ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmaad Rorie PG to visit

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
I am not sure why this has not been posted of the freeloaders board. I really like this guy and he is capable of playing both guard positions. Rorie and Nye will both visit this weekend. Rorie canceled a visit to Oregon ,probably because of the turmoil there. He visited udub and it may come down to these two schools.He is a smart basketball player with a sweet outside shot . It may be time for Ernie to ask one or two of the remaining Bone recruits to seek playing time elsewhere.I would like Kent to sign both these guys and pick up a PF to round out the class. Go get em Ernie
lurk.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 5/6 4:20 AM by ElComanche

This post was edited on 5/6 4:54 AM by ElComanche

This post was edited on 5/6 4:57 AM by ElComanche

I was waiting for you to do some work for a change ! Former Northwest Panther Ahmaad is no doubt familar with the Cougs and it is great that he is in for a visit. Nye Redding is also a vrey nice PG.

There are a couple of others out there with offers as well. But no doubt about it Ernie Kent and staff are trying to nail down a good one for us. Time of not having a PG and sufficient backups has passed.

I agree , Ernie Kent can land these two guys,the guard position would be solidified for 3-4 years.As stated earlier,they also need another big guy to round out the recruiting for this year.

Originally posted by gazooks2:
I agree , Ernie Kent can land these two guys,the guard position would be solidified for 3-4 years.As stated earlier,they also need another big guy to round out the recruiting for this year.
They only have two scholarships remaining in this class, so if they take both of these guys, they're full.

It sounds like WSU or UW. I see him coming to WSU....largely based on being the starting point guard as a true freshman.

Perhaps but as another poster pointed out, Kent could ask one or two players to pursue their basketball interests elsewhere. If a couple of these guys knew that playing time was not a remote possibility ,then they may decide to transfer.There are players on the roster who are not of D1 caliber.

Originally posted by ttowncoug:
It sounds like WSU or UW. I see him coming to WSU....largely based on being the starting point guard as a true freshman.
In speaking with a few Cal people, he was a lock to start at point guard for the Golden Bears, too.

The two other recruits Davis and Cheatum are very athletic probably more so than Longrus and Que. Longurus may be the odd man out if they recruit another juco forward and if Canty plays basketball.Johnson has a chance to log meaningful minutes if he improves his intensity and defense.

Longrus should thrive in a more uptempo game. Chances are he will lose some minutes because of good depth, but I don't see him getting pushed down the bench.

It remains to be seen. From what i have seen in games and tapes,he may well be pushed down the line. All of the returning players and recruits will have a chance to compete for playing time. The competition should help the team become better

I sure hope Mikalas doesn't read what you are saying ttowncoug!!

This post was edited on 5/7 12:57 PM by wulffbone

Originally posted by wulffbone:

He's read it, composing a response. Come back in an hour and a half. Pack a lunch.

Seriously, adding Rorie and selling him on Romar's instability and the greater likelihood of starting over the I's than over Williams-Goss should be a workable sell- I would hope Curtis Allen provides a little bump for our chances, too. You'll have a pretty strong backcourt in a year or two as these guys mature in Kent's system.

Originally posted by wulffui:
Originally posted by wulffbone:

He's read it, composing a response. Come back in an hour and a half. Pack a lunch.

Seriously, adding Rorie and selling him on Romar's instability and the greater likelihood of starting over the I's than over Williams-Goss should be a workable sell- I would hope Curtis Allen provides a little bump for our chances, too. You'll have a pretty strong backcourt in a year or two as these guys mature in Kent's system.

Too funny wulffui!

I would love to have Rorie and Isabell together as freshmen next year. why is this an either/or with some posters?
This post was edited on 5/9 8:39 AM by chinookpirate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT