ADVERTISEMENT

Not going to win throwing it 60 times in a game

spongeandshoot

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2020
Especially with a mistake prone qb.

Hell, its hard win like that with a qb who doesn't make mistakes.

I mentioned this in the game thread, but we are behind the chains constantly
and in a game where we were running the ball effectively, there is no excuse

If need be, put Mateer in there if we are down to one running back and run
him to try and stay on schedule. If the defense creeps up, slip a TE down the seam.

But this game plan of throwing 50 plus times is a horrible game plan

And if I see any more 2 yard passes, I am going to start drinking during games again. Maybe that's the problem.

Anyways...just fng run the ball. It iss not worth the risk associated with a pass play to only throw for 2 yds....or yarrrrds as Beth Mowens likes to say.

Edit to post and case in point.

We had 2nd and 3(after a pass play) after the turnover created by Jackson. Then 2 straight pass plays resulting in an incompletion and a sack.

We had the ball on their 17 yd line after the turnover. 3 and out and had to kick a fg. If we score a td there, ball game.

Reactions: 702coug and ATACFD
We actually had 37 rushing attempts (including sacks). 97 plays for WSU vs 57 for Cal. That’s what happens when you give them scoop and scores and a short field.

Reactions: Coug90
We actually had 37 rushing attempts (including sacks). 97 plays for WSU vs 57 for Cal. That’s what happens when you give them scoop and scores and a short field.

I didn't realize we had that many. My point being we can't afford to drop Cam back that many times and cross our fingers.

I mentioned this above but case in point when Jackson created the fumble and 3 straight pass plays inside the red zone equals 3 and out and a fg

Perhaps you should. Maybe your debating skills(and personality) might improve.
Don't hold your breath.

Now you two just keep fighting while I - damn my fridge is empty. And it's cold down here. About froze my ass off after the game riding my bike down to storage. Gotta be cold up in Spokaloo.

him to try and stay on schedule. If the defense creeps up, slip a TE down the seam.

And if I see any more 2 yard passes, I am going to start drinking during games again. Maybe that's the problem.

Anyways...just fng run the ball. It iss not worth the risk associated with a pass play to only throw for 2 yds....or yarrrrds as Beth Mowens likes to say.

We had 2nd and 3(after a pass play) after the turnover created by Jackson. Then 2 straight pass plays resulting in an incompletion and a sack.

We had the ball on their 17 yd line after the turnover. 3 and out and had to kick a fg. If we score a td there, ball game.

The boot licker wont tolerate this!

I didn't realize we had that many. My point being we can't afford to drop Cam back that many times and cross our fingers.

I mentioned this above but case in point when Jackson created the fumble and 3 straight pass plays inside the red zone equals 3 and out and a fg
Did you realize Pole got injured? Sounded like a season ending injury. So yippee, somebody that's been riding pine for the worst unit on the team gets to play.

Did you realize Pole got injured? Sounded like a season ending injury. So yippee, somebody that's been riding pine for the worst unit on the team gets to play.

Gotcha. So this is the only game we did the stupid shit I mentioned earlier?

Schlem was still healthy. As mentioned above, you could put Matter in for a few more plays

Gotcha. So this is the only game we did the stupid shit I mentioned earlier?

Schlem was still healthy. As mentioned above, you could put Matter in for a few more plays
You've documented your football genius repeatedly on this message board. Only plays that work should be called, every play should be a touchdown or a big gain, one yard rushes are better than two yard passes, Leach will never get it done here, etc.

You've documented your football genius repeatedly on this message board. Only plays that work should be called, every play should be a touchdown or a big gain, one yard rushes are better than two yard passes, Leach will never get it done here, etc.

Actually a 1 yd rush is better than a 2 yd pass in many cases. You are assuming a 2 yd pass is always complete.

You have demonstrated that you are a company yes man who thinks it is acceptable to go 3 and out on the 17 yd line after a 7 yd gain on 1st down.

You also have reading comprehension problems. I never said every play should be a big gain or a touch down. You just get in a tizzy over defending pass all the time and all things bubble that you can't read properly

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Actually a 1 yd rush is better than a 2 yd pass in many cases. You are assuming a 2 yd pass is always complete.

You have demonstrated that you are a company yes man who thinks it is acceptable to go 3 and out on the 17 yd line after a 7 yd gain on 1st down.

You also have reading comprehension problems. I never said every play should be a big gain or a touch down. You just get in a tizzy over defending pass all the time and all things bubble that you can't read properly
You truly are dim. Somehow you assume that a "two yard pass" can be incomplete but that "one yard rush" will always result in a positive gain. And I'm the company man that wanted Wulff fired, but did not opine that Leach wouldn't get it done here after one game.

The bold part is the only possible conclusion of your constant criticism of play calling, no matter who is the coach or the quality of the team on the field. And you still don't know what a bubble screen is, or how an offense works. The really fantastic part is that you admit you don't even pay attention, like not realizing WSU had 37 rush attempt yesterday.

You truly are dim. Somehow you assume that a "two yard pass" can be incomplete but that "one yard rush" will always result in a positive gain. And I'm the company man that wanted Wulff fired, but did not opine that Leach wouldn't get it done here after one game.

The bold part is the only possible conclusion of your constant criticism of play calling, no matter who is the coach or the quality of the team on the field. And you still don't know what a bubble screen is, or how an offense works. The really fantastic part is that you admit you don't even pay attention, like not realizing WSU had 37 rush attempt yesterday.

That was the only conclusion that you could come to...much like your conclusion that I want to run the ball for 60 times a game.

Yes, I criticized Leach when he refused to run the ball in the Apple cup and many other times when we passsed 60 times in a game. So did many people...and many people thought he left a lot of meat on the bone by not running the ball.

Even Connor Halliday said as much in one of his podcasts.

But Leach could get away with it. Arbuckle is not Leach.

But keep towing the company line.

"Here ye here ye!! More Bubble!!"

Did you notice that Beth has taken a little bit easy on the "YARRRRDS" saying? I think she's toned it down. :(

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Did you notice that Beth has taken a little bit easy on the "YARRRRDS" saying? I think she's toned it down. :(

Haha yeah. I did hear her slip once though.

She also needs to brush up on the rule book a bit. When Mateer scored, she claimed he fumbled between his olinemans legs. that was her argument.

The problem was, the ball had already crossed the plane and landed between the olinemans legs in the end zone and the color guy kept trying to explain it to her

Last edited:
That was the only conclusion that you could come to...much like your conclusion that I want to run the ball for 60 times a game.

Yes, I criticized Leach when he refused to run the ball in the Apple cup and many other times when we passsed 60 times in a game. So did many people...and many people thought he left a lot of meat on the bone by not running the ball.

Even Connor Halliday said as much in one of his podcasts.

But Leach could get away with it. Arbuckle is not Leach.

But keep towing the company line.

"Here ye here ye!! More Bubble!!"
Poor, little ignorant sponge. WSU has barely run bubble screens since Rosenbach was the OC. If you paid attention, or knew what a bubble screen actually is, you would have know that.

Poor, little ignorant sponge. WSU has barely run bubble screens since Rosenbach was the OC. If you paid attention, or knew what a bubble screen actually is, you would have know that.

It has been well documented that you have never played a down of football. You are not qualified to comment on the difference between wr screens, bubble screens, tunnels screens etc.

You just want more bubble.

It has been well documented that you have never played a down of football. You are not qualified to comment on the difference between wr screens, bubble screens, tunnels screens etc.

I’m not one to get in the middle of a good ol fashioned pissing match…but define “well documented”. I have no idea if DGibb played football before but I can guarantee there’s people on this board that played at a higher level than Biggs ever has.

I think loyal gave her the old deep throat before she hit the air.
Hey - why do I keep appearing in these threads that I have nothing to do with?

I apologize (not really) for all of the many, many women who have had the pleasure of knowing the Loyal one. I should write a book. And I'm not done. :)

Hey - why do I keep appearing in these threads that I have nothing to do with?

I apologize (not really) for all of the many, many women who have had the pleasure of knowing the Loyal one. I should write a book. And I'm not done. :)
50 shades of Crimson & Grey

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
I’m not one to get in the middle of a good ol fashioned pissing match…but define “well documented”. I have no idea if DGibb played football before but I can guarantee there’s people on this board that played at a higher level than Biggs ever has.

Well, I can't provide papers...but one can usually tell if someone has played or not after years of discussion on the board. And he has never refuted the accusation.

And I generally have no problem if someone did or did not play. Its all good.

It's when someone who has never played has an all knowing and pompous attitude. That needs to be called out.

Quite the contrary.

Please tell us the last time you saw WSU run a bubble screen.

Well, I can't provide papers...but one can usually tell if someone has played or not after years of discussion on the board. And he has never refuted the accusation.

And I generally have no problem if someone did or did not play. Its all good.

It's when someone who has never played has an all knowing and pompous attitude. That needs to be called out.
So when are you calling yourself out, or Biggs?

please tell us the last time you knew something about football.

The whole crux of this long standing argument is vertical passing vs horizontal passing.
Well, I’ve documented that you don’t know what a bubble screen is.

On this message board.

Are you going to tell us the last time WSU ran a bubble screen?
Hell I had to look it up. I didn't know. Here we go.

On this message board.

Are you going to tell us the last time WSU ran a bubble screen?
Well, guys-here is a definition with a video example of a bubble screen. Looks suspiciously like plays WSU and all of our opponents run constantly. So is this or is it not a good example of a bubble screen or not? Let's hear it from all the experts.......

Crap, I forgot the link and I see that there was one posted while I was typing. Going to post this anyway.

Provide the documentation

You act like a bubble screen is some secret play

You are absolutely wrong when you state we haven't run bubble since Rosie

We ran it all the time last year
Yeah based on the definition provided I’d have to agree. Let’s lower the temperature a bit here and understand Gibbs definition. I mean a WR screen can have a lot of components. A simple throw to the WR behind the line where other WRs block. Guards and tackles pulling to block for an incutting receiver where the play is intended to open up in the middle of the field. A slot receiver breaking to the sideline to catch a swing pass with other receivers blocking.

Sorta seems like we are splitting hairs. WSU has ran a F-load of WR screens the last couple of years. Morris ran so many they sort of lost their purpose. There should always be a mix of vertical throws so DBs can’t jump the lateral stuff so quickly.

Yeah based on the definition provided I’d have to agree. Let’s lower the temperature a bit here and understand Gibbs definition. I mean a WR screen can have a lot of components. A simple throw to the WR behind the line where other WRs block. Guards and tackles pulling to block for an incutting receiver where the play is intended to open up in the middle of the field. A slot receiver breaking to the sideline to catch a swing pass with other receivers blocking.

Sorta seems like we are splitting hairs. WSU has ran a F-load of WR screens the last couple of years. Morris ran so many they sort of lost their purpose. There should always be a mix of vertical throws so DBs can’t jump the lateral stuff so quickly.

Gibs hasn't provided a definition..and yes i know of the different variations of wr screens.

I agree we are splitting hairs...but that is what gibbons does to distract from the main argument that we threw a ton of wr screens last year(that didn't work) and he would lose his shit any time anyone complained about it.

While we haven't thrown as many this year, they still don't work except on a hot read

Bubble screen and jail break screen are described here. The bubble goes to a receiver (almost always slot) cutting toward the sideline and away from the QB, with the key being the outside WR's block. EDIT TO ADD- This is literally why it's called a bubble screen- because the receiver bubbles away from the QB. Jail break usually goes to an outside receiver cutting toward with the QB, with the OL getting out to block. Price and Rosenbach loved the bubble screen. I frankly don't remember if Sturdy ran it much or not. Leach did not. Nor did Morris. Arbuckle has a little.

As stated, sponge doesn't know what a bubble screen is, otherwise he would have been able to speak intelligently on the issue during the last 20+ years. He probably thinks buffalo, elk, antelope and deer are all the same.

I can't see the imbedded videos in Loyal's post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT