2024 Football Schedule

CougSinceBirth

Hall Of Fame
Nov 14, 2009

It is a schedule.

Date Opponent Location
Aug. 31 Portland State Gesa Field
Sept. 7 Texas Tech Gesa Field
Sept. 14 vs. Washington (Apple Cup) Seattle, Wash.
(Lumen Field)
Sept. 21 San Jose State Gesa Field
Nov. 23 at Oregon State Corvallis, Ore.
TBD Utah State Gesa Field
TBD Wyoming Gesa Field
TBD Hawai'i Gesa Field
TBD at San Diego State San Diego, Calif.
TBD at Boise State Boise, Idaho
TBD at New Mexico Albuquerque, N.M.
TBD at Fresno State Fresno, Calif.

It is a schedule.

Date Opponent Location
Sept. 14vs. Washington (Apple Cup)Seattle, Wash.
(Lumen Field)
Nov. 23at Oregon StateCorvallis, Ore.
TBD Wyoming Gesa Field
TBD Hawai'i Gesa Field
TBDat San Diego StateSan Diego, Calif.
TBDat Boise StateBoise, Idaho
TBDat New MexicoAlbuquerque, N.M.
TBDat Fresno StateFresno, Calif.
That doesn't look bad at all. Might have to muster my courage and fire up the truck/camper and go to Boise. With my wallet glued to my britches. Or OSU. And for all you naysayers, this is exactly what the mighty Loyal was preaching all along. So feel free to bow at the altar of my superior wisdom and intellect.

7-5 at worst vs that schedule. 8-4, 9-3 semi likely to likely. 10-2 at best.

Only guaranteed loss is UW.

Probably beats TTU, but small chance for loss.

ABOUT 59% chance that OSU beats WSU.

Out of BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, About 1.5 losses out of those 3 games

Out of UW, TTU, Ore St, BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, out of those 6 games, 3,4 of them are probably losses, and the rest of the games are probably wins.

8-4, 9-3, at likely, 7-5 at worst, 10-2 at best is probably very logical, reasonable, etc, vs that schedule.

7-5 at worst vs that schedule. 8-4, 9-3 semi likely to likely. 10-2 at best.

Only guaranteed loss is UW.

Probably beats TTU, but small chance for loss.

ABOUT 59% chance that OSU beats WSU.

Out of BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, About 1.5 losses out of those 3 games

Out of UW, TTU, Ore St, BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, out of those 6 games, 3,4 of them are probably losses, and the rest of the games are probably wins.

8-4, 9-3, at likely, 7-5 at worst, 10-2 at best is probably very logical, reasonable, etc, vs that schedule.
I remember 9 weeks ago saying I only saw two losses in the schedule. I remember being favored by 9 over Arizona. I don’t think 7-5 is worst case. I’m optimistic and hopeful they will do better than that but let’s be real. We watched this core disappear for 6 weeks this season so I’m not gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

It is a schedule.

Date Opponent Location
Sept. 14vs. Washington (Apple Cup)Seattle, Wash.
(Lumen Field)
Nov. 23at Oregon StateCorvallis, Ore.
TBD Wyoming Gesa Field
TBD Hawai'i Gesa Field
TBDat San Diego StateSan Diego, Calif.
TBDat Boise StateBoise, Idaho
TBDat New MexicoAlbuquerque, N.M.
TBDat Fresno StateFresno, Calif.
Someone must be feeling the heat if they released a 12 game schedule, with only five games set.

I like the thought of OSU becoming our new rivalry game since it’s near thanksgiving and UW can take a flying leap. There is a lot of speculation on one of the beaver boards on what to call the game and one poster said it should be called the “Thanks for all the money” game. Absolutely hilarious

Reactions: mikalalas
Someone must be feeling the heat if they released a 12 game schedule, with only five games set.
The games (meaning opponent), ARE set. The dates are not. As others have already said, expect there to be a mix of home and away games as the season goes on, not three in a row at home and then four in a row on the road to end the season.

I have to admit, I was very skeptical about next season happening at all a few weeks ago.

Chun gets a huge compliments for pulling this off.

Now it's getting down to business on the next big move.

My wife is not very happy about us not getting UNLV.
not sure the logistics of their stadium, but personally I'm about done with Vegas.

Its become entirely overpriced to stay there and I've been there plenty of times so I'm not eager to go see the same stuff for the 20th time. Maybe I'd stay off the strip to go to the game and Uber there.

*** edit - didn't realize they play at allegiant now. Yeah, hard pass.

not sure the logistics of their stadium, but personally I'm about done with Vegas.

Its become entirely overpriced to stay there and I've been there plenty of times so I'm not eager to go see the same stuff for the 20th time. Maybe I'd stay off the strip to go to the game and Uber there.

A few years ago, I paid $8 for a 32 ounce Gatorade at Mandalay Bay. It was in August, temp was about 120, and I was dying of thirst. A few hours later, I was at the ABC store buying Gatorade, beer and pop, for a total of a little over $8. I have a philosophical difficulty paying 10x.

You can still find decent room rates Sunday to Wednesday, but it takes a little more work. I suspect airfare prices will be staying where they're at absent a recession.

All of those road games, including the "neutral site" game, are pretty tough except New Mexico. The home games are all winnable. A lot depends on what happens with our and other teams' rosters between now and then.

Kind of shitty that Boise State is getting to host both Oregon State and WSU this coming year. Still only got them to 6 home games for the year ... I don't know how this happened exactly, but it's weird.

dates tbd...

As an aside, how's the pain level? How's your recovery in general?

It’s all about pain management. The Oxy is almost gone, but the pain has gotten better. I have this cool ice machine Fill a small cooler with frozen water bottles and Ice. It has 2 tubes, intake and outtake. The cold water runs from the tubes into the ice pack on my knee then back again. It’s also programmable. 20 minutes on 20 minutes off.

It’s all about pain management. The Oxy is almost gone, but the pain has gotten better. I have this cool ice machine Fill a small cooler with frozen water bottles and Ice. It has 2 tubes, intake and outtake. The cold water runs from the tubes into the ice pack on my knee then back again. It’s also programmable. 20 minutes on 20 minutes off.
That's where I always fail pt is sitting still long enough for ice and heat.

Tylenol for pain, Advil for inflammation, but your doc probably has you on both at 800mg or more I would guess.

Reactions: kougkurt
Direct Flights from Spokane to Vegas on SWA are good. Costco has SWA $500 gift cards for $430 right now.

I'm disappointed we only get a road game at OSU. I was hoping to visit friends in Spokane and cap it off with game in Pullman.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
I remember 9 weeks ago saying I only saw two losses in the schedule. I remember being favored by 9 over Arizona. I don’t think 7-5 is worst case. I’m optimistic and hopeful they will do better than that but let’s be real. We watched this core disappear for 6 weeks this season so I’m not gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

That was against the PAC 12, plus Wisconsin, that had 8 teams in the top 25, etc.

This mountain west schedule is a HELL of a lot EASIER then 8 teams in the top 25 at 1 point.

If WSU was going to play 1 more year vs the other 11 former PAC 12 members, no way in Hell would I predict 7-5 at worst, 8-4, 9-3 likely, 10-2 at best.

Instead the prediction would be 4-8,5-7 at worst, 6-6,7-5 likely, 7-5,8-4 at best.

7-5 at worst, 8-4,9-3 likely, 10-2 at best is just about right for a G5, MWC schedule, that is way the hell easier then a 8 teams in top 25 at 1 point PAC 12 schedule.

Stay at Southpoint and Uber/taxi to the game. Easy. Or catch a shuttle to Mandalay Bay and walk to Allegiant. I've attended 4 UNLV games (one at Sam Boyd/3 at Allegiant) when my daughter danced there. Allegiant rocks and so does the Thomas and Mack Center. God, I love Vegas :)

That was against the PAC 12, plus Wisconsin, that had 8 teams in the top 25, etc.

This mountain west schedule is a HELL of a lot EASIER then 8 teams in the top 25 at 1 point.

If WSU was going to play 1 more year vs the other 11 former PAC 12 members, no way in Hell would I predict 7-5 at worst, 8-4, 9-3 likely, 10-2 at best.

Instead the prediction would be 4-8,5-7 at worst, 6-6,7-5 likely, 7-5,8-4 at best.

7-5 at worst, 8-4,9-3 likely, 10-2 at best is just about right for a G5, MWC schedule, that is way the hell easier then a 8 teams in top 25 at 1 point PAC 12 schedule.
Not so fast.

Remember, teams often play down to their opponent, then get bit.

It's a challenge for any team to show up for every single game, especially now that we're playing G5.

Sounds like you're excited.

I am not. In fact, it's one of the saddest, if not the saddest "realization days" in all of Cougar Football.

The ticket office is going to have a hell of a time selling home games, and whatever allotment for the "neutral-site" game for 2024 (TTU withstanding).

Drink more. Pretty simple.

Stay at Southpoint and Uber/taxi to the game. Easy. Or catch a shuttle to Mandalay Bay and walk to Allegiant. I've attended 4 UNLV games (one at Sam Boyd/3 at Allegiant) when my daughter danced there. Allegiant rocks and so does the Thomas and Mack Center. God, I love Vegas :)
please fasten your seatbelts and return your seat to an upright position, we’ll be experiencing turbulence soon

I have to admit, I was very skeptical about next season happening at all a few weeks ago.

Chun gets a huge compliments for pulling this off.

Now it's getting down to business on the next big move.
Chun doesn't deserve compliments for shit. He sucks doggy dicks. When is that going to become clear? He is worse than Moos, worse than slick Rick Dickson, worse than Sterk, worse than Livengood, worse than Jankovich. I can't remember past that. He sucks.

I payed $42 rt las to pdx. On spirit tho. There are deals out there on rooms also. Downtown grand is decent and usually surprisingly cheap. Anyone want tips hit me up.

Where is she dancing now???

Don’t forget Idaho on Labor Day weekend.

If you’re going to play an FCS opponent, they’re going to bring in a better crowd than anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT