ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread. Hawaii vs. WSU...

I really doubt it on Gesser which is a shame. I really liked the guy. As a player and as a person.

He screwed up. Bad stamp to have.

Forgive and move on. Can't really justify letting him back in with that kind of mark though.

He just needs some Proverbs scriptures.

Is there a back story as to why we played Potter instead of Eckhaus. Eckhaus has hardly been in a game and it is his last year of eligibility.
On the other hand Potter had never been in a game.
Maybe that’s just it. Eckhaus is in his last year, so there’s little upside in playing him. Getting Potter some snaps maybe goes further toward keeping him in the fold, and lets us know a little about him at game speed.

Reactions: UberCougars
Maybe that’s just it. Eckhaus is in his last year, so there’s little upside in playing him. Getting Potter some snaps maybe goes further toward keeping him in the fold, and lets us know a little about him at game speed.
Hmmm. Interesting theories. hadn't realized Eckhaus still has a redshirt year available. Since he was a freshman in 2021, does he also have a Covid year, or was that the 2020 season? 2020 I think.

Potter is a redshirt frosh, so nothing to burn or preserve there. Of course, since Dickwad is stupid and shitty, he will do the worst thing possible for the Cougs' future. :)

Is there a back story as to why we played Potter instead of Eckhaus. Eckhaus has hardly been in a game and it is his last year of eligibility.
On the other hand Potter had never been in a game.
I don't know. I saw Eckhaus go to the locker room in the third quarter. He was by himself so I thought he might be going to the bathroom. Could have been sick I guess.

My guess it has multiple reasons. If Mateer jumps, Eckhaus will preserve a year of eligibility. If Mateer gets hurt this year I could see Eckhaus playing the last four games and still preserve that eligibility. And I could see Eckhaus stating he was going to jump into teh portal and if our coaches are smart would say no not yet, you will be the last to be offered anyway, so see what plays out.

What I will say for just throwing the ball, Potter has a great release and the ball gets to where it needs to go in a hurry. The question will be how does he adjust to being a QB and against a pass rush

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT