ADVERTISEMENT

Apple's going "big" on Sports (bidding on NBA)

And here you have the PAC league to help work out the marketing & performance kinks. Agree, ttown. I like this announcement.

As long as the NBA requires Ernie, Chuck, Kenny and Shaq to go along with the Apple deal, that's fine.

Apple has a lot of cash. They can innovate. I never thought Apple Music would take off, but it did. We are on that same curve for entertainment and sports programming.

Apple will be a great partner moving forward.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Apple has a lot of cash. They can innovate. I never thought Apple Music would take off, but it did. We are on that same curve for entertainment and sports programming.

Apple will be a great partner moving forward.

Great news T-Town Coug.

How soon will this get announced.

There are a couple worrywarts and Nervous Nelly's over at Brand X who keep talking about Colorado and Arizona leaving for the Big 12?

Why would those two schools do that when they could be part of a deal with one of the richest companies in the world?

Great news T-Town Coug.

There are a couple worrywarts and Nervous Nelly's over at Brand X who keep talking about Colorado and Arizona leaving for the Big 12?

Why would those two schools do that when they could be part of a deal with one of the richest companies in the world?

That's why I don't buy the noise out there. UCLA and USC kept their interest in leaving VERY quiet. The "noise" and the "leaks" don't make any sense.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
I don't want a Goddam Iphone. I don't even want a phone. F- I just want to turn on the TV and watch our Cougs. Or maybe get my lazy ass off the couch and go to a game again.

Loyal, maybe you just need to get back in circulation big guy.

Hook up with a couple of your drinking buddies and pay a visit to some of the soccer moms or grandma's watching their little ones at the parks and recs locations in your area.

No telling what kind of gold you might strike

Great news T-Town Coug.

It depends on the money.

If we get a lower figure with the promise of larger payday on renewal if this works, I can see schools being less than enthusiastic about it. If Apple's concept works, they'll be in the driver's seat to add whatever sports content they so desire by the time we are up for renewal. Notre Dame, Big-10, SEC etc. In addition to pro-sports.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
It depends on the money.

If we get a lower figure with the promise of larger payday on renewal if this works, I can see schools being less than enthusiastic about it. If Apple's concept works, they'll be in the driver's seat to add whatever sports content they so desire by the time we are up for renewal. Notre Dame, Big-10, SEC etc. In addition to pro-sports.
I'm guessing a guaranteed amount with bonuses at various eyeball (and perhaps advertising) metrics. Were I Apple, that is how I would structure it. Essentially, salary plus commission for the PAC in this new venture. With a pretty nice bonus structure to incentivize the schools to get their fans on board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT