ADVERTISEMENT

De’Jon Benton is onboard

Incredible night of recruiting. Cant remember a night where 3 recruits all DL committed. Good for Phelps. He deserves this and more!!

Reactions: Cougatron
We’ve got some widebodies all of a sudden—McDougle is going to have some help next year.

There is opportunity to play right away on the DL next year. Literally start for 3 years and leave early for the draft if you wreck shop.
And look at these guys. No baby fat to work off...just getting bigger and stronger. 6-2 296...looks like a RS freshman or RS sophomore in college. Looks like their parents have been feeding some high protein...low fat diets.

Incredible night of recruiting. Cant remember a night where 3 recruits all DL committed. Good for Phelps. He deserves this and more!!

Now 4.

Yeah it's crazy. I could go back 20 some years breaking down the struggles our program has had trying to get bona fide high school DT's into this program, and building depth there. If they can all stick with the program, all 4 of these kids are going to be big bodies on the DL.

This is the kind of recruiting this program has needed for a long time to build sustainable depth and talent across the board. We've finally seen it with the emphasis on the OL, and now we are starting to see it on DL.

These 4 guys have 9 months to get jacked as all hell. WSU defense needs them to show up ready to compete and contribute! They are redshirting right now lol. These battle cats need to show up ready to make plays and keep the top ten rolling. Huge opportunity for them at WSU.

A great thing about how this class is developing is that they seem to be a little pickier about the defensive backfield and that maybe by Claeys' design. I'm sure he has a great deal of influence in the video room evaluating prospects and the rest of the staff trying to please him by only going after recruits he's excited about as opposed to filling the class early with a lot of DB's. I'm glad they're not doing that.

And look at these guys. No baby fat to work off...just getting bigger and stronger. 6-2 296...looks like a RS freshman or RS sophomore in college. Looks like their parents have been feeding some high protein...low fat diets.

Which one is he? 6-1, 267 or 6-2, 296? If it's the latter, that's a trim 296, but he'll get there in a year or two, I'm sure. Both Sims and Denton move very, very well, and that's what matters most in our scheme. Tubs of goo won't do at Wazzu...

Which one is he? 6-1, 267 or 6-2, 296? If it's the latter, that's a trim 296, but he'll get there in a year or two, I'm sure. Both Sims and Denton move very, very well, and that's what matters most in our scheme. Tubs of goo won't do at Wazzu...

I'm pretty sure both of them are in the 275-285 range now, and both around 6-2. Some of the recruiting profiles appear to still have some older pictures and soph./jr heights/weights showing 6-1 261, 265, 267etc.

The local Arizona articles that mentioned Sims commitment state that he is 6-3 285. His twitter shows 6-2 275.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...sir-sims-commits-washington-state/1902630002/

Cosmas Kwete also appears to be around 250 pounds, rather than the 220 shown on the recruiting sites.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT