ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs up 19-1 in 8th

taf88

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2005
Beyond the offensive output, Mills has pitched a 3-hitter over 7 innings w/13 K’s, no BB.

Somehow I get the feeling that WSU baseball is going to have a extremely good season, better then in a extremely long time.

To be fair tho, I dont follow WSU baseball closely, so could be wrong.

Just a feeling based on results so far.

Think its another example of Chun hiring yet another good coach to, and thats rebuilding yet another WSU Sport.

Basketball

Soccer

Volleyball

Swimming

Track Pending

Baseball Pending in process

Football: Leach already built, Pending under Rolo(Even if Rolo were to not work out, Chun would probably Hire a replacement that would eventually rebuild, get the job done.

I dont think WSU has had such a AWESOME AD THAT have such confidence in.

Whats Next? lacrosse champs?

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Somehow I get the feeling that WSU baseball is going to have a extremely good season, better then in a extremely long time.

To be fair tho, I dont follow WSU baseball closely, so could be wrong.

Just a feeling based on results so far.

Think its another example of Chun hiring yet another good coach to, and thats rebuilding yet another WSU Sport.

Basketball

Soccer

Volleyball

Swimming

Track Pending

Baseball Pending in process

Football: Leach already built, Pending under Rolo(Even if Rolo were to not work out, Chun would probably Hire a replacement that would eventually rebuild, get the job done.

I dont think WSU has had such a AWESOME AD THAT have such confidence in.

Whats Next? lacrosse champs?
19-5 Final. Celebrate this type of win, but if there’s any downside, the bullpen seems somewhat suspect.
Once Mills left the bullpen gave up 4 BB, 4 HBP and 1 WP in two innings of work.

19-5 Final. Celebrate this type of win, but if there’s any downside, the bullpen seems somewhat suspect.
Once Mills left the bullpen gave up 4 BB, 4 HBP and 1 WP in two innings of work.

Yeah even with big time scoring, if the bull pen performs like that against the Pac 12, especially against Ore St, Stanford, ASU, the BASEBALL POWERS of the Pac 12, it wont be as good a season as it could be.

Still I think Chun, and the WSU Baseball head coach have the baseball program going in the right direction.

But hey I coukd be wrong as what do I know about WSU Baseball?

Very little aside from knowing about some Old School WSU baseball players, and Bobo Brayton, etc.

Too bad for Covid, would be nice to take in a game after all this time

We won't be going to our best relief arms when we are up by this much. It's an opportunity to tinker with stuff you'd never do in a high leverage situation.

Reactions: kougkurt
We won't be going to our best relief arms when we are up by this much. It's an opportunity to tinker with stuff you'd never do in a high leverage situation.
They were rather underwhelming @ UC Davis too.
Thompson and Thomas are both scheduled to get work in the pen and Thomas in particular has not been good.
Sierra will be a nice addition to the pen if he doesn’t become the Sunday starter. We’ll see what Hawkins does over the next few starts to see if he’s the third starter.
Still time to sort it out, but the inability to throw strikes will bite em.
The pitching staff has collectively issued 44 walks and hit batsmen in 6 games. They’ll need to cut down in giving the opposition over 7 freebies a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: kougkurt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT