ADVERTISEMENT

Cody, what is the problem?

Loiled...
images

F-you, you POS.

Tron, you do realize that the accomplishments of the last 3 years are based on more than the efforts of your beloved 2014 class, right? Let's review the 2017 depth chart, since you are too stupid to do the math yourself.

QB: 2013
RB: 2013
X: 2015
Y: 2015
LT: 2014 (yay! you got one!)
LG: 2013
C: 2016
RG: 2013
LT: 2013
H: 2013
Z: 2016

Jesus Christ! After reviewing the offense, it's almost like the 2014 class had nothing to do with the success of our football team this year on that side of the ball.

DE: 2015
NT: 2013
DT: 2014 (Hey! You got a second one!)
RUSH: 2014 (Holy Sh!t Dude, you are on a roll, that's three!)
WIL: 2013
MIKE: 2013
Nickel: 2015
CB: 2015
FS: 2016
SS: 2016
CB: 2014 (wow......four guys from the 2014 class)

So, in reviewing the 2017 team, we had the following number of guys from each class:

2013: 9
2014: 4
2015: 5
2016: 4

So, out of 22 starters, 18 of them were from other classes and only the 2016 class doesn't beat the 2014 class in terms of starters and you can't blame them because it was only their second season with the team as opposed to the fourth year for those guys from 2014. As crazy as it is, it's almost like the 2013 class was the true basis of our success the last couple years.....not the 2014 class. If you want to dig down into the two deep and look at that, you'll find that the 2014 class fares even worse. Every time you post on this, it makes you look like a fool. I respect the guys from the 2014 class that did make a difference and I wish that the other guys in that class could have done more because I really want the best for our team and the guys that commit to it. Contrary to your fiction, that class is still a giant freakin' mess.

The dude was the biggest guy on our team but didn't start until his fourth season in the program. As we've heard ad nauseum, it wasn't like Wulff left Leach with a bunch of NFL talent that was starting ahead of Cody.

Leach brought in Cody in 2013, so I’m confused why you made this reference??

So, in reviewing the 2017 team, we had the following number of guys from each class:

Hahahaha hahahaha thanks for proving my point.

So out of 4 classes for the 22 players 4 are from 2014 or

40% 2013
18% 2014
22% 2015
18% 2016

Hahahahaha hahahahaha where are the 60% from 2013 flat? Guess 2013 is a disaster. Where are the 78% from 2015 guess it’s a disaster! Where is the 82% from 2016! Disaster!!

It’s almost as if only the best of the class makes it to the top for a contributing spot and not the entirety of the class... it’s almost as if no single class has more than 50% of the 22...

It’s like there is this magic thing called competition where the ones who can hack it and work the hardest and have the best of the best ability make it to the top spot...from all classes...

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahaha hahahaha thanks for proving my point.

So out of 4 classes for the 22 players 4 are from 2014 or

40% 2013
18% 2014
22% 2015
18% 2016

Hahahahaha hahahahaha where are the 60% from 2013 flat? Guess 2013 is a disaster. Where are the 78% from 2015 guess it’s a disaster! Where is the 82% from 2016! Disaster!!

It’s almost as if only the best of the class makes it to the top for a contributing spot and not the entirety of the class... it’s almost as if no single class has more than 50% of the 22...

It’s like there is this magic thing called competition where the ones who can hack it and work the hardest and have the best of the best ability make it to the top spot...from all classes...

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

In a perfect world, with good classes, we wouldn't have 9 guys in their first or second year starting. Hell, you hope that you only have that many in the entire two deep. The weakness of the 2014 class forced us to have several younger guys on the field. The fact that you can't get through your head is mind boggling. Of course, you're probably not that stupid....you're just being a troll. Either way, you look like an ignorant chump when you continue to insist that having 4 productive starters out of an entire class so far is "good".

When you include the two deep, here is the breakdown of the classes:

2013: 10
2014: 5
2015: 11
2016: 13
2017: 4

So, Mr. Doesn't Know a God Damned Thing About Football, when you look at the two deep, the total lack of contribution from the 2014 class really shows up. The 2017 class is almost up to par with the 2014 class already and they haven't even had the chance to wipe the water from behind their ears. Every time you respond to this thread, you just prove that you'd rather be a fool than admit that you're just plain wrong.

Last edited:
2013: 10
2014: 5
2015: 11
2016: 13
2017: 4

Hahahahaha

Okay so still in the 2 deep with 44 players not a single class. Not 1 has more than 13 players.

And 3 have 10 or fewer. Where are the other 12 plus from each class?!? Disaster!

It’s almost as if only a partial number of a class rises to the top and some don’t make it because the best of each class makes it to the two deep....

Your own post illustrates the “total disaster” “by all accounts” that you and Ed perpetuated is nothing more than a myth.

With 5 classes of 25 (yielding 125 players) how many did you honestly thing were going to be in the two deep from each class?

I’ll give you a hint... an FBS team can only have 85 scholarship players.

So out of that 125 guess what.... 40 over those 5 years aren’t expected to make it five years....because it’s actually impossible to do so.

Now if you evenly distribute that 40 attrition number over 5 classes that’s 8 players expected and more than likely attrition...because it is in the actual rules.

Which means over 5 year eligibility if you take 25 every year each class can only retain....17 players on scholarship.

That’s if every player stays all 5 years. Quite a rare feat that pretty much never happens.

Of those (17 x 5) = 85 scholarship players for the season they also are competing against walkons / preferred walkons for the coveted 44 player 2 deep.

Meaning that half the players aren’t even in the two deep (read not impacting the season)

So of the 17 players per class there is a good chance that half don’t make it to the contributor level. Leaving just on average 8 players who actually can make it to the two deep per class on average.

From 25....to just 8 (on average)

40 players over the 5 year span will have to transfer / be cut to bring the roster within compliance

50% of those who are remaining on scholarship will not make it into the two deep

Leaving just 8 players (it’s 8.5) on average per class over a 5 year span to make the two deep at impact.

From 2014 we have had 8 who have cracked the two deep

Hercules
Luvu
Harrington
Dillard
Hameeed (got injured)
Bender (was the backup and even started a game but transfered when he wasn’t the and behind Falk)
Singleton
Taylor comfort (will be playing this year)
Kingston Fernandez (will be playing this year)
Tapa (maybe? Who knows)

Which is 8 contributors which is what to expect + or minus a few because that's what is actually mathematically actually possible.

UW’s Starting 22 last year vs. Penn St in Fiesta Bowl

2012 = 1
2013 = 5
2014 = 6
2015 = 6
2016 = 4

WHAT A DISASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BY ALLL ACCOUNTS....

Tron.....are you drunk on a Wednesday night? Are you enjoying a little bit of your home grown stuff? Are you really a UW grad who's been trolling us the whole time and trying to appear stupid to besmirch the value of a WSU degree? Your lack of reading comprehension and critical thinking has me wondering. You ran through a bunch of math and talked about averages while ignoring the fact that in 2017, your beloved 2014 class was way below that average. Looking at your delusional list of guys who've made a difference at WSU:

Please don't act like Bender did anything meaningful at WSU besides holding a clipboard and wishing that he could hold Falk's jock strap. He played in a couple games because Falk was injured but he left because he knew that he was never going to see the field outside of that and knew that the younger guys were passing him on the depth chart soon. They benched his ass at Kansas because he wasn't good enough to lead even a terrible football team.

I had forgotten that Singleton greyshirted so I'll give you that one. He hasn't done anything so far, but he at least has two years left to change that.

Taylor Comfort? Really? Dude has one career tackle heading into his senior year. Please don't dumb down the conversation and pretend that he's been anything but a disappointment. It would be great if he kicks some tail as a senior, but really? You're going to hang your hat on a guy with one career tackle?

Fernandez is in the same boat as Comfort. Four career tackles after his junior season. If he and comfort are playing, it's only because we have no other options. The DL feels like it's 2009 again. I'm just hoping that they play better than that squad did. To be fair to these two guys, our recruiting of HS defensive line talent has sucked for a while since then too.

I was excited about Harrington and he showed promise out the gate in 2015 as a redshirt freshman. Unfortunately, it was obvious that he was not as good as Morrow, Wicks or Williams and at best, he will be playing in a backup role this year behind James Williams. He is a special teams stud and there's something to be said for that, but you and I both know that he's been a disappointment at the position that he was recruited to play. To be fair, he's had a lot of talent in front of him, but this year is his last shot to be anything more than a special teams guy.

Tapa isn't even on the damned roster right now and you have him listed as a maybe? You may need to see a chiropractor because you are going to hurt yourself reaching.

From the 2014 class, Hercules was a stud, Luvu has grown into being a pretty good player, and Dillard has been a great pickup for us. Hameed is one of those guys who's career ended because of injury (kind of like Williams from the 2010 class). Harrington has been a special teams stud so I'll give you that one. So far, that's FOUR guys who've contributed multiple seasons and one guy that "might have been". The other guys in your list are either gone or irrelevent so far. Singleton is the only one who's got time to really make a difference. I guess you are just trying to stick up for "the kids" and maybe you think that I'm a bully for picking on them, but come on, man! That class was terrible.

Reactions: Cougzz
I'm just excited about our athletics, in general. Our football program is in a space where we could make WSU football history this year. Our soccer team has continued to do very well despite coaching changes. Our volleyball team is doing well. Our baseball team is going to be getting new facilities in the VERY near future and I like the direction Lees is going with the team. Track recently took UW to task and won! Women's tennis has a spark. Rowing is a perennial…

You all can bitch and moan about HOW we got here, football specific. We all have our opinions, a lot like we all have… well, never mind on that saying. But anyways. I'm stoked to be a Coug.

Interesting debate, just wish it wouldn't get quite so personal. But tant pis, it is WazzuWatch… better this than censorship.

Hahahahaha

Okay so still in the 2 deep with 44 players not a single class. Not 1 has more than 13 players.

And 3 have 10 or fewer. Where are the other 12 plus from each class?!? Disaster!

It’s almost as if only a partial number of a class rises to the top and some don’t make it because the best of each class makes it to the two deep....

Your own post illustrates the “total disaster” “by all accounts” that you and Ed perpetuated is nothing more than a myth.

With 5 classes of 25 (yielding 125 players) how many did you honestly thing were going to be in the two deep from each class?

I’ll give you a hint... an FBS team can only have 85 scholarship players.

So out of that 125 guess what.... 40 over those 5 years aren’t expected to make it five years....because it’s actually impossible to do so.

Now if you evenly distribute that 40 attrition number over 5 classes that’s 8 players expected and more than likely attrition...because it is in the actual rules.

Which means over 5 year eligibility if you take 25 every year each class can only retain....17 players on scholarship.

That’s if every player stays all 5 years. Quite a rare feat that pretty much never happens.

Of those (17 x 5) = 85 scholarship players for the season they also are competing against walkons / preferred walkons for the coveted 44 player 2 deep.

Meaning that half the players aren’t even in the two deep (read not impacting the season)

So of the 17 players per class there is a good chance that half don’t make it to the contributor level. Leaving just on average 8 players who actually can make it to the two deep per class on average.

From 25....to just 8 (on average)

40 players over the 5 year span will have to transfer / be cut to bring the roster within compliance

50% of those who are remaining on scholarship will not make it into the two deep

Leaving just 8 players (it’s 8.5) on average per class over a 5 year span to make the two deep at impact.

From 2014 we have had 8 who have cracked the two deep

Hercules
Luvu
Harrington
Dillard
Hameeed (got injured)
Bender (was the backup and even started a game but transfered when he wasn’t the and behind Falk)
Singleton
Taylor comfort (will be playing this year)
Kingston Fernandez (will be playing this year)
Tapa (maybe? Who knows)

Which is 8 contributors which is what to expect + or minus a few because that's what is actually mathematically actually possible.

WHAT A DISASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BY ALLL ACCOUNTS....
Too funny....so do you really believe this class matches up with the 2012 and 2013 . So you would classify this class as great, good, decent, bad?

Why would you include Hameed, Bender and Tapa for example in analyzing this class? Lets say I agree Bender will be an All American in 2018 for Kansas what does that have to do with us? How does that help 2018?

Taylor comfort? He was a walkon and HASNT played yet. He like Fernandez right now is a name. What have you seen to make you think either player is a Pac 12 performer?

You keep on saying as time passes each class is better and we are replacing kids in 2014 class with better players. Which player from 15/16/17 beat out Canty, Evers, Tapa etc?

What makes it a disaster is not the evaluation necessary, but the attrition. You have had three players contribute, and two you said were going to get drafted.

1994 was a disaster even though Daryl Jones started for SDSU, Ricky Austin started for SDSU, Glover started for Utah. And when did all the attrition come home to roost? When that class should have been redshirt seniors and they had two players remaining.

Not to be rude by getting back to the original subject of this thread, but I expect one of two things to happen with Cody:

1.) He ends up on an NFL taxi squad and when he eventually gets a shot (and I think that he will get a shot), it is at guard.

or,

2.) He plays in the CFL. If he goes CFL, I suspect that he will be a tackle.

I blame Doba.

I wish Cody the best and hope that he makes an NFL roster but realistically, it's kind of insane that anyone is surprised that Cody wasn't on the NFL radar. The dude was the biggest guy on our team but didn't start until his fourth season in the program. As we've heard ad nauseum, it wasn't like Wulff left Leach with a bunch of NFL talent that was starting ahead of Cody. In watching Cody during games, he's so big that he typically did pretty well when he was facing off one on one but if the defense made him move more than a couple steps and he wasn't effective most of the time. As mentioned above, when we didn't show the ability to move the ball 2 yards running behind him, it says a lot of bad things about his ability to impose his will on a defensive lineman.

I hope he develops a little bit of a fire in his belly and earns a roster spot, but Cody not getting drafted (or getting an immediate UDFA) was no real surprise. I'm proud that he was a Coug and appreciate the blood, sweat and tears that was shed for our football program.

Thank you for the explanation. That makes a lot of sense. I hope he gets his opportunity and develops.

Tron, you do realize that the accomplishments of the last 3 years are based on more than the efforts of your beloved 2014 class, right? Let's review the 2017 depth chart, since you are too stupid to do the math yourself.

QB: 2013
RB: 2013
X: 2015
Y: 2015
LT: 2014 (yay! you got one!)
LG: 2013
C: 2016
RG: 2013
LT: 2013
H: 2013
Z: 2016

Jesus Christ! After reviewing the offense, it's almost like the 2014 class had nothing to do with the success of our football team this year on that side of the ball.

DE: 2015
NT: 2013
DT: 2014 (Hey! You got a second one!)
RUSH: 2014 (Holy Sh!t Dude, you are on a roll, that's three!)
WIL: 2013
MIKE: 2013
Nickel: 2015
CB: 2015
FS: 2016
SS: 2016
CB: 2014 (wow......four guys from the 2014 class)

So, out of 22 starters, 18 of them were from other classes and only the 2016 class doesn't beat the 2014 class in terms of starters and you can't blame them because it was only their second season with the team as opposed to the fourth year for those guys from 2014. As crazy as it is, it's almost like the 2013 class was the true basis of our success the last couple years.....not the 2014 class. If you want to dig down into the two deep and look at that, you'll find that the 2014 class fares even worse. Every time you post on this, it makes you look like a fool. I respect the guys from the 2014 class that did make a difference and I wish that the other guys in that class could have done more because I really want the best for our team and the guys that commit to it. Contrary to your fiction, that class is still a giant freakin' mess.

"Jesus Christ! After reviewing the offense, it's almost like the 2014 class..."

You mean Moritz Christ? Oh, and he wasn't in the class of 2014.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT