arizona at home. It would not be a surprise for them to be 3-7 in their game against us. If that's the case, do a bunch of alphas start thinking about where they are transferring to next season? I hope so.

Reactions: 425cougfan
I don't like the 3 straight home games either, but at least 2 of the 3 are arguably the best games on our home schedule in our best weather month.

The Northern Colorado game, sandwiched between Wisconsin and Oregon State, is ripe to be a stinker unless WSU makes a shrewd move and names it Parents (Dads) weekend.

I don't like the 3 straight home games either, but at least 2 of the 3 are arguably the best games on our home schedule in our best weather month.

The Northern Colorado game, sandwiched between Wisconsin and Oregon State, is ripe to be a stinker unless WSU makes a shrewd move and names it Parents (Dads) weekend.
My guess is N. Colorado will be Armed Forces day. Kind of think Arizona and Stanford will be homecoming and "family day."

Nice to be able to purchase first class seats on the erjs that fly into Pullman now. See everyone in September.

Friday game at home, and an early bye

WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS
Sept. 2
: at Colorado State

WIN

Sept. 9: Wisconsin

TOSS UP/leaning towards win, since at home, since beat them on road last year, since they have new HC and break in new Air Raid to them, since they probably not be good.
Sept. 16: Northern Colorado

WIN

Sept. 23: Oregon State

Win at home.

Sept. 30: bye

WSU easily be 3-1, 4-0 to start season

Toss up, but only because on Road. UCLA lost DTR and LOST A LOT, so is beatable.

WIN

LOSS, but WSU does tend to either beat Oregon or at least play them well in a loss

Toss up, would be win at WSU. Even tho technical toss up, leaning towards win. Yes ASU can be, is tough at ASU, as some have pointed out, BUT ASU WAS A TOTAL MESS LAST YEAR AND WILL BE A TOTAL MESS AGAIN THIS YEAR. THERE IS A REASON THEIR WIN/LOSS record was so bad, and why their coach was fired.

WIN

WIN

WIN

LOSS

Dickert has made some what should be HOME RUN AWESOME HIRES

Arbuckle will have either Mateer, Cam, or another brought in QB scoring, producing, passing, BIG TIME.

Watson, and Jenkins, assuming at least one of them is healthy will be DOMINATING in the run game.

Schmedding, and Dickert will be ok on defense.

And Dickert did a semi somewhat semi masterful job at replacing what lost thru portal with Portal additions, JC transfers, etc.

With this semi easy to semi easier schedule, and with WSU being a team that should win 5,6,7,8,9,10 games, regardless of schedule.

WSU SHOULD, WILL PROBABLY win about 6,7 games won at minimum, floor, etc, 8 wins at average, 9,10 games at best, CEILING.

Friday game at home, and an early bye

WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS
Sept. 2
: at Colorado State
Sept. 9: Wisconsin
Sept. 16: Northern Colorado
Sept. 23: Oregon State
Sept. 30: bye
So, probably homecoming on 10/14 and dad's weekend on 11/4.

This is definitely a much better than average schedule. Not the best we've ever had, due mostly to the Bye week location and some of the home/away match ups. But missing SC and Utah??? That is huge. Wisconsin in Pullman? That is nearly unprecedented. Overall it should be a good season, and one to which we should be able to sell a good number of season tickets. Few of the home games are gimme's, and we will be the definite underdog against Wisconsin, but the Badgers are not as intimidating after last year's win. If the athletic department is on the stick, they will sell a lot of tickets.

This is definitely a much better than average schedule. Not the best we've ever had, due mostly to the Bye week location and some of the home/away match ups. But missing SC and Utah??? That is huge. Wisconsin in Pullman? That is nearly unprecedented. Overall it should be a good season, and one to which we should be able to sell a good number of season tickets. Few of the home games are gimme's, and we will be the definite underdog against Wisconsin, but the Badgers are not as intimidating after last year's win. If the athletic department is on the stick, they will sell a lot of tickets.

Wisconsin is not as good as some think. Wisconsin only won about 6,7, etc, wins last year, and has a NEW HC, and is CHANGING from their POWER RUN game with their POWER RUN GAME PLAYERS, to the AIR RAID with POWER RUN GAME PLAYERS.

Kind of like trying to put a round peg, thru a square hole, their first season, under the new AIR RAID HC.

Wisconsin is probably not going to be good, especially early in the season.

And because of that the only good thing about the Wisconsin game is Wisconsin in Pullman, as if WSU beats Wisconsin, then people will say, that WSU was supposed to beat Wisconsin, as Wisconsin isn't good this season.

And if WSU loses to Wisconsin, the narrative will be that it will be a bad loss because Wisconsin, not good.

The only 2 good things to be gained from playing Wisconsin, is it's in Pullman, and the win, if WSU wins.

Wisconsin is not going to be as good as people think this season.

The game is probably going to be a TOSS UP, with WSU semi probably having the very slight edge to win due to it being in Pullman.

🤣 🤣

It's still WSU.

Imagine being so fragile that you are triggered by family day
Imagine being so fragile and triggered that you are offended by such longtime WSU traditions as Dad's Weekend and Mom's weekend, events set up to honor parents that have their offspring attending WSU. I wonder who those snowflakes are that pressured the WSU administration to eliminate such traditions? I wonder who the pussy/pussies are that caved in to pressure to what was likely a small handful of complainers? Did anyone bother to even think outside the box for a solution? What jumps to mind immediately is that Dad's Weekend is in the Fall, Mom's Weekend is in the Spring, how about leaving that long tradition in place and and having "Family Weekend" in the winter? You know, when they are playing basketball instead of football/volleyball or baseball/golf/track?

There have already been other silly woke things the university has done, and it is stuff like this that could make me re-evaluate the plan of leaving a 401k to WSU (athletics, Construction Mgmt, and Floyd Medical School). Did the administration ever pause to consider such impacts? I doubt it.

Wisconsin is not as good as some think. Wisconsin only won about 6,7, etc, wins last year, and has a NEW HC, and is CHANGING from their POWER RUN game with their POWER RUN GAME PLAYERS, to the AIR RAID with POWER RUN GAME PLAYERS.

Kind of like trying to put a round peg, thru a square hole, their first season, under the new AIR RAID HC.

And because of that the only good thing about the Wisconsin game is Wisconsin in Pullman, as if WSU beats Wisconsin, then people will say, that WSU was supposed to beat Wisconsin, as Wisconsin isn't good this season.

And if WSU loses to Wisconsin, the narrative will be that it will be a bad loss because Wisconsin, not good.

The only 2 good things to be gained from playing Wisconsin, is it's in Pullman, and the win, if WSU wins.

The game is probably going to be a TOSS UP, with WSU semi probably having the very slight edge to win due to it being in Pullman.
I don't know. Fickell did a really good job in using the portal. We shall see but I think Wisconsin is going to be really good.

Imagine being so fragile and triggered that you are offended by such longtime WSU traditions as Dad's Weekend and Mom's weekend, events set up to honor parents that have their offspring attending WSU. I wonder who those snowflakes are that pressured the WSU administration to eliminate such traditions? I wonder who the pussy/pussies are that caved in to pressure to what was likely a small handful of complainers? Did anyone bother to even think outside the box for a solution? What jumps to mind immediately is that Dad's Weekend is in the Fall, Mom's Weekend is in the Spring, how about leaving that long tradition in place and and having "Family Weekend" in the winter? You know, when they are playing basketball instead of football/volleyball or baseball/golf/track?

There have already been other silly woke things the university has done, and it is stuff like this that could make me re-evaluate the plan of leaving a 401k to WSU (athletics, Construction Mgmt, and Floyd Medical School). Did the administration ever pause to consider such impacts? I doubt it.

I will gladly accept your 401k. I will spend it on guns, live happily in a red state.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
I will gladly accept your 401k. I will spend it on guns, live happily in a red state.
You don't need THAT many! And like the Dems like to incorrectly say, "You never could own a cannon".

Meanwhile, you are free to move over here any time you want......

You don't need THAT many! And like the Dems like to incorrectly say, "You never could own a cannon".

Meanwhile, you are free to move over here any time you want......

There is never enough guns.

Idaho sucks ass. I would go South.

It’s how quick they can implement their offense. Fickell is a good coach, that program is fairly easy to win at , you automatically have great lineman and pretty good front seven on defense. That will be a tough game. Interesting to see Longo have Locke at qb running the air raid in a year or two. i think it gives them a shot with the big two.

Imagine being so fragile that you are triggered by family day
I'm a single Dad with primary custody of my twin boys. I guess you can say that I'm "triggered" that we did away with Dad's (and Mom's) weekend.

I won't rant too much on the decision. It is what it is; but if you look at every social statistical data set on success and failure, the evidence is overwhelming. Kids who grow up with good Father's are exponentially more likely to succeed than those who don't.

America is facing an epidemic of absent Father's. We need to be propping up Dad's and focusing on the importance and significance that we play in our children's lives. We honor so many causes these days, but we've decided to overlook the statistically most significant predictor of success in a person's life. Read the data.

I don't know. Fickell did a really good job in using the portal. We shall see but I think Wisconsin is going to be really good.
Wisconsin made a great hire in Fickell and they signed arguably the best transfer QB in the portal, former 4* and SMU star Tanner Mordecai.

If Wisconsin isn't the best team we face next season, they're certainly in the conversation.

I'm a single Dad with primary custody of my twin boys. I guess you can say that I'm "triggered" that we did away with Dad's (and Mom's) weekend.

I won't rant too much on the decision. It is what it is; but if you look at every social statistical data set on success and failure, the evidence is overwhelming. Kids who grow up with good Father's are exponentially more likely to succeed than those who don't.

America is facing an epidemic of absent Father's. We need to be propping up Dad's and focusing on the importance and significance that we play in our children's lives. We honor so many causes these days, but we've decided to overlook the statistically most significant predictor of success in a person's life. Read the data.

You haven't gotten the memo that it isn't about fathers in the home, it is instead about big government programs.

Follow the money. Always follow the money.

I know we are off topic, but two former neighbors I have known for many years had divorce papers served to them years ago. The standard women/lawyer MO is to have a restraining order dropped on them. You get 30 minutes with a cop present to move out, even if you've never done or threatened any violence (and have no history of any violent acts or words in your life).

Both ended up with their children after the law ran its course...which shows how unjust the law is and how crazy their wives were.

Men get a really bad deal from the beginning. The assumption is that they are the bad one and are totally at fault.

Reactions: mikalalas
I didn't know about ERJs flying into and out of PUW. Much better than the slow turboprops.

When did ASA start that?
I believe all q400 flights stopped on 10/31. There may be a few still flying other routes, but all are scheduled to leave service very soon.

There is never enough guns.

Idaho sucks ass. I would go South.
You are misguided, my friend! Open carry in Idaho. No woke allowed in Idaho. Lots of lakes, good fishing and boating, good hunting, good golfing. Water skiing, snow skiing, gem hunting, little traffic, clean air, friendly people but with a live and let live attitude. Beautiful scenery-the drive down Hwy 95 to Pullman/Moscow on a clear fall day is spectacular!

You are misguided, my friend! Open carry in Idaho. No woke allowed in Idaho. Lots of lakes, good fishing and boating, good hunting, good golfing. Water skiing, snow skiing, gem hunting, little traffic, clean air, friendly people but with a live and let live attitude. Beautiful scenery-the drive down Hwy 95 to Pullman/Moscow on a clear fall day is spectacular!

Women in Idaho or women in Texas or Florida. Choose.

Women in Idaho or women in Texas or Florida. Choose.
Your choice. Go down there and grab one and bring her to Idaho. Go back and replenish the stock when you get tired of her. Just watch out for the poisonous snakes and gators while you are looking.

Good women are everywhere, it may take a while to find the right one. I had to go to Montana for mine.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT