ADVERTISEMENT

Chun

Can't blame any of them. I thought Chun would pursue the Ohio State job. As far as I'm concerned he's been the best AD we've had for a long long time. Wonder what's in Ethridge's head?

Can't blame any of them. I thought Chun would pursue the Ohio State job. As far as I'm concerned he's been the best AD we've had for a long long time. Wonder what's in Ethridge's head?
Pretty sure Chun wanted and interviewed for the tOSU job. Could be wrong about that though.

I thought both Smith and Ethridge were great hires at the time and both exceeded my expectations. Great fits for us. Personally, I'll be pleasantly shocked if Ethridge is back. To do what's she has done in this conference with virtually no really support in comparison to the rest of the conference is off the charts.

Pretty sure Chun wanted and interviewed for the tOSU job. Could be wrong about that though.

I thought both Smith and Ethridge were great hires at the time and both exceeded my expectations. Great fits for us. Personally, I'll be pleasantly shocked if Ethridge is back. To do what's she has done in this conference with virtually no really support in comparison to the rest of the conference is off the charts.
You’re not wrong. They were preparing for his departure when osu opened up. That was his dream job.

BX article by Jim Moore rips on Chun.

"Yesterday this guy was saying "Go Cougs" and a day later it's "Go Dawgs?" No sir, that doesn't work for us Cougs. You could have taken any job anywhere else but the one on Montlake. And you took it anyway.

He'll justify it by saying some B.S. given to him by a public relations firm or sports information guy at Washington. And while he's spewing his full-of-bleep story, he'll be standing behind a podium wearing a purple tie and beaming like a damn peacock."

Just saw Pat's introductory media conference on P12 network. Despite all of the sunshine pumping I thought he said something like "but I didn't want to be a co-commish of the "P12" conference..." Only when you have to deal with real adversity you find out who really loves & believes in your school & will always stick it out. Those who don't just bail. The OSU coach left Reser Stadium for M-State & he played his ball @ Reser Stadium. Both betrayls are counterproductive.

If Larry Scott was successful in June of '10, I wouldn't jump ship on my Big Cats any more than you would. If there is any integrity left in college athletics today now you have to beat the Dogfaces more than you want to beat the Dogfaces & Benny Beaver has to beat the Quacks.

Just saw Pat's introductory media conference on P12 network. Despite all of the sunshine pumping I thought he said something like "but I didn't want to be a co-commish of the "P12" conference..." Only when you have to deal with real adversity you find out who really loves & believes in your school & will always stick it out. Those who don't just bail. The OSU coach left Reser Stadium for M-State & he played his ball @ Reser Stadium. Both betrayls are counterproductive.

If Larry Scott was successful in June of '10, I wouldn't jump ship on my Big Cats any more than you would. If there is any integrity left in college athletics today now you have to beat the Dogfaces more than you want to beat the Dogfaces & Benny Beaver has to beat the Quacks.
A coach is different from an AD, imho.

If you literally don't have resources or respect as a coach, you can't be successful. OSU and WSU are obviously viewed as second class citizens by the P5 football world so staying with a program - and God bless CJD - is akin to career suicide if you have bigger aspirations.

Don't get me wrong - there's nothing wrong with being a successful G5 coach and still making more than most Americans make in their lifetime in a single year; I believe its an admirable and noble pursuit. Not everyone shares my sentiment though.

The AD position is a giant political circle-jerk that comes down to who you know. If what is being said about Chun is even half true, UW pres should have known about it before hiring him and should have passed. The thing is, UW pres doesn't gaf and is happy to hire another cronie to do a mediocre job and keep most of the fanbase placated. What is true is that under Chun UW will never see another playoff again, their giving will go down as well as their prestige.

A coach is different from an AD, imho.

If you literally don't have resources or respect as a coach, you can't be successful. OSU and WSU are obviously viewed as second class citizens by the P5 football world so staying with a program - and God bless CJD - is akin to career suicide if you have bigger aspirations.

Don't get me wrong - there's nothing wrong with being a successful G5 coach and still making more than most Americans make in their lifetime in a single year; I believe its an admirable and noble pursuit. Not everyone shares my sentiment though.

The AD position is a giant political circle-jerk that comes down to who you know. If what is being said about Chun is even half true, UW pres should have known about it before hiring him and should have passed. The thing is, UW pres doesn't gaf and is happy to hire another cronie to do a mediocre job and keep most of the fanbase placated. What is true is that under Chun UW will never see another playoff again, their giving will go down as well as their prestige.
As much as you don't like the Zags you have to credit HCMF for staying there even though it was always obvious to him that he would have greater resources & opportunities @ a P5 conference. He is the kind of class act we should have more of. You & Benny Beaver have to hire those kind of coaches & AD's.

As much as you don't like the Zags you have to credit HCMF for staying there even though it was always obvious to him that he would have greater resources & opportunities @ a P5 conference. He is the kind of class act we should have more of. You & Benny Beaver have to hire those kind of coaches & AD's.
Few is also the kind of class act that gets arrested for DUI and argues with police about it, essentially using the "Don't you know who I am?" card to try and avoid punishment. No thanks.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: acgcoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT