ADVERTISEMENT

Do We have a RB for next years class

No RB yet. No idea on McIntosh. Coaches may know he’s coming back and that’s why they didn’t sign anyone?

I would imagine a lot depends upon McIntosh, he is granted another year, he has not entered the transfer portal that I am aware of, so I would say there is a good chance McIntosh comes back. If not look for a JC Back and a Freshman, there are still some decent backs out there uncommitted. If McIntosh is back look for just a freshman, but they do need at least one if not 2 backs in this class, the position is a little thin, without McIntosh, Brazile is next up, and we haven't seen enough to know what he brings.

I would imagine a lot depends upon McIntosh, he is granted another year, he has not entered the transfer portal that I am aware of, so I would say there is a good chance McIntosh comes back. If not look for a JC Back and a Freshman, there are still some decent backs out there uncommitted. If McIntosh is back look for just a freshman, but they do need at least one if not 2 backs in this class, the position is a little thin, without McIntosh, Brazile is next up, and we haven't seen enough to know what he brings.
I think take 2 backs anyway. McIntosh will certainly be gone after 2021, and there's potential that Borghi is too. We don't want to be desperately scrambling at the last minute. Ideally, I think we get a freshman and a JC who has redshirt available.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I wasn’t initially concerned about this w Bazeal and considering RB is a position where freshmen can often contribute. After seeing this offense up close and the importance of a back that can pick up a blitz, which McIntosh did a phenomenal job, I’d say it’s a significant need. Hunch is that was a weak spot for Bazeal and why he didn’t see the field much.

I wasn’t initially concerned about this w Bazeal and considering RB is a position where freshmen can often contribute. After seeing this offense up close and the importance of a back that can pick up a blitz, which McIntosh did a phenomenal job, I’d say it’s a significant need. Hunch is that was a weak spot for Bazeal and why he didn’t see the field much.
Fumbles didn’t help either

Reactions: Coug90
So, what you are saying is that he fumbles 100% of the time he touches the ball.
Well, so far that is accurate, unfortunately. Poor guy had a botched handoff on his one and only carry and Rolo has yet to give him another chance. He'll get that chance but it must be driving him crazy in the meantime.

Well, so far that is accurate, unfortunately. Poor guy had a botched handoff on his one and only carry and Rolo has yet to give him another chance. He'll get that chance but it must be driving him crazy in the meantime.

The use of Bazile this year was a disappointment. Bring him in cold in the redzone and he has a defender in this face before he even has time to secure the ball. Doesn't get a carry for the rest of the year. Markoff got a handful of touches in garbage time against USC, which does nothing long term for the program.

As things stand right now Bazile is the only RB with a carry who will be back in 2022. The other scholarship RB's are Dubots and Naulu both of whom are converted LB's. We might be turning one of the strongest positions on offense into a glaring weakness if we don't get some more talent into the pipeline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT