ADVERTISEMENT

Cammon Cooper Workout Video

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
The training center where Cougs QB Cammon Cooper is working out says CC has a 40-inch vertical leap and throws a football 66 mph.

The training center where Cougs QB Cammon Cooper is working out says CC has a 40-inch vertical leap and throws a football 66 mph.

Vertical jumps are not measured with a running start. What he did in the video, if that is how he tested at 40", is not a vertical jump test. Testing at the NFL combine 40" and what he did there are nothing alike.

Show me a video of him standing still and testing at 40" and Im a believer. That video there is fake news.

Reactions: random soul
Vertical jumps are not measured with a running start. What he did in the video, if that is how he tested at 40", is not a vertical jump test. Testing at the NFL combine 40" and what he did there are nothing alike.

Show me a video of him standing still and testing at 40" and Im a believer. That video there is fake news.

Correct. There's not a chance in hell CC has a vertical jump of 40 inches. That is rarified air (pardon the pun).

http://www.homeexerciseequipmenthq.com/who-has-the-highest-vertical-jump-in-nba-history/

There's another measurement called the vertical leap - which includes a running start. CC 'might' have hit 40 inches but I'd have to see the measuring tape with my own eyes to believe it. That's huge air. Vince Carter was 43 inches for comparison.

http://www.homeexerciseequipmenthq.com/highest-vertical-jump/

Agreed, and furthermore, I don’t think those measurables mean anything to Leach. How’s his accuracy? How are his reads and decision making? Without that, he won’t see the field.

Agreed, and furthermore, I don’t think those measurables mean anything to Leach. How’s his accuracy? How are his reads and decision making? Without that, he won’t see the field.

If he had a legit 40" vertical leap, the average athleticism that goes along with that... he wouldn't be buried on the depth chart. They'd be trying to get him on the field somewhere as he would likely be the BEST athlete on the team.

If he had a legit 40" vertical leap, the average athleticism that goes along with that... he wouldn't be buried on the depth chart. They'd be trying to get him on the field somewhere as he would likely be the BEST athlete on the team.

This video looks like a transfer portal contingency plan.

Reactions: Cougzz

I'm sure some remember Bryan Pollard from the Raveling days but he was known for his jumping ability. I remember someone (who tested him) told me that Pollard had one of the highest standing verticals that he had tested at that time and it was something like 32". When Pollard had a step I believe he said it went up to 40"+. Yeah, verticals are mostly BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: earldacoug
He would be on the basketball team

I'm sure some remember Bryan Pollard from the Raveling days but he could was known for his jumping ability. I remember someone (who tested him) told me that Pollard had one of the highest standing verticals that he had tested at that time and it was something like 32". When Pollard had a step I believe he said it went up to 40"+. Yeah, verticals are mostly BS.

I had a 32" vertical leap. Your numbers are off lol.

And no, verticals are not mostly BS. They are a tremendous indicator of the amount of force created against the ground and the velocity an athlete can move with.

I'm sure some remember Bryan Pollard from the Raveling days but he could was known for his jumping ability. I remember someone (who tested him) told me that Pollard had one of the highest standing verticals that he had tested at that time and it was something like 32". When Pollard had a step I believe he said it went up to 40"+. Yeah, verticals are mostly BS.

Pollard was a two foot jumper and he had hops. I believe it was his tip in circa 1983 that beat UCLA at the buzzer. He was fun too watch....and yes I agree verticals are largely BS.

I was thinking Pollard's vertical was more like 40 or 42. I remember a photo from the the Virginia game where it stated Pollard's vertical jump of XX was no help against 7'4" Sampson. In the picture Pollard is right on the baseline under the backboard, and Sampson, standing, had his fingers touching the backboard.

Can he catch? If not he’d be a schmuck that can jump high.

There is probably more time to teach him how to catch than teach him how to shoot a jumper. I would assume as a QB that simply by playing catch he had to develop some hands catching the ball being returned to him to throw. He hasn't always had a guy standing next to him catching for him.

Reactions: Slowmotionjones
There is probably more time to teach him how to catch than teach him how to shoot a jumper. I would assume as a QB that simply by playing catch he had to develop some hands catching the ball being returned to him to throw. He hasn't always had a guy standing next to him catching for him.
I’m just saying if he can’t do either, he’s a regular joe with hops

I had a 32" vertical leap. Your numbers are off lol.

And no, verticals are not mostly BS. They are a tremendous indicator of the amount of force created against the ground and the velocity an athlete can move with.
By "BS" I mean for the most part reported verticals aren't standing verticals.

I've always thought the vertical should be measured twice. The standing vertical might be relevant for rebounders and for receivers who post up in the corner of the endzone, but for most plays (both on the court and on the gridiron) it's more relevant to see how high they can get with a running start.

Who cares. He'd dunk every time.

Beyond all the quibbling over what constitutes a vertical jump, Cooper appears to have added some upper body muscle, particularly the shoulders. That tells me he's working hard. Whether it ends up paying off at WSU or elsewhere, he's doing the right thing. Good for him. And thanks for putting up the video, Scott.

Last edited:
By my estimation, there are at least 6,7,8 different threads he's on right now.
IF YOU DIVIDE THAT BY THE...

ehhhh, screw it. not worth the effort.
There is one thing that I believe mikalas is the tops on this site. Typing. He has to be the fastest typist by far, perhaps a five star typist.

At least a high 4, 4.5, low 5 star and I am 43,44,45,46,47,48 maybe 49% sure of that.

P.S. pizzagate is real and am middle of the road.
Yes, Pizzagate is real. If by real you mean that a right wing nut reading and listening to other right wing nuts thought that the Clinton's and Podesta's were running an international child sex ring out of a pizzeria and brought gun, took hostages, all the while searching through the shop looking for children that didn't exist, then yes, it is totally real.

Reactions: random soul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT