ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon: Gordon at #7 for Best QB Debuts

IMO he was #2 on the list. Passing for 200 some odd yards doesn't impress me.

Gordon looked real good, and could win us 10+ games, he will be one of the top 3 passers in the nation, its' up to the D to make the rest happen. First test will be Houston, their QB King, will cause our defense fits. Grinch is very familiar with the Air Raid, and one could argue that OU has more talent on D than the Cougs, and Houston put up 31 points on Grinch's D.

Gordon looked real good, and could win us 10+ games, he will be one of the top 3 passers in the nation, its' up to the D to make the rest happen. First test will be Houston, their QB King, will cause our defense fits. Grinch is very familiar with the Air Raid, and one could argue that OU has more talent on D than the Cougs, and Houston put up 31 points on Grinch's D.

I wasn't impressed with Houston at all. It was 42-17 at the start of the 4th quarter. Let's not make garbage time more than what it is.

UH should be more concerned with running with WSU's receivers. They couldn't run with OU's, they aren't gonna run with WSU's.

I wasn't impressed with Houston at all. It was 42-17 at the start of the 4th quarter. Let's not make garbage time more than what it is.

UH should be more concerned with running with WSU's receivers. They couldn't run with OU's, they aren't gonna run with WSU's.
Yeah our receiving corp compares favorably to the top teams in the nation. Houston DBs will have their hands full. Not only that, they have to account for our stud RB in Borghi.

Yeah our receiving corp compares favorably to the top teams in the nation. Houston DBs will have their hands full. Not only that, they have to account for our stud RB in Borghi.

The issue that I could see happening is the WSU offense forcing teams to throw the ball to catch up. Which is fine if the DBs are lined up right and in the right place AND the DL has a pass rush.

The issue that I could see happening is the WSU offense forcing teams to throw the ball to catch up. Which is fine if the DBs are lined up right and in the right place AND the DL has a pass rush.
Concur.... Our DBs had some trouble in the beginning of the game but as it progressed, Claeys made great adjustments and the DBs played better. Marsh seemed to play well for his first start. Not sure if that he will continue to be the starter going forward but I definitely liked what I saw out of him. Isom was a stud. He was everywhere during that game. I think he and Beekman will be a force as the season wears on. We already know how awesome Strong is, so no need to really mention his play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT