ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is so clutch.

He's fired. But seriously, this loss mostly on the Bama vaunted defense.
Scarborough going down hurt Bama for sure. Guy is a beast.

Yep. 31 points was a lot for Bama to get out of that offense. I'm sure if you'd told them they'd get 31 beforehand they'd have taken it.

Hardly on Sark. Bama was pretty limited in what they could do with the Freshman QB. I think they squeezed every yard they could against a really good Clemson D. Watson, Williams, and Renfrow just willed that team to victory against a damn near immovable object that was the Alabama D this year. That was fun to watch.

Bama scored what looked to be the winning TD. Just left too much time on the clock. Gotta blame that loss on the defense. 2:00 left and they couldn't hold them.

Bama scored what looked to be the winning TD. Just left too much time on the clock. Gotta blame that loss on the defense. 2:00 left and they couldn't hold them.

4:30 left with a lead, Sark calls 3 straight pass plays taking zero time off the clock.

Sark can shoulder some of the blame for the loss, especially when you consider the scored with 6 seconds left. What does that Clemson drive look like with 75-100 less seconds on the clock?

4:30 left with a lead, Sark calls 3 straight pass plays taking zero time off the clock.

Sark can shoulder some of the blame for the loss, especially when you consider the scored with 6 seconds left. What does that Clemson drive look like with 75-100 less seconds on the clock?
I guess in the fact that if he'd called every play perfectly the entire game they could have scored 50, but that doesn't happen unless you are the Patriots and you have the other teams headsets and locker room bugged. I wouldn't say Alabama was impressive on offense, but they have a QB who's limited in throwing, and they scored 31 against an impressive defense full of NFL players.

I'm not a huge Sark fan, but he's far down the list in who to blame for Bama. I don't think anyone's to blame really. Clemson wanted that game badly and took it.

I guess in the fact that if he'd called every play perfectly the entire game they could have scored 50, but that doesn't happen unless you are the Patriots and you have the other teams headsets and locker room bugged. I wouldn't say Alabama was impressive on offense, but they have a QB who's limited in throwing, and they scored 31 against an impressive defense full of NFL players.

I'm not a huge Sark fan, but he's far down the list in who to blame for Bama. I don't think anyone's to blame really. Clemson wanted that game badly and took it.

This isn't about calling draw or off tackle vs screen pass, its about football 101. Take time off of the clock in end of game situations when you know your opponent is going to get the ball back.

Further, Hurts was 13/31, whereas no one on Bama rushed for less than 5ypc (4.8 was the lowest) - run the goddamn ball. If nothing else you take ticks off the clock like I said. The probable outcome of that scenario is Clemson has to attempt a FG instead of getting what - 3? 4? good looks at the end zone.

That being said, Clemson played like a team with a destiny, so it might not have mattered, but if I were a Bama fan I want my coach running it 3 times in that situation. Or at least twice.

Saban's last two hires at OC were SC guys. What plays did he think they were gonna call??? That ball is going up regardless of how much time is on the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT