ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Kinda surprised CML challenged that completion and risked losing a timeout as an ISU 5-yard gain on 1st down isn't the end of the world here.

He must have had a great look.
I am sure it was the booth that told him to challenge

Offense looking freaking clueless. ISU gives up 3-7 free here and we are beyond confused that they're not just laying down.

28-20 Cougs. A very scary 10+ minutes left after a beast run by Borghi and a scary but incredible toss by Minshew.

Don't love the fact that it only gave the D a 3 minute rest... guys have been on the field the entire 2nd half and MUST be getting tired, especially as ISU is fighting for their lives.

And I'm with Biggs and Bleed and everyone that say we need to be able to punch the ball up the gut in a way that requires some respect. If Minshew wasn't quite so good at improvising this game would look like the last 2 Holiday Bowls

Reactions: Observer11
Refs doing yeoman's work but I am REALLY worried what role the ISU fans/sideline will play in this nailbiter. Refs can ignore 90% of it and still feel they're doing a good job if they honor the 10% of "fan requested" calls. There is nothing ISU is not challenging.

The tv analist
Ok wow. If I was a Cyclone fan I'd be hot about that call. Hot
I don't think it was a catch if I understand the rule. He bobbled the ball on the first step and a half. He didn't control the ball throughout when he actually caught the ball and hit the ground.

I'm happy that Booby converted there but on 1 yard to go, we have GOT to be able to get yardage when they know we're coming without bouncing it outside and breaking tackles. I just don't know how you win consistently if you can't get 1 tough yard straightup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT