ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton Allen

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
6-2- 220. Gotta a little pumped watching this guy block. He's got to wait for many balls from his QB, but looks like Vince Mayle.

Last edited:
You can't tell from this film because he's always waiting for the ball downfield and only has to be in certain spots where the ball is thrown. He has good acceleration.How can you tell from this film? According to this he's the 7th rated WR who hasn't signed yet.Two time All-American who has really produced.

http://gridironrr.com/teams/default.asp?u=GRIDIRONRR&s=football&p=custom&pagename=JUCO+WR+Rankings

I dont think he is sudden enough. He looked slow off the ball to me. If theyre looking for a bigger body maybe.

He will catch a ton of balls where ever he goes. If he lacks much in twitch he will make up for it with great timing and sense of space. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had played 3 other sports

Other MOST IMPORTANT factor is 2 TWO TIME ALL AMERICAN, AND 7TH BEST WR IN THE NATION THAT IS STILL UNSIGNED.

Altho tho it does matter, in a way it doesnt matter what his other measurables are.

All that really matters is that he is a 2 time All American.

Somewhere between Most to Almost All 2 time All Americans, that are the 7th rated in Nation at their position are high end 3 star at worst to lowest end 5 star.

These are the guys that the Bama's want. These are usually guys that usually do extremely well in P5 FBS football.

So altho this guy may not have all the measurables, you take the chance.

He will probably be a Craycraft, Steve Largent, 2nd Down, 3rd Down, TE like in the Slot, that can block for RB, for WR, RB Screens, get open in the zones 8 to 17 yards deep in the middle of tbe field and then PUNISH Safeties, Cornerbacks after the catch. Probably will be a little like Mayle.

Also the cougs would be lucky to get this guy.

Wouldnt be surprised if signed, played for a Bama type college.

You can't tell from this film because he's always waiting for the ball downfield and only has to be in certain spots where the ball is thrown. He has good acceleration.How can you tell from this film? According to this he's the 7th rated WR who hasn't signed yet.Two time All-American who has really produced.
I dont think he is sudden enough. He looked slow off the ball to me. If theyre looking for a bigger body maybe.
I think he has an appointment with Leach...so he sees something there. I'm sure it's not off this film though. He's working on going from 12 times 225 to 20 on the bench.

Gotta love a slot built like a HB. I can forgive a bit of speed if he can run a great route, so long as he has hands. If he has all 3 we can put him in the NFL.

Pretty stacked in upperclassmen WR’s. Unless he has 3 for 2 I would use a scholly elsewhere

How many Multiple year All American's does WSU get per year? How many 5 stars does WSU get per year(not saying kid a 5 star)?

I don't know the exact answer, but I do know that it's extremely rare, that WSU ever gets a multiple year All American, or a 5 star.

When your BAMA, you can afford to turn away a 5 star, or a multiple year All American.

Not so if your WSU. If your WSU you MAKE room, find a way to fit, or take 1 less position player somewhere else, in order to sign that 5 star, or Multiple Year All American.

If WSU turns away a 5 star or a Multiple year All American, that is able to get into WSU, and that 5 star, All American goes somewhere else, wins the Heisman, Goes as the First Pick of 1st Round of NFL draft, the team goes to the championship, the player goes to NFL Hall of Fame, etc, WSU at the very least gets egg all over the face of WSU, coaches. At worst, say that WSU had a 5-7 season, that could have been a 10-3 season if the 5 star, All American not turned away, at least, future recruiting is impacted.

And signing a 5 star, Multiple Year All Americans, helps recruiting. It can show recruits that WSU is a place 4 stars, 5 stars, All Americans can, will go, that there is no reason for the 4 star, 5 star, All American to go elsewhere because supposedly 4 stars, 5 stars, All Americans Dont go to WSU.

5 Stars, Multiple year All Americans Dont grow on trees, they are extremely rare, and when you are a WSU, you sign one if you have the chance.

Only the BAMA type Colleges turn down 5 stars, Multiple Year All Americans.

And WSU is not a BAMA type college.

And thats why WSU, Leach is looking to, probably will sign this 2 year All American.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I trust our coaches ability to evaluate players over the folks who make JC all American lists. Kid only has three G5 offers as a 2 time JC All American. He's not flying under the radar, but a lot of schools not in the BAMA category haven't bothered to offer him. Says a lot.

Reactions: kougkurt
Kurt, you bring up a good point. If he is 3 to play 2 then he looks like someone we want. If 2 to play 2 there are more questions.

Reactions: kougkurt
All American JC is like being the 'tallest dwarf'.

Aaron Rodgers

warren moon

Larry Allen

O.J. Simpson (yeah, I know)

Mike Rozier

Keyshawn Johnson

Walter Jones

Frank Gifford

Roger Staubach

Cam Newton

Headed back to library to research "tall dwarfs who were also great football players."

Aaron Rodgers

warren moon

Larry Allen

O.J. Simpson (yeah, I know)

Mike Rozier

Keyshawn Johnson

Walter Jones

Frank Gifford

Roger Staubach

Cam Newton

Headed back to library to research "tall dwarfs who were also great football players."

You are missing the point.

How many Multiple year All American's does WSU get per year? How many 5 stars does WSU get per year(not saying kid a 5 star)?

I don't know the exact answer, but I do know that it's extremely rare, that WSU ever gets a multiple year All American, or a 5 star.

When your BAMA, you can afford to turn away a 5 star, or a multiple year All American.

Not so if your WSU. If your WSU you MAKE room, find a way to fit, or take 1 less position player somewhere else, in order to sign that 5 star, or Multiple Year All American.

If WSU turns away a 5 star or a Multiple year All American, that is able to get into WSU, and that 5 star, All American goes somewhere else, wins the Heisman, Goes as the First Pick of 1st Round of NFL draft, the team goes to the championship, the player goes to NFL Hall of Fame, etc, WSU at the very least gets egg all over the face of WSU, coaches. At worst, say that WSU had a 5-7 season, that could have been a 10-3 season if the 5 star, All American not turned away, at least, future recruiting is impacted.

And signing a 5 star, Multiple Year All Americans, helps recruiting. It can show recruits that WSU is a place 4 stars, 5 stars, All Americans can, will go, that there is no reason for the 4 star, 5 star, All American to go elsewhere because supposedly 4 stars, 5 stars, All Americans Dont go to WSU.

5 Stars, Multiple year All Americans Dont grow on trees, they are extremely rare, and when you are a WSU, you sign one if you have the chance.

Only the BAMA type Colleges turn down 5 stars, Multiple Year All Americans.

And WSU is not a BAMA type college.

And thats why WSU, Leach is looking to, probably will sign this 2 year All American.
I hope so. He might not be a burner but he’s physical and will block, high points the hell out of the ball, and uses his body really well. Seems like he’d be a great fit in this offense. Love these hybrid types, they are tough matchups when they have those ball skills. Don’t need to run a 4.5.

If WSU turns away a 5 star or a Multiple year All American, that is able to get into WSU, and that 5 star, All American goes somewhere else, wins the Heisman, Goes as the First Pick of 1st Round of NFL draft, the team goes to the championship, the player goes to NFL Hall of Fame, etc, WSU at the very least gets egg all over the face of WSU, coaches.
Boy that would be embarrassing if the coaches didn’t pick that guy up. How could you even consider not going after a future Heisman/1st pick/Super Bowl champ/HOFer? We’d look pretty silly indeed.

Boy that would be embarrassing if the coaches didn’t pick that guy up. How could you even consider not going after a future Heisman/1st pick/Super Bowl champ/HOFer? We’d look pretty silly indeed.

He's probably the greatest player of all time. Amazing NFL teams aren't trying to draft him directly out of JC. We will look stupid if this multi-year AA/Future SB champ/atonement for the world's sins goes elsewhere. SCRAMBLED EGG all over your face WSU!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT