ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Brian Griese

Cougsocal

Hall Of Fame
Sep 5, 2010
If you don't know what you are talking about, STFU.

You can't be interferred with, unless you are trying to make a play on the ball. If you aren't making a play on the ball, you cannot impede another playing who is. Simply, and easy. On the touchdown play, Marks did not interfere when he pushed off the defender because the UCLA defender wasn't trying to catch the ball, as evidenced by the fact he had his back to the ball. Had he turned around and was making a play on the ball, a push off would have been a foul. But in the real world, the defender was doing everything in his power to impede Marks from catching the ball, and Marks had every right to push back to make a play.

It is your job to know the single most important rule in the game of modern football.

He said many many many stupid things throughout the game though, so it should not really be a surprise. Hey, did you know Rosn used to play tennis and was a nationally ranked player! Look at the footwork! They kept saying Falk slammed his head on the injury play, but on replay it looked like his helmet did not hit the ground. I kept thinking it was a whiplash type of thing. I have had that happen before and it is pretty disorienting. Bruin fans are all over talking about how Leach is abusively putting Falk back in the game and risking his safety. Uhh...last I checked it is the medical staff and not Leach who makes that call. He was held out until they did a full protocol. Result? Leach is a big meanie who hates concussed players (James) so WSU wants players to play hurt. I have never gotten that vibe from Leach, but it seems it will just keep being perpetuated by people who never bothered to see what happened in the James incident. Whatever, we are ranked, and have an improving Colorodo team next week. Let's Go Cougs!

Those announcers were the worst but, Falk hit his head and was clearly concussed. Every hit he took in the second half took an obvious toll. His headaches this morning must be hellacious.

Toughest QB in the conference... and it isn't close

I don't know, looked at that play a ton, shoulder hits, helmet gets close. Looked out of it, does not define concussion. I have it DVRed, will look more, but if you watch it while have the announcers muted and only watch the helmet it looks much more whip lash like.

I don't know, looked at that play a ton, shoulder hits, helmet gets close. Looked out of it, does not define concussion. I have it DVRed, will look more, but if you watch it while have the announcers muted and only watch the helmet it looks much more whip lash like.
Interesting take. I thought that there was no question his head hit the ground. I didn't even consider it disputable.

Hope Falk is fine today. He is as tough as nails.

Those announcers were the worst but, Falk hit his head and was clearly concussed. Every hit he took in the second half took an obvious toll. His headaches this morning must be hellacious.

Toughest QB in the conference... and it isn't close
and you can diagnose that from your easy chair at home?

Looked again, his head does touch the ground, but well after the shoulder was down. Not sure if it was "whipped into the ground" or more one then the other sequence. Did frame by frame. I initially thought it bounced, but the reverse angle from behind looked more questionable as to what type of injury. Either way he passed concussion protocol to be allowed to play. I have had neck issue happen to me that left me extremely disoriented for a short time. Not sure what if anything will come from it, as he seemed to suffer no ill effect in the second half even after the blatant targeting issue.

You can't be interferred with, unless you are trying to make a play on the ball. If you aren't making a play on the ball, you cannot impede another playing who is. Simply, and easy. On the touchdown play, Marks did not interfere when he pushed off the defender because the UCLA defender wasn't trying to catch the ball, as evidenced by the fact he had his back to the ball. Had he turned around and was making a play on the ball, a push off would have been a foul. But in the real world, the defender was doing everything in his power to impede Marks from catching the ball, and Marks had every right to push back to make a play.

It is your job to know the single most important rule in the game of modern football.
Griese obviously had to cram for the game and didn't seem that familiar with WSU. Wonder what game Brock Huard had that day? Would have appreciated him in the booth for this one. Anyway, I could be wrong but I thought Griese reversed after seeing the replay and said it was not offensive PI. To your point though, we might have got away with one when McLennan defended the Perkins wheel route.

Bottom line though, no way was that an offensive PI. It was a brilliant clutch play by Marks! I hope the winning season will convince him to come back. He's tough as nails, a great receiver, and I think an important leader on the field.

He's a tool. I agree with you AND, I would add the defender initiated the contact.

It's known as the 30 Point Arm Chair Test.
It's known as the Lystedt Law in Washington State

You should look into it. Every Athlete, Parent, Coach, Teacher, Administrator and others in the State of Washington have been required by law to know about it since 2009.

Considering you're so absolutely out of touch with current concussion protocol in the State of Washington, and how it's developed over the past DECADE, I'm not surprised you would post something so asinine.

Considering you're so absolutely out of touch with current concussion protocol in the State of Washington, and how it's developed over the past DECADE, I'm not surprised you would post something so asinine.

Let's see who is out of touch.

1. A player who was taken into the athletic training room. Examined by medical staff and cleared to play

2. Or you somehow diagnosing someone from television.

So do you walk around using your x-ray MRI vision diagnosing people. Because anybody that makes ANY medical assumptions from a distance sounds pretty asinine.

You should look into it. Every Athlete, Parent, Coach, Teacher, Administrator and others in the State of Washington have been required by law to know about it since 2009.

Yes and if YOU actually knew the law you would know the law states:

Written clearance before return to play: Youth athletes who have been taken out of a game because of a suspected concussion are not allowed to return to play until after:
  • being evaluated by a health care provider with specific training in the evaluation and management of concussions and
  • receiving written clearance to return to play from that health care provider (this does not strictly bar same day return to play).
Was the player removed from play? Yes.

Was he evaluated by a health care provider with specific training in the evaluation and management of concussions? Yes.

So basically every bit of procedure was followed, and you once again look like an idiot.

As an official we are trained every single year to identify concussion symptoms. If we suspect a concussion, we send the player out and inform the coach. We note the player number and time we sent the player out. After that, it is the responsibility of the coach to ensure the protocol is followed from there. If the player returns, as officials we assume the player was cleared.

Starting this year (2015 season) coaches are required to point out a qualified medical professional to us. If none is present (or none identified prior to a concussion is suspected), a player removed for concussion symptoms cannot return.

Now, I think after my 15 years of officiating I think I have a good idea how to identify concussion symptoms. And it takes more than a video to do it. IMO, there wasn't enough information from what was shown on TV to make a determination. You need to see, hear, and talk with a player to make that determination. And we had only a piece of that 1/3 necessary. And the fact the did have a doctor there leads me to believe any concussion protocol was very likely observed.

As an official we are trained every single year to identify concussion symptoms. If we suspect a concussion, we send the player out and inform the coach. We note the player number and time we sent the player out. After that, it is the responsibility of the coach to ensure the protocol is followed from there. If the player returns, as officials we assume the player was cleared.

Starting this year (2015 season) coaches are required to point out a qualified medical professional to us. If none is present (or none identified prior to a concussion is suspected), a player removed for concussion symptoms cannot return.

Now, I think after my 15 years of officiating I think I have a good idea how to identify concussion symptoms. And it takes more than a video to do it. IMO, there wasn't enough information from what was shown on TV to make a determination. You need to see, hear, and talk with a player to make that determination. And we had only a piece of that 1/3 necessary. And the fact the did have a doctor there leads me to believe any concussion protocol was very likely observed.

Thanks Suudy.

That's just a tad overstated.

Yes and if YOU actually knew the law you would know the law states:

Written clearance before return to play: Youth athletes who have been taken out of a game because of a suspected concussion are not allowed to return to play until after:
  • being evaluated by a health care provider with specific training in the evaluation and management of concussions and
  • receiving written clearance to return to play from that health care provider (this does not strictly bar same day return to play).
Was the player removed from play? Yes.

Was he evaluated by a health care provider with specific training in the evaluation and management of concussions? Yes.

So basically every bit of procedure was followed, and you once again look like an idiot.

And on top of that, Falk is not a youth player.

So you are saying that Falk and the independent medical staff who evaluated him are liars?

If doctors concluded that Ronda Rousey did not suffer a concussion despite being cold cocked with a shin to the jaw, and then hammer fisted to the face, we should take Dr. Ed's word for it on the Falk front. Also El is right, you don't play like that after you are concussed.

However, lets not kid ourselves, it is just a matter of time, if the OL doesn't play better and/or Falk continues to hold on to the ball way too long.

If doctors concluded that Ronda Rousey did not suffer a concussion despite being cold cocked with a shin to the jaw, and then hammer fisted to the face, we should take Dr. Ed's word for it on the Falk front. Also El is right, you don't play like that after you are concussed.

However, lets not kid ourselves, it is just a matter of time, if the OL doesn't play better and/or Falk continues to hold on to the ball way too long.

I would say this about Falk, he certainly is a really tough kid. Crawling on the ground certainly looked like he was "concussed". They took his helmet away and they must have determined he was ready to go. In the first series back the look in his eyes that he wasn't all there. As a friend who texted me says..."I don't think the cobwebs have been fully removed.

I would find it hard to believe if Ed T didn't think he was ready to go he wouldn't sign off on letting him play. As far as performance. Troy aikman has said two of the better games he played he doesn't remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT