ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread. Hawaii vs. WSU...

Agreed,

For everyone on this board, (even if you attend home games), if you haven't yet.....check out the Pullman Radio app. It's by far the best and easiest way to listen to pre-game and post game, or even the main game...on local Pullman.... New Country 104.3, and it's free.
The WSU app is the best.

The Church of the Right Way has nothing else to offer. No accountability, all lies, only the same tired hymns week in and week out shouting down anyone that says otherwise.

They are all shitbag stalkers.
The turd has entered the punch bowl.

The Church of the Right Way has nothing else to offer. No accountability, all lies, only the same tired hymns week in and week out shouting down anyone that says otherwise.

They are all shitbag stalkers.
Sorry we won Biggs. I know it’s going to be a rough week for you. Maybe next week we will lose and you can thump your chest and pretend you could coach at this level.

Hopefully you don’t have to work tomorrow too.

Reactions: UberCougars
Oh good grief... have you seen ucla play. Utah? They have zero QB play. ASU just lost .
The answer to all of these is our D. It’s not just pass protection. It’s tackling, vision, position, pursuit, awareness. They are deficient in all.

Rising had 1 bad game. These happen all the time. Even us left behinds were good for one upset.

UCLA has more talent and more depth. Our D would have been gassed by 2nd quarter. Even if our O tried to keep up, it would be a war of attrition we’d lose.

Same with USC. The only way we pull that off is a coaching brain fart, which is what Riley seems to be good at. You can’t be serious thinking we can keep up with the roster we have.

And our run D was clearly exposed against BSJC. A good back would have a field day. We would make Skatebo look like a Heisman candidate.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
The answer to all of these is our D. It’s not just pass protection. It’s tackling, vision, position, pursuit, awareness. They are deficient in all.

Rising had 1 bad game. These happen all the time. Even us left behinds were good for one upset.

UCLA has more talent and more depth. Our D would have been gassed by 2nd quarter. Even if our O tried to keep up, it would be a war of attrition we’d lose.

Same with USC. The only way we pull that off is a coaching brain fart, which is what Riley seems to be good at. You can’t be serious thinking we can keep up with the roster we have.

And our run D was clearly exposed against BSJC. A good back would have a field day. We would make Skatebo look like a Heisman candidate.
Rising is done I believe.

Seriously, what makes you think this is a playoff team or even has/had potential to be one? We have a sophomore QB starting his first season. The OL is mediocre. The defense epitomizes bend but don’t break. We’re decent enough at the skill positions. We don’t have any Ryan Leaf type transcendent talent to elevate the team. We’re not deep. We dont even have a ****ing conference.

This makes little logical sense as it completely ignores how each team has actually played this season.

Cougs are #19 in scoring and #100 in scoring defense. (NCAA.com)

6-1 Bowl eligible. Congratulations 🎊

49 new players including a dynamic Sophomore QB who is starting his first season are trying to find their way.

11-1 is still a possibility at this point. That doesn’t intrigue some of you? Why not?

We lose to USC, UCLA, Utah, and ASU. Our best possible season is 7-5.
WSU has won 7 games or more, 16 times in the past 60 years.

6 games or more, 23 out of the past 60 years.

So, yes. This year is special. How special? We’re about to find out now, aren’t we.

Just don’t miss it because if we go 11-1 or 12-1, WSU is likely starting over with “loyal”’s Girlfriend on deck to pick the next coach.

Rising is done I believe.

Seriously, what makes you think this is a playoff team or even has/had potential to be one? We have a sophomore QB starting his first season. The OL is mediocre. The defense epitomizes bend but don’t break. We’re decent enough at the skill positions. We don’t have any Ryan Leaf type transcendent talent to elevate the team. We’re not deep. We dont even have a ****ing conference.
I don’t! That’s the point! Yet I hear here, podcasts, talking heads, even our broadcast team talking about chances to make the playoff. Pure fiction. And if we did, we’d get blasted.

And that’s only the first half of what frustrates me.

The rest is that we should be smoking these teams. There should be no anxiety about these games. Yet I see our DBs not looking back, LBs out of position, bad tackling, poor reads, lack of effort, and general poor play. Or D is good enough to get takeaways, wins, and stops against 2nd tier teams. We should do this x10. It it feels like work. Like we are lucky. It doesn’t feel like skill, just depth.

And I dislike the “bend don’t break” mantra. Any electrician knows knockouts are “bend don’t break” on the first, second, third, maybe 4th try. But they always break. Too much bending and there’s a collapse. We saw that at BSJC. And we will probably see it again, probably at OSU.

Edit: You are right we aren’t deep. We just happen to be deeper than the teams on our schedule. I don’t think that will be the case with OSU.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
This makes little logical sense as it completely ignores how each team has actually played this season.
This is apples to oranges. The level of talent is not comparable. They are playing much tougher teams. We struggle against the teams we have. And they struggle against the teams they have. to ignore the talent of the competition is wishful thinking.

I don’t! That’s the point! Yet I hear here, podcasts, talking heads, even our broadcast team talking about chances to make the playoff. Pure fiction. And if we did, we’d get blasted.

The rest is that we should be smoking these teams. There should be no anxiety about these games. Yet I see our DBs not looking back, LBs out of position, bad tackling, poor reads, lack of effort, and general poor play. Or D is good enough to get takeaways, wins, and stops against 2nd tier teams. We should do this x10. It it feels like work. Like we are lucky. It doesn’t feel like skill, just depth.

And I dislike the “bend don’t break” mantra. Any electrician knows knockouts are “bend don’t break” on the first, second, third, maybe 4th try. But they always break. Too much bending and there’s a collapse. We saw that at BSJC. And we will probably see it again, probably at OSU.

Edit: You are right we aren’t deep. We just happen to be deeper than the teams on our schedule. I don’t think that will be the case with OSU.
Are you watching the Oregon State game?

Oregon State is Oregon State. Same as usual.

We all know UNLV is the real deal, and they are. Forget OSU, they're weak. (4-3)

It's too bad we don't play the Rebels on our schedule, because that would be another good test.

We lose to USC, UCLA, Utah, and ASU. Our best possible season is 7-5.
You are so wrong on this. Fucla would not win. Utah is doosche now vs. where they were. ASU is probably 50/50.

We are legitimately a Top 35 program this year.

At least as of right now.

If we really go 11 wins, you Captain Negatives are wrong.
You are generous at 7 wins.
In a "normal Pac-12" year... we would be between 6 and 9 wins overall depending on the schedule.

Every team that plays BSU is exposed for their run D as they try to stop the top RB in college football.

Should our opponents begin referencing WSU as WSC? I mean, WSC is our legacy, right?

Congrats. You’ve left the Church of the Right Way matrix and recognize it for what it is.

You are so wrong on this. Fucla would not win. Utah is doosche now vs. where they were. ASU is probably 50/50.

We are legitimately a Top 35 program this year.

At least as of right now.

If we really go 11 wins, you Captain Negatives are wrong.

In a "normal Pac-12" year... we would be between 6 and 9 wins overall depending on the schedule.

You have had too much of the Church of the Right Way’s koolaid. If you think this team wins 6-9 Pac 12 games you are delusional.

Are you watching the Oregon State game?

Oregon State is Oregon State. Same as usual.

We all know UNLV is the real deal, and they are. Forget OSU, they're weak. (4-3)

It's too bad we don't play the Rebels on our schedule, because that would be another good test.

UNLV is the real deal. Wow. Think they’ll win 2 games in the playoff real deal???

Can’t wait for more proverbs.

You can turn on any random CFB game and see plenty of missed tackles and blown assignments. The roster turnover is insane for every school if you haven’t been paying attention. In what world are you living where the Cougs go blow everyone out by 50 every weekend and play perfect games.

The greatest coach in WSU history lost to Portland State and Eastern, and let CSU beat us when we could have been in victory formation.

Weve already beaten B10 and B12 teams this year, the argument that we couldn’t compete against those teams is nonsense.

Other than wanting the dumbest poster on this board to like your posts, I’m not sure what point you are trying to make.

UNLV is the real deal. Wow. Think they’ll win 2 games in the playoff real deal???

Can’t wait for more proverbs.
UNLV is having a pretty good season, based on record. But look at their schedule and tell me which of those wins still look impressive. They beat Houston and Kansas…but both of them are 2-5. Now, their best win looks like their blowout of Fresno - a 4-3 team. Their only opponent with better than a middling record has been Syracuse (5-1), and UNLV lost that game. They get Boise state next, so let’s take another look in a week.

As for us…I don’t think we’re Wulffian, but I don’t really see that we’re improving, and we’re very Price-ish in the way we tend to play to the level of our competition, especially on D.

Our schedule is soft, but even in the Pac, we’d probably be #2 in the old north division. Cal and Stanford are bad, Oregon state isn’t very good, and we already beat UW. Not sure who we’d play in the south, but USC & UCLA aren’t scary. Utah is down. Arizona, ASU, and Colorado aren’t bad.

We’re not going to get a playoff berth, and if we did, we’d get pounded. To be fair, there will rarely be a 12-seed who doesn’t get pounded.

We may very well go 11-1, and it’ll be touted as our greatest season ever. And, it will be our greatest season ever…completed by a team that may not even be in the top 10 of our greatest teams ever.

UNLV is having a pretty good season, based on record. But look at their schedule and tell me which of those wins still look impressive. They beat Houston and Kansas…but both of them are 2-5. Now, their best win looks like their blowout of Fresno - a 4-3 team. Their only opponent with better than a middling record has been Syracuse (5-1), and UNLV lost that game. They get Boise state next, so let’s take another look in a week.

As for us…I don’t think we’re Wulffian, but I don’t really see that we’re improving, and we’re very Price-ish in the way we tend to play to the level of our competition, especially on D.

Our schedule is soft, but even in the Pac, we’d probably be #2 in the old north division. Cal and Stanford are bad, Oregon state isn’t very good, and we already beat UW. Not sure who we’d play in the south, but USC & UCLA aren’t scary. Utah is down. Arizona, ASU, and Colorado aren’t bad.

We’re not going to get a playoff berth, and if we did, we’d get pounded. To be fair, there will rarely be a 12-seed who doesn’t get pounded.

We may very well go 11-1, and it’ll be touted as our greatest season ever. And, it will be our greatest season ever…completed by a team that may not even be in the top 10 of our greatest teams ever.
Silly

Some of you are trying so hard to hate a six and one team it’s truly baffling

Last edited:
Reactions: Coug90
You are generous at 7 wins.
Wait ....
Congrats. You’ve left the Church of the Right Way matrix and recognize it for what it is.
And you joined the manager at Goodwill. We buy players at bargain basement pricing and expect them to be top 10.

Since you fire people after one or two games ... would the Goodwill crew fire a defensive coordinator or put on the hot seat after giving up 446 yards on 46 carries... that is on one game by the way.

You have had too much of the Church of the Right Way’s koolaid. If you think this team wins 6-9 Pac 12 games you are delusional.
Apologies. I was talking overall 12 game Pac-12:season.

I think we would beat between 4 to 7 in the normal Pac for a season of 6 to 9 wins

CougTalk after the post game is essentially worthless now. Back in the day they used to let you tell you how you thought it went. They even would be a little bit critical. But now it’s just knob slobbering.
You are so right! Saying the exact same information (Mateer is now #5, right next to our partner Alex Brink for completion % in a game) several times in a row is not informative or good radio entertainment.

In spite of the incessant technical difficulties they had when fielding actual live calls, the format was so much better than this recorded and edited voice messages bullshit. Sad, pathetic, awful, lousy. And how many messages did they even respond to anyway? Not many, I recall 4 or 5, and that is while traveling north on ID Hwy 95 from approximately Potlatch all the way up to just past Couer d'Alene. Are they so in love with hearing themselves bloviate instead of hearing what actual Coug fans/alumni have to say, or are we as a group so pathetic that 4 or 5 calls is all that they have to work with? Can't we get a few more calls to work with so we don't have to listen to someone try to compare this year's defense to the famed and dominant Palouse Posse?

Let's just say that I am not at all impressed with the current CougTalk format! If they are so afreaid of getting some moron on the air, at least set up a message system to allow comments/questions coming into them that could be read and responded to. Come on guys, you can and MUST do better!

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Apologies. I was talking overall 12 game Pac-12:season.

I think we would beat between 4 to 7 in the normal Pac for a season of 6 to 9 wins
So…huge improvement from last year, well above program average 6-7 p12 wins being in the upper echelon of Coug teams historically…top 10% while breaking in a new QB and dealing with the unfathomable challenge of your conference imploding? Yeah sign me up, this coaching staff is doing a helluva job getting everything out of this roster and continuing to build under extraordinarily difficult circumstances. Is there room for improvement, sure. But anyone who can’t come to this very basic conclusion on this season so far has zero football sense….zero.

There are a lot of what I would describe as “middle class” teams in the old Pac 12. And whoever wins the most of those “middle class” games can put together a nice season and record. If WSU were playing all those teams this year, I wouldnt just run down the list of who is scary and not scary or who is bad or not bad. All things being equal in a middle class match up, prob a coin toss. One team being poorly coached and poorly called on game day with zero pass rush and a circus for an offense, not a coin toss.

Look at the Myn West record now. Barely beat SJSU in overtime, embarassed and run out of Boise, down to the wire against Fresno and beat the brakes off Hawaii. They could just as easily be 1-3 as they are 3-1. And people are singing the praises of Dickfore? People are talking 11-1? Wow.

I agree that a #12 seed vs a #1 seed will likely be a blow out. What you arent talking about is how it looks. Let’s say the Lakers show up for a game… Lebron James comes running out…. and their opponent??? The Church of the Right Way….. yea Church of the Right Way!!! and here comes MoronIsland Coug sprinting out, promptly trips and smacks his face on the hardwood floor so hard his nose bursts wide open…. It’s gonna be a blow out… But the disparity in talent between the teams is light years apart. That’s WSU lining up as the #12th seed in the playoff with talent 1 step ahead of what Wulff had.

So, to boil it down, your complaint is that BSU beat us, and San Jose and Fresno were too close? We should be undefeated with what you agree is a OKish roster?

Reactions: Coug1990
You are so right! Saying the exact same information (Mateer is now #5, right next to our partner Alex Brink for completion % in a game) several times in a row is not informative or good radio entertainment.

In spite of the incessant technical difficulties they had when fielding actual live calls, the format was so much better than this recorded and edited voice messages bullshit. Sad, pathetic, awful, lousy. And how many messages did they even respond to anyway? Not many, I recall 4 or 5, and that is while traveling north on ID Hwy 95 from approximately Potlatch all the way up to just past Couer d'Alene. Are they so in love with hearing themselves bloviate instead of hearing what actual Coug fans/alumni have to say, or are we as a group so pathetic that 4 or 5 calls is all that they have to work with? Can't we get a few more calls to work with so we don't have to listen to someone try to compare this year's defense to the famed and dominant Palouse Posse?

Let's just say that I am not at all impressed with the current CougTalk format! If they are so afreaid of getting some moron on the air, at least set up a message system to allow comments/questions coming into them that could be read and responded to. Come on guys, you can and MUST do better!
It's better than listening to Eastern games, and they do a few score updates. I can't imagine that gig pays well.

WSU has won 7 games or more, 16 times in the past 60 years.

6 games or more, 23 out of the past 60 years.

So, yes. This year is special. How special? We’re about to find out now, aren’t we.

Just don’t miss it because if we go 11-1 or 12-1, WSU is likely starting over with “loyal”’s Girlfriend on deck to pick the next coach.
Wait what? How did I get sucked in to this vortex? And just who is my girlfriend this week? I lose track.

You guys should just ignore the 2 trolls. This conversation is stupid and pointless. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone (talking to you Biggsy and Suudy) can come on a WSU Football message board after a 42-10 blowout and piss and moan about how shitty we are, and how poorly we would do if we had a different schedule. Probably be in 17th place or tied for 14th in league right now. Oh wait, that's Cal, FUSC and FUCLA.

Reactions: Coug1990
I can't think of a time when WSU has beat two top 12 teams back to back.
I think that has more to do with timing/schedule.

Not really fair to say when we beat fUsc that we couldn't have beaten Boise State in the same gig.

When we beat Texas and fUsc in the same season... we would have beat them back to back.

Wait what? How did I get sucked in to this vortex? And just who is my girlfriend this week? I lose track.

You guys should just ignore the 2 trolls. This conversation is stupid and pointless. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone (talking to you Biggsy and Suudy) can come on a WSU Football message board after a 42-10 blowout and piss and moan about how shitty we are, and how poorly we would do if we had a different schedule. Probably be in 17th place or tied for 14th in league right now. Oh wait, that's Cal, FUSC and FUCLA.
Although I disagree with Biggs on defining "good"... it's not like he's wanting us to be worse.

His wanting/striving for us to be awesome is totally fair.

I just refuse to be extensively grouchy when we are 6 & 1... beat fuw on the bitch side of the state... smash Texas Tech... and have 1 loss to a Heisman

I think that has more to do with timing/schedule.

Not really fair to say when we beat fUsc that we couldn't have beaten Boise State in the same gig.

When we beat Texas and fUsc in the same season... we would have beat them back to back.
If you're referring to 2003, we got smoked by USC.

Although I disagree with Biggs on defining "good"... it's not like he's wanting us to be worse.

I just refuse to be extensively grouchy when we are 6 & 1... beat fuw on the bitch side of the state... smash Texas Tech... and have 1 loss to a Heisman
I dunno. Biggs seems happiest when we have a six game losing streak or something like that.

I honestly believe that he likes it when we are not good so he can bitch, and moan even more than he does now. Some people are just wired to complain and find fault in everything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT