ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread. Hawaii vs. WSU...

Got to give Arbuckle credit. He called a pretty good game outside of continuous screens we can block. He used Mateer sparingly until we needed it. Nice reverse call out of an NFL playbook. Saw a mismatch with our TE vs their LB and exploited it. Great progress.

Schmedding changed up pressure after 1st quarter and used new personnel. Good changes there too. Hopefully we continue to build on it.

I am thrilled at the score. But even when Hawaii is trying to catch up I see our defense out of position and behind. The advantage we have here is depth. Our backups have more skills than theirs. If we played someone like Oregon, we would be screwed. Their guys would be 10 yards behind our DBs; defense would be totally worthless.

6-1 it is awesome. But we would never have done this in the old conference.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I am thrilled at the score. But even when Hawaii is trying to catch up I see our defense out of position and behind. The advantage we have here is depth. Our backups have more skills than theirs. If we played someone like Oregon, we would be screwed. Their guys would be 10 yards behind our DBs; defense would be totally worthless.

Way to seed failure when everyone else sees success!

So, you were saying it was by accident that the Cougs held Hawaii to fewer points than in every game they played this season except for when they played Boise.

Way to seed failure when everyone else sees success!
I acknowledge the success. We are winning against teams that are supposed to beat. I think our offense is good enough to compete in the old league. I just don’t think our defense is even close. If we do get into the CFB playoffs, we don’t stand a chance. Not because of Mateer, or our O line, or our receivers or even our playcalling. We don’t stand a chance because our defense will get boat race by any competent team.

Maybe I’m old-school, and miss the Palouse Posse days. But I just don’t think our defense gives us any chance to be competitive in a league other than what we are in now.

So, you were saying it was by accident that the Cougs held Hawaii to fewer points than in every game they played this season except for when they played Boise.
I still think we’re better than any team we are playing right now. Anybody left on our schedule for sure. But even these teams are in position to make plays against us. What chance do we stand against better athletes and better coaching?

I still think we’re better than any team we are playing right now. Anybody left on our schedule for sure. But even these teams are in position to make plays against us. What chance do we stand against better athletes and better coaching?
You mean like when we play Texas Tech and the uw? I am sure we will lose those games for sure.

You mean like when we play Texas Tech and the uw? I am sure we will lose those games for sure.

Please. They aren’t even contenders in their own conferences. I’m talking about the other teams that left us behind. Would we be able to Oregon? What about USC? Do you think we’d stand a chance against Arizona State? Skattebo would eat us alive.

We are playing bottom dwellers, and other conferences that are bottom dweller conferences. We’re supposed to win.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Please. They aren’t even contenders in their own conferences. I’m talking about the other teams that left us behind. Would we be able to Oregon? What about USC? Do you think we’d stand a chance against Arizona State? Skattebo would eat us alive.

We are playing bottom dwellers, and other conferences that are bottom dweller conferences. We’re supposed to win.
Do we have a chance against Oregon? The #2 team in the country? Of course not, but neither does anybody else. ASU, the team that lost today? Yes. USC? They are not even a contender in their own conference. TTU? I guess they must be surprised to hear that even though they are in first place and undefeated in conference, they are not a contender in the Big 12.

You should change your handle to Biggs2.

That said, since Biggsy probably won't clock out from Subway or Taco Bell or wherever the hell he pretends to work until late, I shall substitute and summarize the game for him:
  • Mateer is shit. Can't run, can't pass, clearly not a leader
  • Dickfore/Dickwad/Dickshit is a horrible coach and motivator. Hope he gets fired soon
  • Defense is horrible. They think a turnover is something on the breakfast menu
I could go on and on, but WSU's future is sooo dim. Best to fire Dicklick now, along with Arbuckle and Schmedding. Replace them with: Biggsy as HC. Bring some positivity to the program. CougKurt as OC, assuring that we run lots of 3 tight end formations, because we know after Apple Cup he likes those tight rear ends. Ed and Ubes as co-DC's. The opposing offenses will be lulled to sleep by the constant mindless jibber-jabber coming from the defensive players mirroring their coaches.

Bwahahahahah. Good game Cougs. :) :) Naptime before I get ready for OSU/UNLV.

That said, since Biggsy probably won't clock out from Subway or Taco Bell or wherever the hell he pretends to work until late, I shall substitute and summarize the game for him:
  • Dickfore/Dickwad/Dickshit is a horrible coach and motivator. Hope he gets fired soon
I could go on and on, but WSU's future is sooo dim. Best to fire Dicklick now, along with Arbuckle and Schmedding. Replace them with: Biggsy as HC. Bring some positivity to the program. CougKurt as OC, assuring that we run lots of 3 tight end formations, because we know after Apple Cup he likes those tight rear ends. Ed and Ubes as co-DC's. The opposing offenses will be lulled to sleep by the constant mindless jibber-jabber coming from the defensive players mirroring their coaches.
Clearly you didn’t read what I wrote. My entire rant is against the D. Our O is competitive. Or D is not.

If it was easy to post images I would show you how many times our DBs had their backs to the ball. The missed tackles. The misreads. How out of position they are.

Hawaii is 2-5 for a reason.

If you were listening to the post-game, you might see my point. They are talking about how awesome our team is and comparing it to season in the Pac10/12 as if this is something special. Granted there’s nothing else to compare it to, but seriously the competition is nothing compared to what we’ve had in the past. None of this is special. All of this is expected. Except our substandard defense.

Clearly you didn’t read what I wrote. My entire rant is against the D. Our O is competitive. Or D is not.

If it was easy to post images I would show you how many times our DBs had their backs to the ball. The missed tackles. The misreads. How out of position they are.

Hawaii is 2-5 for a reason.
Yes, Hawaii is 2-5 for a reason and the Cougs dominated them more than any team this season. The defense also had three turnovers and kept Hawaii 0-9 on 3rd/4th down.

A better game overall on most aspects than last week. Arbuckle called a better game. OL still needs work. Mateer still needs work. D still needs work. I agree with Suudy's comments on that. It's great to get turnovers but we are still out of position a LOT.

Not sure I understand the false dichotomy here where if people criticize the coaches or a units play (like Suudy did with the D) that means they are total nega cougs. It should be OK to openly discuss the strengths and weaknesses.

If you were listening to the post-game, you might see my point. They are talking about how awesome our team is and comparing it to season in the Pac10/12 as if this is something special. Granted there’s nothing else to compare it to, but seriously the competition is nothing compared to what we’ve had in the past. None of this is special. All of this is expected. Except our substandard defense.

They are playing a JV schedule. Take the wins. But this isn’t amazing. This roster is 1 step ahead of Wulff talent.

A better game overall on most aspects than last week. Arbuckle called a better game. OL still needs work. Mateer still needs work. D still needs work. I agree with Suudy's comments on that. It's great to get turnovers but we are still out of position a LOT.

Not sure I understand the false dichotomy here where if people criticize the coaches or a units play (like Suudy did with the D) that means they are total nega cougs. It should be OK to openly discuss the strengths and weaknesses.

The Church of the Right Way has nothing else to offer. No accountability, all lies, only the same tired hymns week in and week out shouting down anyone that says otherwise.

They are all shitbag stalkers.

Reactions: ATACFD
CougTalk after the post game is essentially worthless now. Back in the day they used to let you tell you how you thought it went. They even would be a little bit critical. But now it’s just knob slobbering.

CougTalk after the post game is essentially worthless now. Back in the day they used to let you tell you how you thought it went. They even would be a little bit critical. But now it’s just knob slobbering.
I stopped listening when Patchin was still on it. If you didn’t agree with what he said, he cut off your call and went on a rant. Glad we cut him loose.

This is the way of the world now. It’s not just football. You’re either with us or you’re against us.

But what if we play Cal , Stanford, Arizona, ASU, UW and not Oregon who is 3 in the country .

I stopped listening when Patchin was still on it. If you didn’t agree with what he said, he cut off your call and went on a rant. Glad we cut him loose.
Who was it before Patchin? It doesn’t seem that long ago, but maybe it was 20+ years ago.

Agreed. I listen to both pre-game, (much better) and post game CougTalk. CougTalk is essentially politically correct, then giving the candid truth.

Totally agree.

BTW, I found that the Pullman Radio app (for New Country 104.3), is far superior than any other source, like TuneIn, etc, and it's free.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATACFD
Agreed. I listen to both pre-game, (much better) and post game CougTalk. CougTalk is essentially politically correct, then giving the candid truth.

Totally agree.

BTW, I found that the Pullman Radio app (for New Country 104.3), is far superior than any other source, like Tune-In, etc, and it's free.
I just discovered that app myself. I was using TuneIn for a long time, but it wouldn’t do the pregame or the post game. And I had to pay for it! It was a few weeks ago that it would not even stream the game. I tried to stream it off KXLY but that didn’t work. So I went to the 104.3 website and found the app. Best solution ever.

Plus, you get all the local commercials!

Reactions: M-I-Coug
I just discovered that app myself. I was using TuneIn for a long time, but it wouldn’t do the pregame or the post game. And I had to pay for it! It was a few weeks ago that it would not even stream the game. I tried to stream it off KXLY but that didn’t work. So I went to the 104.3 website and found the app. Best solution ever.

Plus, you get all the local commercials!
Agreed,

For everyone on this board, (even if you attend home games), if you haven't yet.....check out the Pullman Radio app. It's by far the best and easiest way to listen to pre-game and post game, or even the main game...on local Pullman.... New Country 104.3, and it's free.

Bwahahahahah. Good game Cougs. :) :) Naptime before I get ready for OSU/UNLV.
Drunk again?

You sure post like it.

I support Jake Dickert. Best winning percentage of any WSU coach after 4 years, ever.

Drunk again?

You sure post like it.

I support Jake Dickert. Best winning percentage of any WSU coach after 4 years, ever.
Actually I'm not drunk yet. Maybe later. And what is your fixation with a guy enjoying a few brews? Another indicator that you did not attend WSU. Klay Thompson did: Klay - Win or lose, Cougs booze".

It's Saturday evening. I'm enjoying myself and am just getting started. You got a problem with that?

Is this a kinder, gentler version of Biggs?

How many times in school history have we been ranked 12 or better at the end of the regular season? Three, maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT