ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy stats

guess the other team that did that ? Mike Leach's Texas Tech team stormed back against Minnesota in a bowl game with(off the top of my head) 40+second half points to beat Minnesota...……….so who was the DC at Minnesota ? you guessed it Tracy Claeys
which is kind of ironic Leach hired him

guess the other team that did that ? Mike Leach's Texas Tech team stormed back against Minnesota in a bowl game with(off the top of my head) 40+second half points to beat Minnesota...……….so who was the DC at Minnesota ? you guessed it Tracy Claeys
which is kind of ironic Leach hired him

Wow! I didn't realize Claeys was the DC for that one, even though I was well-aware of that Insight Bowl comeback generally.

Worth clarifying, for posterity, that Claeys wasn't even on the staff at the time (looked it up today). He was an assistant in the MAC at the time, not even on Minnesota's staff, much less as the DC.

Reactions: taf88 and Coug1990
it was the 2012 mienike car care bowl texas tech beat Minnesota 34-31, Claeys was DC, my mistake I got 2005 and 2012 tech vs Minnesota bowls mixed up

although im pretty sure claeys has coached against leach at some point

it was the 2012 mienike car care bowl texas tech beat Minnesota 34-31, Claeys was DC, my mistake I got 2005 and 2012 tech vs Minnesota bowls mixed up

although im pretty sure claeys has coached against leach at some point

Cool -- yeah, makes sense. Claeys was the DC for that 2012 bowl game. Claeys coached against Leach in the 2016 Holiday Bowl. Much of his team was suspended and he was using true freshman RBs in the secondary (at least as depth ... don't want to be overdramatic).

Many of our fans were predicting a rout and an offensive explosion by WSU. Falk, in one of his earliest examples of constipation, completely sucked, as did the rest of the offense, and WSU lost 17-12.

Cool -- yeah, makes sense. Claeys was the DC for that 2012 bowl game. Claeys coached against Leach in the 2016 Holiday Bowl. Much of his team was suspended and he was using true freshman RBs in the secondary (at least as depth ... don't want to be overdramatic).

Many of our fans were predicting a rout and an offensive explosion by WSU. Falk, in one of his earliest examples of constipation, completely sucked, as did the rest of the offense, and WSU lost 17-12.
And don't forget the greatest defensive back in WSU history tipping a sure interception right into the hands of a Gopher WR.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT