ADVERTISEMENT

***ASU @ WSU GAME THREAD***

One thing I'm looking forward to is getting good enough to get national recognition.

Not so much that we're top of mind - just hoping we will soon stop being confused for "Washington".

Dom with a drop already - staring into the sun though.

One great down so far for the defense - otherwise tackling is looking EXTREMELY poor. ASU has marched down 70 yards for a TD on their first possession. Really grim.

Back to back 3-and-outs to open the game. I don't know if it's a scheme thing or a motivation thing, but both sides of the ball look utterly flat. Oh, and Charme again unable to flip the field. ASU starts with great field position on the 35 with a 35-yard boot.

But it's early...

Catch the ball on your side, make them need to throw on theirs. They keep getting cute on first down- quit letting them run for eight on second.

14-0 Arizona State.

Sun Devils putting on an absolute clinic.

One more score and this one might be out of reach. Same old Cougs? Let's hope not.

I suppose I should not be surprised, but neither side of the ball looks like they have even seen film on ASU. Sad we crap the bed every time they show up.

EXCELLENT!!

D with a 4th down and goal stop. Shoutout Luani.

Now O - get off your ASS and do something!!

Can we use the RBs?

13 pass attempts with 1 run. Take the pressure off... sometimes I think CML is like an impatient tween playing Madden.

If nothing else, holding them out and getting some first downs helps some

That's twice now that Luke has thrown well behind RBs. He just looks rattled whenever he sees pressure.

Marks with the conversion though - this kid is a workhorse. Cracraft too when he gets rolling.

I would rather go FG, but ultimately we need TDs.....please.......

14-0 Arizona State.

Sun Devils putting on an absolute clinic.

One more score and this one might be out of reach. Same old Cougs? Let's hope not.
Very disappointed that Luke has not learned better how to handle blitz packages. He's experienced now.

This is Leach/Falk's worst offensive play calling game. Playing right into ASUs hands by dropping back every down. Falk needs to release some pressure by dialing up runs and screens. He's getting hit hard.

This is Leach/Falk's worst offensive play calling game. Playing right into ASUs hands by dropping back every down. Falk needs to release some pressure by dialing up runs and screens. He's getting hit hard.
True. We're passing 83% of the time. Again, not looking for 50/50, but give yourself a chance by not giving them a blitzing target 4+ out of every 5 plays.

Who was the dork from WSU who jumped on the pile near the first line, pushing the ASU RB nearer to the first down? I mean please!

Also, hey Grinch? THEY'RE LOOKING FOR A SIDELINE THROW ON EVERY SINGLE 3RD DOWN. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET ON THAT.

We just started the 2nd quarter and we've already given up over 100 yards on the ground. I'm just waiting for some optimist to dive in and tell me how that represent improvement. The holes they're opening up you could drive a convoy through.

WSU with the turnover. I'm going to drive from NYC to Pullman right now if we don't get points on this turnover.

Marks is inching closer and closer to the school receptions record. What is it, 6 more catches before he takes it?

Clearly our coaching staff was looking at the pass defense statistics for ASU and not looking at what's working on the field. Luke has an LB in his face on every play and we're still throwing on 80% of downs.

I'm just scratching my head. Throwing 80% of the time, and when we do hand off for a run, it's a 3rd and 8. I mean for crissake, what is the strategy here?

I'm just scratching my head. Throwing 80% of the time, and when we do hand off for a run, it's a 3rd and 8. I mean for crissake, what is the strategy here?
No kidding. I am hating this game. We should not be surprised at anything ASU is doing defensively.

With that call, life just gave us lemonade. What will we do with it?
To answer my own question, we will score 7.

14-10 Devils. Cougs making a comeback on a call I still don't understand. I kind of understand Graham's frustration.

That said, Graham's a f---ing cheater, so I've got boo to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT