ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Cooper QB commits

Nice, very nice, to hear that. Those of you who know far more than I do about Xs & Os , techniques and that sort of thing apparently feel that he was the best choice of the QBs available. Now maybe he can start drawing in some of those well regarded receivers the staff has offered. Thanks for the heads-up, ElC.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Nice, very nice, to hear that. Those of you who know far more than I do about Xs & Os , techniques and that sort of thing apparently feel that he was the best choice of the QBs available. Now maybe he can start drawing in some of those well regarded receivers the staff has offered. Thanks for the heads-up, ElC.

He can run as well as throw. He's the second consecutive QB recruit who can move.

Not an expert but he was the QB I wanted out of the 3 with offers from the start. White is definitely good but Cooped seeemed like the better fit.

Same here. The only "near commit" with as good of sophomore highlights would be Brett Rypien. This guy had all the signs as a sophomore.

He had some pretty good offers to choose from.....Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Arizona State. Great pickup! Now, let's keep him in the Coug Family.

Glad Cougar

He had some pretty good offers to choose from.....Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Arizona State. Great pickup! Now, let's keep him in the Coug Family.

Glad Cougar
Exactly. I find it more useful to look at who else is offering than at the "star" rating from the scouting sites. i.e. how the various staffs evaluate a player opposed to how a couple of websites do. Usually they coincide. In this case, not so much. Some others were rated higher but Cooper was more highly regarded and recruited than others with more "stars". And, yes, let's keep on him and keep him. I'm 99% certain that we will but was 99% certain that we would beat Portland State too, so there's that.

Also note that Mele was mentioned as one of the main contacts with him. That guy has been doing a hell of a job at recruiting. So, welcome to the Coug family, Cooper and hats off to Mele.

Good get and from his offer list, has to be one of the biggest gets in Leach's tenure here at Wazzu.

It's amazing at the damage that a bad decision can do to a kid's fortunes. When Connor Neville originally verballed to WSU, there were a lot of excited people and some that questioned whether or not he would be better than Hilinski. One poor decision with his cell phone later and you get the feeling that few people will be that torn up if he fails. I hope that Neville uses it to fuel his personal fire and to be the best that he can be.

I am happy to see a guy of Cooper's caliber commit to WSU. Not landing a QB in the 2016 class meant that getting a couple good QB's back to back was important.

It's amazing at the damage that a bad decision can do to a kid's fortunes. When Connor Neville originally verballed to WSU, there were a lot of excited people and some that questioned whether or not he would be better than Hilinski. One poor decision with his cell phone later and you get the feeling that few people will be that torn up if he fails. I hope that Neville uses it to fuel his personal fire and to be the best that he can be.

I am happy to see a guy of Cooper's caliber commit to WSU. Not landing a QB in the 2016 class meant that getting a couple good QB's back to back was important.

Absolutely, but there are a lot of things in life like that. Not calling a cab when you've had a few, being a tested athlete and taking supplements that are tainted, thinking you can get away with forgetting a condom that one time ... when you're at or near adult age, acts/omissions start to matter a lot more. I understand and agree with your point, though, that if it weren't for the cell phone thing, a lot of people would be a lot more excited about Neville. I'm with you on hoping he uses that as motivation and works his ass off.

Sounds like former 4* QB Ian Book, who decommitted from WSU for the 2016 class, is buried at Notre Dame.

And I still don't understand the thoughts of UW or quite frankly both the 5* QB's Colson Yankoff and Jacob Sirmon in the same class together at UW.

What an odd time & place to rehash that take.

Sounds like former 4* QB Ian Book, who decommitted from WSU for the 2016 class, is buried at Notre Dame.

And I still don't understand the thoughts of UW or quite frankly both the 5* QB's Colson Yankoff and Jacob Sirmon in the same class together at UW.

I think there's some thought Sirmon might not end up at UW. Not sure how current or accurate that is though.

I think there's some thought Sirmon might not end up at UW. Not sure how current or accurate that is though.

You think Sirmon and not Yankoff? I dunno, him being a Seattle kid and showing up on campus to go over film with Sir Pete tells me he's all-in. I think he's a January enrollee too. Either way, odd two big time kids from the same area are on the same page.

Little Peter is planning a new "double pistol" offense. It will all workout fine....

Reactions: froropmkr72
You think Sirmon and not Yankoff? I dunno, him being a Seattle kid and showing up on campus to go over film with Sir Pete tells me he's all-in. I think he's a January enrollee too. Either way, odd two big time kids from the same area are on the same page.

Well, it would make sense that the 1st QB would be the one to look around, since the 2nd QB committed knowing the first one was there.

But, I had heard Sirmon had a family member, an uncle maybe, that was hired at one of the other schools that offered him, Louisville maybe. So, there was some thought he might flip there, especially with Yankoff committing.

This just rumor from a UW fan I know. I don't follow their recruiting close enough to say one way or another.

Heck, maybe they both end up there. It's odd, but not totally unheard of.

What an odd time & place to rehash that take.

The only reason why I mentioned it is that for the most part, people seem to have written Neville off as a guy who makes bad decisions and there has been nearly zero excitement about him since that bad choice was made. After reading your post, I questioned my recollection so I did a search on this board and there were plenty of posters suggesting on signing day that they can't get over the bad choice. For that reason, it makes the commitment by Cooper appear more important than normal even if it really isn't.

The only reason why I mentioned it is that for the most part, people seem to have written Neville off as a guy who makes bad decisions and there has been nearly zero excitement about him since that bad choice was made. After reading your post, I questioned my recollection so I did a search on this board and there were plenty of posters suggesting on signing day that they can't get over the bad choice. For that reason, it makes the commitment by Cooper appear more important than normal even if it really isn't.

I understand your point, just a strange time & place to bring it up.

No one has mentioned Neville in this thread, and the post you quoted was about Cooper's offer sheet, which (even though no one brought it up) is quite a bit better than Neville's was.

And if there's a lack of buzz about Neville right now, it probably has something to do with the fact he committed 13 months ago and isn't on campus yet.

I understand your point, just a strange time & place to bring it up.

No one has mentioned Neville in this thread, and the post you quoted was about Cooper's offer sheet, which (even though no one brought it up) is quite a bit better than Neville's was.

And if there's a lack of buzz about Neville right now, it probably has something to do with the fact he committed 13 months ago and isn't on campus yet.

Ok?

just to take it completely in that direction... it doesn't seem like what neville is accused of doing is going to follow him in any substantive way. it would be quite a lot different if there were any reporting (local or otherwise) at all on it, but to my knowledge there isn't. by the time he's a factor (if he ever becomes a factor), it won't even be on most people's radars. i doubt most people even care much now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT