ADVERTISEMENT

***ASU @ WSU GAME THREAD***

To answer my own question, we will score 7.

14-10 Devils. Cougs making a comeback on a call I still don't understand. I kind of understand Graham's frustration.

That said, Graham's a f---ing cheater, so I've got boo to say.
Blew the whistle assuming he was headed out of bounds, didn't go out.

I don't quite understand what just happened there but... let the record show: an apparently awful P12 refs accident went our way. Don't say they never did anything for us.

Back on D and the tackling is looking GROSS still. I still haven't seen a play where a Sun Devil has gone down on first contact. It takes a minimum of 2, and a maximum of 10, Cougars to bring down a Devil.

Wow, we just dodged one hell of a bullet there with the wide open TE letting that one hit the turf.

We can't stop their run, but we can obstruct it enough to let Bercovici make mistakes.

Big third down... run?

Wow. Luke is COMPLETELY unable to handle the pressure. There is no way they are simultaneously blitzing and locking up all receivers downfield. Luke is panicking and taking off, taking a sack, or throwing it away... not staying calm, stepping up and making the throw.

BTW Simone is having himself a game for ASU. Hey Cougs? Please don't give him the satisfaction.

Wow. Luke is COMPLETELY unable to handle the pressure. There is no way they are simultaneously blitzing and locking up all receivers downfield. Luke is panicking and taking off, taking a sack, or throwing it away... not staying calm, stepping up and making the throw.

BTW Simone is having himself a game for ASU. Hey Cougs? Please don't give him the satisfaction.
Like I've said, Luke is an experienced QB now. He should have been ready for this game and what ASU has thrown his way. He's not handling it well. Maybe he'll gather himself for a much better second half. This game is killing me!

It's frustrating that sacks count against rush yards, they've actually done that reasonably well. Let's see some halftime adjustments.
Agreed. And it's not even just that. It's when rushes are being used. 3rd and 8? WHY?! Throw 65-70% of the time and go get yourself 9 YPC rushing instead of throwing 80% of the time, taking sacks and audibling to a run on 3rd and long.

For you guys who coached, played, or simply know the game better than I do....would there be merit in keeping in a blocking back to help give Luke more time? I know we trade a receiver and make it easier to cover all the patterns, but I'd like to think with more time, Marks or Williams, etc...might still get themselves open and Falk would have the necessary time to get them the ball. Just a thought. I've never been successful in landing a coaching job...and probably with good reason!

Glad Cougar

I am about to lose my DAMN mind.

On EVERY single 3rd down ASU has thrown to the sideline with a screen. I thought about it right before they converted once more with the EXACT same play.

GRINCH, I CAN SEE IT AND I DON'T KNOW S---. WHY CAN'T YOU?!

As I write, we had Bercovici dead to rights and just let him convert.

I am about to lose my DAMN mind.

On EVERY single 3rd down ASU has thrown to the sideline with a screen. I thought about it right before they converted once more with the EXACT same play.

GRINCH, I CAN SEE IT AND I DON'T KNOW S---. WHY CAN'T YOU?!

As I write, we had Bercovici dead to rights and just let him convert.

Yep. Same frustration here.

This better be setting up for someone to jump that play and go for six- at least half of their completions have to be WR screens.

Someone needs to explain that to me - there is now a penalty for "interacting with the crowd"? Did I hear that right?

If so, I'm about to go kidnap the rulemakers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT