ADVERTISEMENT

Gage Gubrud won his appeal.... Will play in Spring Game!

Hot Damn!!!!

Sorry Flat. Go ahead and drown your sorrows out tonight. But when you’re over your hangover. I expect you to get on board the GG train!!! Go Cougs!

Good news. I wonder if he can enroll in an online program and be eligible for spring ball? I know the grad transfer gu picked up for basketball this year did that so he could get in mid semester and be eligible right away.

Good news. I wonder if he can enroll in an online program and be eligible for spring ball? I know the grad transfer gu picked up for basketball this year did that so he could get in mid semester and be eligible right away.

I thought maybe he already did in anticipation. However, he’s not listed in the directory yet.

The potential for GG to see the field for the Cougs just made DC jobs across the PAC a little bit tougher...

He's a decent passer, but his legs will frustrate defenses that drop eight and dare an offense to run. Just move those chains, baby.

Completing 64% of his passes is key. He’s accurate and can run. Solid news for the Cougs.

He’s a 4.6 40 runner. That means he’s lightning fast for a 6’2” QB. For perspective, Gardner was a 4.9 40 runner, which was fast as well. Exciting times!

I thought he was denied. So kind of confused. Either way, its ok with or without him.

Its just that if true WSU gets 9, 10, 11 wins, instead of 7,8 wins.

Jesus Christ you are dumb. I've said from the beginning that I'll support the kid if he comes here. GFY.

You whined and b!tched like a little girl at first - and endlessly at that. Eventually you pulled your head out of your behind.

Speaking of GFY.....I really mean it for you. I never said that I hoped the kid didn't get in. I said that I hated the addiction to the grad transfer crack. It was pathetic when every random ass kid that stuck his name in the transfer portal was getting publicity on this site. What's funny is that you're f'ing desperate to have the kid, but when I suggested that it didn't appear that Neville was going to work out, I got my balls busted for not giving the kid a chance. You were practically on your knees praying for anyone but Neville to show up. Of course, you don't mind being a two faced bastard.

More wild hyperbole from Hoopscoug's boy toy? You get your nuts busted here consistently on a number of things. Figure it out, dumbass.

You get your nuts busted here consistently on a number of things. Figure it out, dumbass.

Only by idiots like you.

I'm glad to see that Gubrud will get to practice in the spring. The one downside to Minshew was that he came in late. Didn't affect the number of wins, but it likely impacted the number of snaps our backups got in the blowout wins. Of course, who knows, maybe we beat USC if Minshew had more time with the offense. I'd be ok with Gubrud getting us to 12 wins.

Completing 64% of his passes is key. He’s accurate and can run. Solid news for the Cougs.

At this point, I won't say his arm is stronger than Tinsley's or Gordon's. Cooper has the strongest arm of all the returnees. But there's only one with nearly 10,000 yards passing in actual games. Only someone as dumb as our resident Flat Earther would underestimate that.

Only by idiots like you.

I'm glad to see that Gubrud will get to practice in the spring. The one downside to Minshew was that he came in late. Didn't affect the number of wins, but it likely impacted the number of snaps our backups got in the blowout wins. Of course, who knows, maybe we beat USC if Minshew had more time with the offense. I'd be ok with Gubrud getting us to 12 wins.

Wow. Flat is OK with Gubrud now. We can all take a deep breath! What are you going to bitch about next, Debbie?

To put the 32 starts, 32 interceptions thing into proper perspective.

Lets look at, take Minshew.

Minshew only had 9 interceptions, not the exact 10, 11 interceptions he would have needed to exactly make my point, but CLOSE ENOUGH.

So Minshew had about 10(really 9, but call it 10 because easier math to make point), interceptions.

If Minshew had played, started 3 seasons at WSU, instead of just 1, he would have been on pace to have, would have probably had 30 THIRTY INTERCEPTIONS in about 36 THIRTY SIX STARTS, with probably about 33,34,35 wins, 11,12, 11.5 wins per season.

THATS PRETTY CLOSE TO 1 INTERCEPTION PER GAME, PER START, PER WIN.

AND THAT IS PRETTY DAM CLOSE TO GUBRUDS 32 STARTS, 32 INTERCEPTIONS.

I'll take that any day, any time.

You probably posted that, because you probably think 32 starts, 32 interceptions is bad. And you probably want to naysay Gubrud, WSU, Leach, be a NEGACOUG

Well newsflash 32 starts, 32 interceptions, and winning a lot of gamrs is not bad, and is actually really good IF YOU THROW THE BALL 100 TIMES PER GAME AVERAGE 450 YARDS PER GAME, AVERAGE 4.PASS TD's PER GAME AND AVERAGE 5000 YARDS PER SEASON.

Thats actually PRETTY DAM GOOD.

And that is what both Gubrud, and Minshew both have done.

So you can stop with your BS

NEGACOUGNESS

Minshew

30 - Career Games
20 - Career Interceptions

If you wanna compare him to Gardner than let’s do it.

Gardner was lighting in a bottle special.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrayOnGray
Minshew

30 - Career Games
20 - Career Interceptions

If you wanna compare him to Gardner than let’s do it.

Gardner was lighting in a bottle special.

Somebody, namely you, the NEGACOUG, doesnt understand the correlation between MORE PASS ATTEMPTS EQUALS MORE INTERCEPTIONS.

If you go by Minshews past, the reason Minshew had more interceptions while at WSU, at about 13 games for 10 interceptions, then the about 10 interceptions over 17 games while not at WSU, is because Minshew had more pass attempts while at WSU.

Minshew didnt attempt as many passes in his past, so he threw less interceptions.

That is why you cant use Minshew's past in doing a comparision.

You have to look at what Minshew did at WSU: About 10 interceptions, and EXTRAPOLATE that he Minshew would PROBABLY have passed for 30 interceptions in 36 games.

That probably would have 30 interceptions in 36 games is what you compare to Gubrud's 32 interceptions in 32 games.

Comparing Minshews 30 games, 20 interceptions to Gubrud's 32, 32 is not a FAIR, ACCURATE comparision, because MINSHEW did NOT throw the ball as much in his past

Gubrud ATTEMPTED MORE PASSES THEN MINSHEW, SO OF COURSE HE WOULD HAVE MORE INTERCEPTIONS.

The only way you fix that, make it a fair apples to apples comparision, is to say since Minshew had about the same number of pass attempts at WSU in a season, as Gubrud had in a season, then you either compare Minshew at WSU for 1 season, and Gubrud for 1 season, or you EXTRAPOLATE that since Minshew had about 10 interceptions at WSU, he would probably have had 30 interceptions in 36 games.

You then compare that 30 interceptions in 36 games to Gubrud' s 32 interceptions in 32 games, and that is A FAIR ACCURATE APPLES TO APPLES COMPARISION WHERE BOTH GUBRUD AND MINSHEW ARE BOTH PRETTY DAM CLOSE IN THAT KIND OF COMPARISION.

Your comparing ORANGES to Apples. Your comparing Minshews past where he THREW FOR LESS PASS ATTEMPTS, to GUBRUDS MORE PASS ATTEMPTS.

For it to be fair, both have to have about the same number of pass attempts.

Its like people comparing Jalen Hurt to Minshew. Jalen hurt only had about 3,4,5 interceptions compared to Minshews 9, then errantly say Jalen Hurt was, is better because less interceptions.

Well of course he had less interceptions then Minshew. He didnt have as many pass attenpts as Minshew, so of course he have less interceptions then Minshew.

And your comparing Minshew's past to Gubrud, is like comparing Jalen Hurt to Minshew. Its not fair, its not accurate, its not apples to apples, and it shouldnt be done.

For it to be apples to apples, you have to do it, compare it the way I did it. Not the way you did it.

30 interceptions in 36 games is pretty dam close to 32 interceptions in 32 games.

Stop being such a NEGACOUG. Your being like FLAT, SPONGE, ED.

OK Jimmy Lake, let's see how you game plan for this.

I'm thinking running the table including kicking the Mutts in the Nuts, off to the PAC12 CS to beat up on Joseph Smith's stepchildren and on to a NW six bowl.

Just a modest proposal.

Reactions: mikalalas
Somebody, namely you, the NEGACOUG, doesnt understand the correlation between MORE PASS ATTEMPTS EQUALS MORE INTERCEPTIONS.

Career Pass Attempts & Interceptions
  • Gardner = 1168 -- 20 Interceptions
  • Gage = 1165 -- 32 Interceptions
And for you to Compare me to ED and Sponge and the others on here as a NegaCoug shows you again you pay little attention to facts and just bark with zero Knowledge much like ED. Your Quote above is very ED'like and my bold stats is what i do to his dumbass Opinions not Actual Facts. Welcome to the way of ED Mikalalas!

To think he's gonna be Gardner 2.0 is a slap in the face of what Gardner did and brought to the table. Namely, Ran The Air Raid prior and Didn't Play 1AA Teams in his prior stint. Not that ECU is big time, but it's not the Big Sky either. Much bigger learning curve for Gage.

It's great we have another QB in the mix. I don't see a clear cut choice on the roster, but he's not gonna be Gardner. Had two EWU season ticket holders tell me he's gonna be more like what Halliday did at WSU. When he's ON he's dropping dimes to WR's, when he's OFF he's gonna really frustrate the hell out of the Coug Fans with his decisions and accuracy.

I'm not a homer i am objective and a realist. I also recognize... What Gardner did was lightening in the bottle special. Let the best QB win in Aug and if it's Gage, I have complete trust in Michael F'n Leach to get him as ready as he can to lead the Cougs!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: GrayOnGray
This is good news all around. Gives GG an opportunity to compete at the highest level, allows Tinsley and Gordon to win the QB job head to head this Spring and Fall, allows Cooper and Cruz to settle into the program without having to force their development.

No disrespect intended to Tinsley and Gordon, but they were brought in for depth with a chance to compete. Hillinski’s death shook up the roster, and Minshew and GG were brought in. That’s D-1 football.

What I do think should happen is that Leach should clearly define the #2 QB after Spring Ball so the #3 kid has an opportunity to transfer if he so chooses. Leach plays coy about the depth chart to the media, but I suspect he’s very upfront and direct with the players.

In all honesty, if there was some charitable tutor out there, getting Eric Barriere across the grad transfer finish line in a couple years would be bigger news than Gubrud.

That kid is a baller. EWU has pumped out some good QBs the last 15 or 20 years - and this kid is more dynamic than any of them.

In all honesty, if there was some charitable tutor out there, getting Eric Barriere across the grad transfer finish line in a couple years would be bigger news than Gubrud.

That kid is a baller. EWU has pumped out some good QBs the last 15 or 20 years - and this kid is more dynamic than any of them.

So, EWU is our farm team?

Career Pass Attempts & Interceptions
  • Gardner = 1168 -- 20 Interceptions
  • Gage = 1165 -- 32 Interceptions
And for you to Compare me to ED and Sponge and the others on here as a NegaCoug shows you again you pay little attention to facts and just bark with zero Knowledge much like ED. Your Quote above is very ED'like and my bold stats is what i do to his dumbass Opinions not Actual Facts. Welcome to the way of ED Mikalalas!

To think he's gonna be Gardner 2.0 is a slap in the face of what Gardner did and brought to the table. Namely, Ran The Air Raid prior and Didn't Play 1AA Teams in his prior stint. Not that ECU is big time, but it's not the Big Sky either. Much bigger learning curve for Gage.

It's great we have another QB in the mix. I don't see a clear cut choice on the roster, but he's not gonna be Gardner. Had two EWU season ticket holders tell me he's gonna be more like what Halliday did at WSU. When he's ON he's dropping dimes to WR's, when he's OFF he's gonna really frustrate the hell out of the Coug Fans with his decisions and accuracy.

I'm not a homer i am objective and a realist. I also recognize... What Gardner did was lightening in the bottle special. Let the best QB win in Aug and if it's Gage, I have complete trust in Michael F'n Leach to get him as ready as he can to lead the Cougs!!!

No, it is not a slap in the face of Garder. That is a bit of hyperbole. This is football, not curing cancer or world peace. Gardner was Gardner. Gage will be Gage. Hopefully Gage, or one of the other QB's on the roster, will be just successful in their own way by being themselves as Gardner was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT