ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Period - Day 1 Updates

DB Derrick Langford has signed. 19th LOI on the day. 17 of the 21 2019 verbal commits have signed + 2 greyshirts from 2018.

DB Derrick Langford has signed. 19th LOI on the day. 17 of the 21 2019 verbal commits have signed + 2 greyshirts from 2018.

Great, DB’s are a concern of mine, and at 6’3” I’m hopeful he has the tools to cover PAC12 WR’s.
Now awaiting Chapman’s LOI, and the slew of DT’s coming our way :(

Benton flipped to USC.

Hmm. Honestly not mad. Just need to find another DT to take his place.

Yup, kids are at JC's for a reason. Often times they have a lot to overcome if they want to qualify for a 4 year university (learning disabilities, poor family support, trauma/shame, emotional issues, or never learned how to study). All of this without the academic support resources a Power 5 school gives kids.
Yeah, not trying to bag on the kid too hard, I guess my main issue would be that High School failed him miserably to let him graduate if he struggles with JC classes. However, it sounds more likely that he's just waiting on a diploma, rather than hoping he can eke out a passing GPA (let's hope).

DB Derrick Langford has signed LOI. 19 total LOIs today. 17 (of 21) from 2019 verbal commits + 2 greyshirts.

Benton flipped to USC.

Hmm. Honestly not mad. Just need to find another DT to take his place.

Well that feels like a swift kick to the groin. We have no issues landing O-Lineman, but are challenged on the DL.
I don’t understand the position and necessary skill levels well enough to know the difficulties in signing them.

Well that feels like a swift kick to the groin. We have no issues landing O-Lineman, but are challenged on the DL.
I don’t understand the position and necessary skill levels well enough to know the difficulties in signing them.

I get it. Certainly don't want to lose your DL commits, but Benton strikes me as someone we won't regret losing. If we find another DT of similar ability, (such as getting Sims to flip back), I don't think this hurts in the least.

I get it. Certainly don't want to lose your DL commits, but Benton strikes me as someone we won't regret losing. If we find another DT of similar ability, (such as getting Sims to flip back), I don't think this hurts in the least.

Sims already signed with SDSU, so will need to pluck from elsewhere.
I’ll trust your assessment of Benton.

Again the early signing period will benefit us. If this was February it would stink. But he will be replaced with a better DL within the next six weeks.

USC is stinking it up on the recruiting front. Not that Benton is bad, but he’s obviously a notch below USC material.

Reactions: Cougzz
Boo. That blows. Was so excited to hear about all the DLine dudes coming in. That blew up. Hopefully there’s some decent talent out there still deciding.

yup happy to keep the local yokels informed . You guys are hilarious funny little guys. keep the late commits coming.

Despondent USC fans are bemoaning the fact they “had” to stoop to snatching a WSU DL at the last second. Their class is WAY below their normal.

Despondent USC fans are bemoaning the fact they “had” to stoop to snatching a WSU DL at the last second. Their class is WAY below their normal.
And they are going to get coached like shit...we already know that- at least for the first year.

If you believe Benton won't get much PT at USC, he did us a favor by committing elsewhere. We aren't the program desperate for any athlete with other P5 offers, now we are winning 8-10 games per year. Our guys can play (maybe not start) for anyone in the conference.

Fans complaining about flipping a guy who "only" was committed to WSU, haven't been paying attention.

Noticed the Louisville safties coach liked the status. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. Sounds like Chapman is mulling over a few offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT