ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently No More Bubble Screens

I don’t quite understand the preoccupation with who played football in HS. If I’m not mistaken most everyone here who played did so in a time when QBs were throwing it 10% of the time and the zone blitz wasn’t even a concept. How is that experience even relevant when discussing CFB in 2023? We ran the Wing T and had like 3 defensive coverages. There’s plenty of guys I played with who wouldn’t even know what a bubble screen is today.

The glory years are great to relive and all, and if you’ve got a good Al Bundy story I’m all ears, but it’s pretty comical that 4 touchdowns you scored in the homecoming game back in 1978 makes you Kirk Herbstreit today.
CAUSE BIGGS SAYS SO!

Expect him to challenge you to a duel.

You, Biggs and sponge focus on the outliers, and don't consider whether the runs that pop are set up by the bubble screens. Plus, I will say for approximately the millionth time, the Air Raid is a PASSING OFFENSE. THAT'S WHAT IT IS. THAT MEANS THE BALL WILL BE THROWN. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. EVEN IF DOING SO IS NOT "CONVENTIONAL." GO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FULLBACK DIVE ON THE NAVY FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.

From what I saw, if you want to complain about bad coaching you're totally barking up the wrong tree. I'd really like to know why there seemed to be zero improvement on the scramble drill, given that the OL was undisputedly terrible. I'd like to know why there was nearly zero mesh concept, despite some of these guys being able to run mesh concept asleep and blindfolded. On the defensive side the zone coverage was trash. Third and long = first down, like stealing candy from a baby.

Dude... everyone gets that the Air Raid is a passing offense.

What you don't get is situational football or that throwing the ball horizontally all the time does not work except.maybe in Texas high school football where they do it a lot.

You can also...god forbid...run the football in the Air Raid.

We get it. You want more bubble.

Thankfully Dickert and the New OC don't

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggsCoug
Dude... everyone gets that the Air Raid is a passing offense.

What you don't get is situational football or that throwing the ball horizontally all the time does not work except.maybe in Texas high school football where they do it a lot.

You can also...god forbid...run the football in the Air Raid.

We get it. You want more bubble.

Thankfully Dickert and the New OC don't
Does everyone include you, Biggs and Ed?

"Leach will never get it done here." - sponge

Reactions: acgcoug
Does everyone include you, Biggs and Ed?

"Leach will never get it done here." - sponge

All you have is a quote made 11 years ago after quite a few beers. Strange you remember what someone posts after all these years

I suggest getting a new hobby...and more knowledge about football.

Maybe you can message Arbuckle in Facebook and request more bubble during your mid afternoon drinking hour.

All you have is a quote made 11 years ago after quite a few beers. Strange you remember what someone posts after all these years

Maybe you can message Arbuckle in Facebook and request more bubble during your mid afternoon drinking hour.

never played football…

Reactions: spongeandshoot

I guess you have a terrible memory. If you want to talk about "who knows football" that's pretty much all we need to know about you.

Internet tough guy...

If you are looking for a confrontation, you can have one. And we will find out who is the tough guy and who is not.

Funny thing you havent grasped yet. I dont care about jail. I dont care about consequences legally. I dont care about my health or yours. I just dont care any more. This is going on a decade now of you running your mouth. What are you gonna do when someone that gives zero shits any more enters your life? Maybe you should think about that.

If you are looking for a confrontation, you can have one. And we will find out who is the tough guy and who is not.

Funny thing you havent grasped yet. I dont care about jail. I dont care about consequences legally. I dont care about my health or yours. I just dont care any more. This is going on a decade now of you running your mouth. What are you gonna do when someone that gives zero shits any more enters your life? Maybe you should think about that.
I've been threatened by people much scarier than you. If you don't care about legal consequences, go ahead and follow through on your threat.

I've been threatened by people much scarier than you. If you don't care about legal consequences, go ahead and follow through on your threat.
Gibby, I think our pal Biggsy has become a little unhinged. I sure as F- am not going to prod him. And having met him once, I'm pretty sure he could and would beat the shit out of you. Tread lightly - although having a lawyer get his ass kicked does not trouble me at all.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT